We literally, unironically, live in the future

We literally, unironically, live in the future.

Attached: future.jpg (1808x518, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHSdObeUdxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know that this pic is a concept idea and not the actual product ?

>phones are getting bigger and dumber
seems like we are going back in time

>t. stone agers
This is what the people who hated on Tesla said.

Took long enough for big business being innovative

Unless something revolutionary happens with phone technology I'll just stick with mid tier android.

Last I checked we live in the present but I guess by the time you see this it will be the past so you can consider me as being in the future in a way

WHERE ARE THE GODAMN FLYING CARS

OH MY GOD SO I CAN THROW AWAY MY TABLET AND GET A TABLET SIZED PHONE?!?!
HOLY FUCKBAGS!!!

This but unironically. Why are you making it sound like that's bad? That's literally fucking revolutionary.
The screen size of a tablet, but the size of a phone in your pockets. That's fucking genius. Buy it once it's released.

Tesla is still shit.

>pointless novelty
>drowning in dumb little gadgets that don't make us any happier
>"living in the future guys"

Attached: 3039904786_65476a933a.jpg (500x385, 72K)

Trains>flying cars

This comic was made using a computer, which is made by nerds.

how thin/new did the computer have to be to put a jpg on the internet

Being able to fold your big ass tablet to fit into your hand or pocket is a really nice feature actually.

Pic confuse nerd, geeks and applefags

You're a retard. just feed the old computers to starving african children.

I just point the fact that is not the actual product, i didn't say it's a bad concept.
The release is near also. You assume tjings to quickly

They exist, they're called Cessna.

Well there won't be a product if you don't support the concept first.
The more people that support it, the sooner it's released.

Attached: pal.png (850x445, 576K)

The sooner its released the crappiest its get

>it has never mattered how thin a computer is
Imagine how much money, effort and resources could have been saved if we all just stuck to OG building-sized computers.

Holy fuck this comic is so retarded, something a 14 year old would come up with.

Volume isn't the same as thickness.

Small volume is nice.
Thinness it useless and is only done to appeal to fashion.

If thinness was really that great a liter carton of milk would be a 25cm wide, 40cm tall and 1cm thin.

Lefties are literally mentally ill.

A phone pcb is 2 mm thick, everything beyond that is bloat. They're shaving it off little by little.

Kek this

this is what the actual samsung foldable phone will look like

Attached: DrbyB-OVYAAKVLH.jpg (768x1024, 127K)

Yes, can't wait until batteries last less than an hour.

Better CPU and battery technology will take care of that by the time phones are that thin. They're probably will also be free-form bendable as well.

tbf, if you extend his point some.. not much ACTUAL NEED for big ass tablet in the first place. And no, don't BS a BS'er. No fucker in the entire History of Personal Computing has ever used a tablet to produce work of any worth, whatso-fucking-ever

Or...they could make normal thickness phones with batteries that last 10 times longer with no downsides.

>butt butt it has to be THINNNNN or else my boyfriend won't think I'm cool.

This makes me wanna puke.

That's because they didn't had proper work tools. Computer is a computer.
Regardless, bigger screen is better than smaller one, smaller package is better than bigger one. Foldable tablets combine best of both worlds.

>produce work

I would like a big foldable screen just to read the news on the ferry to work.
Fuck tiny ass screens that can't be controlled with big manly fingers.

It's much easier to design and make thick phones and better battery life would be a bonus too. But people don't care, they want thin phones. There are manufacturers that make phones with 10k mAh batteries, go find them if you want such phone. But don't go and tell everyone else what they should do.

Nice one

the primary factor motivating gadget design is structural, then thermal. thinness makes both harder

quite frankly you don't need anything more than a motherboard inside a plastic enclusure to make a functional computer and some of the cheap, early netbooks are a tantamount to that level of design simplicity. dead simple, sturdy, but they're THICC and full of empty space.

the computer at max draws 10 watts. thats a fucking ipad. but the ipad is 7mm thick and necessitates a significant amount of engineering into the structural rigidity, thermal considerations, and cooling system. things that weren't even considered in the MSI Wind or EEE PC beyond 'eh its got a fan'

even though this is kind of a shitty gimmick compared to a hamburger style fold it's totally because most off the shelf batteries are long and skinny and they aint buildin no custom parts for a gimmick

Thin screens made possible big ass TVs with SOs running and available for the regular poorfag.

Imagine living in a world with those things everywhere.
The sound polution alone would make me kms.

iPad killer

Attached: Drbxl3QU0AAInN_.jpg (2048x1536, 263K)

>tfw earbud-wearing /mu/fags will be a plurality in your lifetime

>Thinness it useless and is only done to appeal to fashion.

this is literally something only incels write, pic related is my laptop and your incel ass wish you had the money to buy it

Attached: dell-xps-13-9370-core-i7-16gb-512gb-ssd-133.jpg (960x720, 57K)

>that bezel
never gonna make it

We've had them for a long time, problem is you can't be a normalfag or a fatass, and it's more like a motorcycle. Actually probably safer if you're not retarded about it. You can literally learn to fly one of these and buy it for under $10,000.

Attached: Sydney-Paragliding-Paramotors.jpg (1200x769, 71K)

Samsung is one of the biggest battery makers in the world

imagine how much money, effort and resources could have been saved if your parents just aborted you

holy fuck you are so retarded

>Buy 2mm thick phone
>Literally can't hold it without cutting your palm
>Battery lasts 2hrs because physics gets in the way of battery technology being even an order of magnitude better without resorting to fuel cells or nuclear energy in your fucking pocket.
>Put a case on it that makes it thick enough to hold
>Case has a battery but because phone manufacturers are retarded you have to plug the case into the phone on the only available port
>Case looks like a rubber brick because it basically is one, because if you don't have absurd shock protection the screen will crack when you drop it on your bedside table at the end of the day
vs.
>Just fucking make the phone with a decent battery, thicc glass, and a decent frame that can take a little abuse

Attached: 1530483273350.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Tablets are never going to be usable as long as it's on a toy platform like android. The pen is a powerful tool, more manufacturers need to recognize it. MS sort of recognized it with their surface pro but doesn't want to fully commit to a pen supporting software ecosystem, but maybe Apple can do it with iOS13 since they have so many in-house apps

Perhaps the only actual innovation we've seen in five years

Somebody explain the point of a foldable phone.
I've even seen a foldable fucking TV

why is this thread full of utter fucking retards who can't comprehend the basic practicality of a large screen fitting into a smaller volume

do you take every gimmick your own device doesn't have as some kind of personal attack that must be ignored/eradicated or something

Thank you for that great, objective and explicit explanation.
I totally want a foldable phone now

Smaller surface area. The volume stays the same.

You don't carry your TV around, you fucking idiot.

why do you think I give a shit about convincing you to buy consumer garbage
fuck you're right I was reading another post and that got stuck in my head

youtube.com/watch?v=KHSdObeUdxI
You don't?

People can recognize the convenience of being able to put items in their pockets. But I would understand if to a cave goblin like you that's an alien concept.

looks terrible desu
wake me up when chinks do it right

Still doesn't answer the question though.
What is the point exactly? Carrying in your pocket a phone sized like a tablet?

ermghl m-muh TESLA
h-how dare you speak ill of the greatest scienntits and engineer who ever lived
*breathes deeply and shakes*
m-muh edison stole teslas ideas because he was an evil white man and tesla was foreign
did you knowed tesla made research that almost destroyed cities????
the reason we don't have that research now is because edison destroyed it by eating it
tesla was an unsung hero of electrical engineering and physics, probably better than einstein
he jus a poor boy from a far eastern european shithole country and he come here and TRY
if edison didnt steal and eat his research we'd have flying cars and space and probably iphone 50 by now
*dry heaves*
what they did to him was literally worse than the crucifixtion of christ
T-TESLLAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1491433186843.jpg (960x778, 132K)

>Implying you've ever seen an electric car IRL before our Lord and Savior Musk created Tesla

Yes. Big screens are nice. The battery is bigger too.

>Musk created Tesla
I seriously hope you guys don't believe this

Foldable phones won't take off until Apple starts using them.

What's wrong with what the said? The laptop you posted is thin. XPS 13 or 15. It's a powerful laptop, but fragile and with poor heat dissipation. What about thinness is not an appeal to fashion? There's no reason anyone would "wish they had the money to buy it" besides it being fashionable.

But you can't drive it to work

>fragile
This. Why the fuck should expensive electronics be paper thin?

Maybe YOU can't

>But don't go and tell everyone else what they should do.
I don't have to, marketing departments already successfully do that.

Let's just sink the chips and battery into a notch

Attached: 2mm.jpg (2448x1836, 683K)

you have at least 4 machines in one, a phone a tablet a NDS and an agenda.

i dont see the big deal either though it looks more like a toy for lucky people that likes to burn their money and would look super retarded with those things, but to each its own.

Its not revolutionary, the japanese had come up with this concept roughly 5 or 10 years ago and you can only fold the phone in one spot. There's absolutely no value in it. It's just another gadget that's more like a proof of concept than anything useful for any industry or consumer usage. It has absolutely no purpose and is essentially a waste of engineering time and effort, as well as money. but there will always be a retard that's gullible enough to buy into that shit, pretty much 90% of Jow Forums

Foldable CRT monitors when? Would be great for LAN parties

>fragile
What the fuck? Unless you're some sort of ape that shouldn't even cross your mind. I've never damaged any of my laptops including ultrathin ultrabooks

>reeee why can poor people and unpopular people have fun things

It makes me happier since I can have more things open in vim simultaneously.

inventing them*

Phones do that already. Except its more like notch in the battery for the board.

It's a revolution!

If that bezel on the right is real I'm buying it

Can I put that in my body, in which case, my eyeball? No? Then it's not the future. NEXT...

>We've had them for a long time, problem is they aren't flying cars

Paraphrased your shit

>the amount of posters triggered by this simple and eloquent post
kek

>stuck in gridlock traffic out of charlotte on a friday afternoon
>everyone is pretty fed up
>flip a few switches
>car turns into a fucking helicopter
>lmao'ing at the people that can't afford to do this

Give me that juicy 90s handset vibe. God this is beautiful

Because of a useless, overpriced, prone to fail piece of tech that nobody ever asked for?

kek btfo

Attached: 1541635445147.jpg (416x297, 13K)

MORE LITHIUM FOR THE DORK GOD

Attached: techfet.png (500x438, 144K)

>Waaahhhh it doesn't look like it does in the hollyshit movie
The "flying car" designs which occupy your brain are really fucking dumb. The personal flying machine problem has been solved for a long time, and it turns out the solution is ultralight aircraft, not strapping a turbine to a passenger car. You don't like it? Have fun not flying.

Too loud

Is the bottom of the monitor meant to prop the bottom half off the surface to allow for better cooling?

That would be great if helis weren't known to be such fucking death traps. Especially something with as many points of failure as foldable rotors.

>he thinks something like that would ever be legal to fly about from the streets to the air

too many wires and buildings, since i can tell youre dumb

>Earns a shitload of money through the right place right time creation of PayPal
>Invest that money into a proof of concept electric car startup based on the platform of the Lotus Elise
>Gain a decent financial backing and meme out the model s

>Musk did not do this?

man stfu where's the immortality is the real question

Edison - business man who almost went blind because used x Ray on his eyes
Tesla - virgin scientist who dreamed about pidgins shooting lasers out of their eyes

Attached: you_0.jpg (570x572, 22K)

Honestly I really like.
Maybe I'm just tired of barphones and will get it just for the hell of it.