Hey boys

Hey boys

set up IP cameras, I can ping the DVR but I need to get an RTSP link to each camera.

When I put in the cameras IP and Port I get nothing in the browser (they work in the DVR web client however?)

Do I need to port forward port 9000 on the router for each cam?

Thanks

Attached: Reolink_HD_IP_3.jpg (1000x700, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007010473-Live-View-Reolink-camera-via-VLC-Media-Player
support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003452893-Local-access-by-web-browser
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am trying to do exactly this.

support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007010473-Live-View-Reolink-camera-via-VLC-Media-Player

I don't think that normal browsers support rtsp. Why do you even want to view the stream in a browser?
Just use vlc like in the article you posted.

that

reddit

spacing

tho

Im not using RTSP, im using a normal ip with port 80 in the browser. I don't get a response when I ping the cameras.

I do want to use RTSP as the end goal here.

SUCK MY ANUS

also, I can ping the DVR that shows everything, but I cant ping each individual camera. Meaning something IS OFFFFFFFF

Easy, take a break and come back to it later, you will be able to think much more clearly afterwards. Try to debbug the problem as you would a program, find whats not working and move from that. Everythkng will be okay user.

Ok. I also have a reolink DVR. Unfortunately the DVR has creates a subnet for the cameras. As far as I know there is no way to directly access the cameras when they are connected to the DVR.

ok, do you know how to get them to work in RTSP on VLC?

thanks - from what Ive read you can use port 80 to view them in the browser.

support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003452893-Local-access-by-web-browser

Yea, but you need to connect the cameras directly to the network using a PoE switch. Than you can access each camera. If the cameras are plugged into the DVR this is not possible.

and what about this method? none of these state anything about PoE. Why can I connect to the DVR but not each camera?

I explained it here
If you want to view all camera streams in your browser, just log into your DVR.

Why do I need a POE Switch? Reolink has RTSP ports available in their WebClient and the guide says nothing about needing 3 party hardware.

Just curious for clarification before I end up buying a PoE Switch.

the "developer tools" in your web browser exist for a reason
just navigate to the page where it lets you watch the live feed from the cameras and then check what requests is your browser making and there you will have your url

Attached: image1.jpg (3230x2793, 1.38M)

i am navigating them now, but the webclient must be used through IE and its a bit of a headache.

Thanks for the idea

Again:
If the cameras are plugged into the DVR, they are in another network, thus you will not find the IPs of the cameras in your LAN.
But you can access all camera streams in your DVR. Just connect to the IP of your DVR. You should be able to see all camera streams there.

that is what you see at the bottom of this photo,

connected to the DVR.

but I need to view the cameras via RTSP in VLC.

like, if I go and get a POE switch, how am I getting the RTSP url from that switch if there is no dvr?

Am I using the username/password for the SWITCH then?

formated like this,
rtsp://admin:password@ip_address:554//

or would I simply just use rtsp://ipaddress

Yes, I understand what you're trying to do but it won't work and I explained you why twice.
I will try to explain it again.
In your image the DVR has the IP 192.168.1.12 right? If you look at the IPs of the cameras, they have IPs in a 172.16.25.0 network.
This means the cameras are in another network than your LAN and are not accessible from your network.

right! I got that, but if I put them into a PoE Switch they will all have the same ip/s and be accessible via rtsp://ipaddress?

They will be recognized as their own network device and have unique IP addresses if DHCP is enabled.

If you plug the cameras into a switch each camera should have their own IP.
For example 192.168.28.
Therefore you can access each camera directly. And also rtsp should be working.