/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 493563 bra headphones megane pantsu panty_pull pantyhose shinjou_akane ssss.gridman tagme.j (1736x2456, 799K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/gryfjs3i30c7r5h/Beyerdynamic DT990 (new earpads).pdf?dl=0
github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser HD 600
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-chord-mojo-dac-and-amp.5120/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>his headphone's driver isn't made of wood
One hell of an OP image, strong 10/10. That exposed hip holy shit. I'm compelled to say more but don't want to go too far here.

Attached: wooddriver.jpg (1016x1500, 178K)

>Budget
Around $150
>Location
Aus
>Source
Computer, guitar amp
>Type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
high comfort for all day use

i did it and it just sound really muffled

Attached: 1541481905810.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

How do i know which version of the HD 600 i get? Current is best?

post ur oldest headphone

Attached: IMG_0591.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

Hi guys, I'm getting rid of some old stuff. This is all on ebay (just search them up). If you're interested in any of it, let me know you're from /hpg/ by messaging me something sexy and I can give you a really good deal (and maybe include an extra gift if it fits in the box).

Attached: selling.png (640x995, 208K)

these bad boys
need to open them again some time because the right ear is quieter than the left

Attached: 13612345.jpg (620x414, 50K)

is she wearing an oversized purple condom for pants

She's a big girl

Attached: Untitled.jpg (748x1052, 132K)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1535883773889.jpg (1920x1200, 1.34M)

waiting for those cans to arrive

>tw1
My nugga

Which eq did you use?
Input these settings dropbox.com/s/gryfjs3i30c7r5h/Beyerdynamic DT990 (new earpads).pdf?dl=0
makes dt990 > stock hd660s

Which cans, user?

Attached: 1517665406706.png (320x400, 71K)

cans in your tw1 screencap, friend
tw1 best witcher btw

Finished it, and I'm a bit tired of the swamps. I'm hoping tw2 is swamp-free.
>hd600
Great, user! Don't forget to come back with impressions. We could use more HD600 sh^Wowners around here.

Attached: 1541456831958.jpg (915x1200, 118K)

how do i get these for cheap user

maybe it just takes some listening to get used to, i reduced the gains a bit and it sounds daijoubu

Attached: 817c3ad8df53615d13814976f446b87b.png (714x1000, 685K)

Well I mean MAYBE. It is subjective right but apparently the majority of both trained and untrained listeners prefer the FR you just EQ'd them too.
It's also possible, even likely, that I over reacted because I'm so used to hating my 990.
Doing it on the HD660S is insane. I have no idea how they are able to handle such a big change in the bass with no audible distortion or anything. Really impressed by their low end with that guy's EQ.

all are the same more or less, rumor has it newer ones have better lows, but no measure on that
if you got silvery material in cups - its the new ones

I heard the 'veil' in the highs is removed with the newer versions, but despite all this. Take a look at this picture regarding sound difference in hd600's.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-09-15-56-10.png (1080x1920, 208K)

Are the anker soundbuds slim+ good? How about the one plus bullets?

Attached: e44899ecc2dbe9b84b0acadd4541e4767c9642d5_1_690x460.jpg (690x460, 225K)

Which one?

Attached: comparison-1.jpg (1024x600, 37K)

neither, pick zsn

HD598 closed maybe

I SEE

So anyone know of any earbuds that fit these requirements?

LDAC codec
Earpod style, NO IEMs.
No neck plastic shit, a string is fine though.
Wireless

>Earbuds
Going to sound like shit

Why and is the price difference worth it?
I'm a poorfag student so would rather buy cheaper over minimal improvement.

HD 6xx vs HD 600?

just buy apple earbuds

600 is generally considered better by many who have tried both, but neither are bad

Why do people think mudhump = good bass?

I tried the Harman EQ for HD600 and it doesn't really sound good. There is a constant hissing that's not there without EQ. What gives? Is the Harman standard a meme?

You can't improve perfection.

Harman standard is not a meme. You're probably getting a lot of distortion from the bass boost

>constant hissing that's not there without EQ
There shouldn't be any noise. What are you doing with your EQ?

I want to buy new headphones on either blackfriday or cybermonday.
Which one should I do and what site/store

I have a pixel 2, i refuse.

Also, they dont have LDAC.

I dont care, the classic earpods are good enough for me sound quality wise, i do not want IEMs as all of them are 100% ear rape shit fests.

Then why do you care about ldac?

600 is more neutral, 650 is a "warm" sound signature with recessed treble. I'm not a fan of warm sound signatures.

I used the EqualizerAPO settings from
github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser HD 600
Turns out the hissing comes from the boost in 4.5kHz so maybe I'm sensitive to that frequency range or something.

>all of them are 100% ear rape shit fests.
...what?

latency.

looking to upgrade my sph9500 to something with better bass. what can I get around $160?

they are only 16$ at 11,11 and 18$ otherwise, cmon you're not THAT poor

shut up, meg.

Headphones can't hiss, they're passive devices. Active devices such as DACs and amps can hiss.
If you've got hiss w/ EQ it's because the EQ is highlighting your subpar DAC and/or amp.

ATE is 8$ during 11.11.
Are the ZSN really worth double the price?

if you can’t afford to spend $8 on audio equipment then just use apple earbuds.

Save up and get x2's.
Or Monolith 16050, but build quality is not the best from what people say.

yes. build quality of the actual iem and of the cables alone. more mature sound signature i.e. not boomy bass shit even if still v shaped. they are double the price but still fucking 16$ user

It's just connected to the motherboard so that could also be it.

Look man, not all of us live rent free and enjoy the luxury of careless shopping while secure in knowing there's a safety net for when you need 8 dollars and have ziltch in your pocket.

>providing reason
Based.
Alright, sounds like they're worth it. Don't like my bass too muddy. Grassyass.

thanks

6xx is similar to 650?

thats true user, but if 8$ can make a difference you probably should not searching for audio gear i guess? idk, dont want to sound indelicate, but i know people that skip lunches but have an iphone in the pocket and i find that really dumb, so i hope you're not one of those.

literally the same headphone.

6xx is sennheiser selling a 15 year old headphone for much less than retail

Are the 6XX worth for being your first audiophile headphones?

6xx/650 or 600 with a good otl tube amp are some people's endgame. yes they are very good, but it depends on what signature you like people are different.

Unless you really like sub bass, yeah they're great.

I listen to a bunch of drum and bass so they're not for me.

What about for idol trash? Which is more ideal?

best active noise cancelling headphones under 400$?

noise cancelling is a meme and make you gay

I'd personally try for an HD600, even if used. If it's your first "audiophile headphone" as you put it, you should probably get something neutral that can serve as a reference if you ever try anything else.

ANC is a meme but bose and sony do it best

What's the 58x then? Some people say 660s but there are a ton of people saying it isn't anywhere near it.

They use a similar driver technology. I haven't heard the 660 but 58X is definitely competitive with more expensive headphones.

BTFO Mojo an Schiit: audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-chord-mojo-dac-and-amp.5120/

Topping master race.

Do you think the HD 600 is the best out of all three?

Out of 58X/6XX/600? Yes I prefer HD600.

My phone is four years old with a cracked display. Only upgraded yesterday for a Redmi Note 5 which was on sale, so wouldn't say I classify as ghetto-rich.
I'm not trying to fish for pity, I'm satisfied living within my means. Thanks for being a reasonable user.

lmao

Attached: vq534b7mq7x11[1].jpg (640x853, 187K)

the comments are great
>My dads pair did the exact same thing

grados confirmed boomercans

Definitely. Reviews also do seem to be pretty consistent on this.

The only cans in the family that compares to the HD600 is the much more expensive HD660S, and a non-negligible number of reviews even put the HD600 above those.

And a good otl tube amp is?

If I save OPs images from these threads will I end up in trouble?

Darkvoice makes some solid ones, but they're expensive and come with all the drawbacks of tubes. They do saturate the sound with warm distortion, which some folks like.

I wouldn't recommend a tube amp unless you know how they sound.

darkvoice 336se if you want the cheapest and easy solution, bottlehead crack is only a bit more expensive, similar design, better components, look and feel, some say a little different sound but is a kit you need to put some work in it. do your own research on these user

Is warm comfy and not overly bass based? Or what's the pro of going more neutral?

Pretty much all sennheisers have a warm-neutral sound. The difference between HD600 and 650/6XX is subtle. They don't have very strong sub bass, but a strong mid bass.

Do I seriously have to pay $300+ for these pair of cans? how do i get these at a more affordable price?

the 650 is 199$ in his 6xx form on massdrop, you can find the 600 used but the 660s is meme priced and you cant do nothing i think.

Like serously guys?

Attached: ChT99JD.png (1440x2560, 1.11M)

Depends on the headphone, people use the term pretty loosely, but from what I hear 650 definitely is the comfy side. Neutral is just very clean and all aspects intended the be present are present.
I saw HD600's for 260 USD on amazon.ca once last year, but I didn't pull the trigger. You could get some monitoring extension like camel3 for sales on amazon, but idk how often they sale. They price up those bitches because they can, not because it's recouping some manufacturing cost. The profit margin on them must be nutty

You can find HD600 used for less. I paid 200 bucks for some that were only a few months old

tsk the only one I see on ebay is $200 used. But I sorta wanna replace the pads since I'm a clean freak. Or one for $150 but the cable is bent.

Have any of you guys tried the amazon " Speak with an Amazon Harmony associate to learn more and for discount codes on most brands excluding Bose" method and know how much you get discounted on?

the one with bad cables look like a deal, stock 600 cables are shit anyways and you can get cheap ones for 20$

no, but I suppose it's worth a shot

Attached: staxkids.png (360x594, 241K)

If you're in the US you can try look at the ad's at usaudiomart.com, or AVexchange subreddit

>tfw can't decide between HD600 or HD6XX
>don't want to buy two expensive headphones when they're just the slightest bit different yet sounds like it makes all the difference
And still, either of the two would be better than my current set up.

you weren't kidding about the 660s holy shit, everything sounds so natural and the bass is great

Bump

Both very safe headphones anyways. They aren't like Beyer's where its treble emphasis may be a no-go.

It´s an almost impossible decision. hd600's are classics. I'm glad i own them. hd6xx on the other hand is cheaper and seen as 650's. Makes it hard i know.