I'm gonna buy a flip phone due to personal reasons (Not one in the pic). I mainly want it for calls and texting...

I'm gonna buy a flip phone due to personal reasons (Not one in the pic). I mainly want it for calls and texting, but I was wondering, are there any things I can do on it besides that I should know of? Like, would I be able to connect to the internet and browse Jow Forums using it?

Attached: 41OFa8ShtDL.jpg (500x500, 31K)

>all flip phones are the same
flip yourself to death

But user, if I did that, I'd never be able to finish my shows

Is your family tree a circle?

No, it's a triangle.

Anyone who buys a phone is scum. You are supporting the corrupt regimes that use child soldiers and child slaves. You're increasing the civil tensions that force a country with exceptionally fertile soils to suffer from severe famine. Etc. etc.

Rethink your priorities.

But user, the world is becoming over populated. Isn't what they're doing a good thing?

Do i actually abuse children and create chaos with every purchase of a celluar device?
Fucking sweet! Why are no companies pushing this as a feature?

Try to follow your own logic from start to finish. Do it in a comment so we can all laugh at how utterly stupid you are.

Yes, every phone you purchase shovels money into the hands of the corrupt warlords of the DRC. Women and children work the mines for coltan and become sick as a result. The civil wars fought over mining rights employ child soldiers and no morals. This is what you are funding. It isn't funny, don't joke about it.

You're right, user! The children are our future! We should replace them with old people instead! Good thinking!

No, stay on Twitter

Hurr reddit :^)))))

But user, Twitter is for fags like you!

Underage

Nah, I'm 18 mate.

I kinda wanted to open a thread like this, I really need a digital detox... at least for mobile. I'm an addict, I'm constantly on Jow Forums or playing retarded fucking games for half the day. I need whatsapp and/or telegram tho... what would you guys recommend?

No, user, no. No one should be working the mines in such terrible conditions and for such little pay. No one should be fighting wars over who gets to use their slaves to make our phones.

No one needs a new phone every few months. Most people don't need a phone at all. They run non-free software anyway. And they're used to track us.

well user you are in luck there are some phones out there that actually can connect to the internet and load websites and they don’t even have that inconvenient “flipping” mechanism

Salvage an old android phone and install Gentoo and use it with telegram.

But user, this is about what is happening, not what should! If we don't have anyone to fight for us, then who will? We need our army of old men whether you like it or not!

So i know a little african child has been abused for the making of this phone? That's arousing user. I'm not sure if i can handle an errection every single time i use my phone desu.

I'm sorry user, but I don't follow. What army are you talking about? Surely not an army whose goal is to simply divert the stream of money from the pre-existing status quo into it's leader's hands?

This isn't funny. It's not just the children that are suffering, but the whole nation.

Did you know that the DRC has the fertility to feed over half of Africa with its produce? You are supporting the continued colonial rape of Africa by buying a phone and greatly reducing the cultural diversity and creativity of Humanity as a whole. This is serious.

But user, those leaders are building our army of old men that protects us! They surely deserve a reward!

What are you talking about? Who is "us"? These warlords are not here to protect anyone. Their armies are brutes whose only ambition is to snatch at the shards of a nation crumbling under the force of its continued rape by the western world.

But user! Old peoples dicks don't work silly! How could they possibly rape someone?

How can you joke about this? This is an issue of undeniable magnitude and yet society, blinded by its greed and its privilege, continues about its existence as if this specter was a story made up.

What are you talking about user? I'm being serious!

Just shut the fuck up libtard. At least they're not under Belgium's rule? Right? The country has a really valuable resource others don't and it happened to be an african shithole. Nothing more you could do about it. I haven't bought a new phone in like 4 years and my i7 3790k is from a company that fights for this shit. War is bad, but there's nothing you can realistically do about it.

>sure, it's bad, but it could be worse
This isn't a logical way of addressing the issue. Either you decode to support the people committing these horrific acts or you don't
>but I only support them a bit!
This isn't logical. Supporting these horrendous acts at all is terrible.
>there's nothing you can realistically do about supporting these horrible acts!
You could simply stop supporting them. It's not complicated.

Are you attempting to imply that the western world is the old man? The western world is incredibly strong. You are a part of it if you purchase cell phones. You are using your immense capital to rape the DRC out of its rightful place as a leading nation of Africa and hence the world.

But user! I need a phone! And what would happen if I, one person, decided to not get one anyways?

No user, I was referring to this!

>But user! I need a phone! And what would happen if I, one person, decided to not get one anyways?
There are more phones in your country than there are people. You certainly don't need a brand-new phone. Don't get a phone that is popular either, else you are simply partaking in the market and thereby supporting the rape of the DRC. Buy an old phone from a garage sale for $5 or something like that. It isn't difficult at all to find old phones.
>No user, I was referring to this!
That doesn't make any sense, user.

Yeah, i will contribute to the issue by practically doing nothing. Normies get a new phone each year, so why are you scolding me? I have done absolutely nothing for it. Cobalt is going to cause conflict regardless of me or anyone, consumer or not. It is a very valuable resource and it's not surprising to have a war for it, especially in a region like Congo. If there is one thing that will sort this out that'd be time, not me.

Lol user, don't worry! I'm buying it used because it's cheaper!

Also, below the referral was my comment about old men!

To make myself abundantly clear, you shall not purchase a phone new at the expense of Africa; the DRC, and its people, lest you be cast through the fiery gates of Hell itself to burn for all eternity.

But user, does it matter why I'm buying it used, as long as it's used? I don't see the difference!

You need to buy one that has voice over LTE.

The 2 an 3G signals for voice are being shut down within the next year or two in the USA

You can't just buy used. If you buy a four-year-old Samsung or something like that you are still just as bad as the person who buys brand-new. You have to get a phone that is wholly removed from the market else you are partaking in the unforgivable rape of the DRC.

Sure, i'd just buy a Tesla and drive over the children so they won't be raped!

Thanks user!

But I don't see how I'm funding these "warlords" you speak of if I buy it from a regular person though!

Please don't buy a car unless you have to user. And certainly not a Tesla. And please don't even think of killing someone. Two wrongs can never make a right, no matter what the context.

user! Children are our future! You can't do that!

But user! There won't be abused and raped children and the warlords won't make profit off of anyone! Isn't this what you want as well?

Let's assume that you absolutely have to have a phone, because in no other circumstance should you purchase one.

If you purchase a 5 year old Nokia:
a) what do you think the seller is going to spend your money on? (He will spend it on a new phone.)
b) your purchase of the cell phone means that the person who would have bought it if you didn't now can't, and therefore might purchase a phone brand-new
c) your support of the telecom companies that is implicit in your purchase of such a device is supporting the very infrastructure of the modern cell phone
etc. etc.

What I want is for people to not take actions that are undeniably horrible. Your absurd idea of murdering Congolese children with a motor is in no way supporting those children's future. I'm having a very difficult time believing that you are serious in these strange propositions.

But user! I plan on hiking often, and if I get lost or harmed in the woods, I need a phone with service!

You need to remember several simple facts.
You do not need to own a phone in order to have it on your person. You may borrow a phone from a friend in instances where you feel you absolutely must have one
I've been on many hikes around many countries and I have never had a cell phone on me. Please talk to local people about the conditions and educate yourself on sensible hiking practices, and then you may decide that a phone is not essential after all.

There are also, if I am not mistaken, more ethically sourced satellite devices that can be taken into the land.

So these kids have future? Damn, niggas be upgrading from cobalt to the diamond mines.

Please don't be absurd.

Since when is being realistic the definition of absurdity?

How is killing the children going to grant them a future? The proposition is absurd and entirely unrealistic.

But user! Not only will I use it when I'm hiking, I can use it to call someone if my car ever breaks down or when something happens to me like getting robbed or injured! And I won't always be able to borrow a phone wherever I go!

But can you tell me of the satellite devices you speak of user?

I have a friend who used to use the device, I'll have to ask him about it but will be asleep now.

You do not need a phone when hiking or when your car breaks down or when you get robbed. Do not confuse your paranoia with some sort of rational reason to support the horrific unforgivable things being carried out in the DRC.

But user! I can tell you right now I need a phone for when I get robbed! It already happened once! I didn't have a phone and had no way to call the police, and since I had to wait until the morning to call the police, they didn't take me seriously!

So? You lost some things. It was likely largely avoidable and not the most horrible of accidents. Don't get me wrong, I'm truly sorry you had to go through that. But two wrongs never make a right, no matter the context.

Uncertainty is a much better future than certain suffering!

But user! If I had a phone that night, they most likely would have gotten him! And to make it worse, he had a gun! He could have hurt others that night because I was unable to call the police!

It is not your place to say this.
Please remember that these people have joy in their lives. They have families. That have lovers. They have children. They have hope. To take that away from them is a mortal sin.

Do not oppress the DRC. And Do not murder their children. I declare it!

Shut up, dork

Attached: dork.jpg (512x384, 107K)

I don't get it. If you were in an area with buildings then either you or your neighbors would have wired home phones and you could call the police. You are trolling me and I am staying up to so far in the morning for this??

Better a dork that someone who funds the use of child soldiers and slaves and the robbing of the future of what would be a truly great nation.

I understand why yoy'd think that way user, but war will happen until the country is drained from it's valuable resources. It was like that with Belgium, now it's the same with Cobalt. Even if i don't buy a phone, even if nobody buys phones and the phone market crashes, cobalt will remain as one of the most valuable resources on this planet and nobody can change that.

>Congo
>a potentially great nation
Choose one

No user! I live a good three hour walk form other houses, and my room mate was using the car since they work at night!

PS: Me and my room mate live in a not so populated part of where we live!

>a nation a niggers
>truly great
Here's your (you)

Fuck off to Jow Forums

Still a dork, dweeb. Let the people buy their phones. Also we're not the world police.

>it's all right to give my money to warlords and support child slavery and soldiers because bad things will happen anyway!
No. Literally billions of people are supporting these horrible things. If they stopped the warlords would have hundreds of thousands of dollars to slave with instead of hundreds of millions. You can see how their power is less, yes?

The DRC is perhaps the second richest land in all of Africa. They have many things other than their mines. Their soil is of such a quality and quantity that they could feed half of Africa.

I want to know something. Instead of just giving resources to countries/people, why not also give them training so that they can provide for themselves as well? Certainly this has been tried, what happened?

Your story makes no sense. And even if it did it wouldn't justify the purchase of a phone.

That is very difficult to do after colonialists have already wreaked havoc, but it has been done. Just look at Ghana.

My "story" doesn't make since because I'm not willing to dive any further user! This is Jow Forums! People here can find you just by looking at the sky, and I'm not willing to give out details that can identify me!

It's irrelevant. It is clear that you lead a troubled life, I hope if you get a cell-phone it gives you peace of mind.

buying a crate load of pic related to resell in my 3rd world shithole, fuck you Abbo, don't be a fucking pussy and defend your 5th world shithole, we all have problems to worry about you nigger

also, install Lineage

Attached: k20.jpg (660x643, 95K)

Africans are a great peoples. Take your racisms far away from this place, it breaks the rules of this site.

I hope I have made you all think twice about supporting the horrible occurrences in the DRC.

Good night.

I just hope you're not doing it for security reasons, because dumphones suck at that. Vendors see them as a one-time affair and bugs are usually fixed in the "never" timeframe. Cell chips, which are notoriously complex, are prime targets.
Ironically, Apple is really good at this because they have a long support cycle, followed by select Android phones which are intended for business and carry similar guarantee.

Security is not the reason.

Never said the people are bad, just that the nation is fucked. It is a shithole of a kind.

you know that no matter what you do, It wont stop. You can't just tell the normies "hey stop buying phones", or tell the corporations exploiting Africa "hey, stop, you is bad", grow a spine and embrace the chaos

Attached: niggerianprince.jpg (640x853, 88K)