Just get an SSD for the OS and HDD for storage

>Just get an SSD for the OS and HDD for storage
>Just get an OLED TV for Netflix and LED for everything else

Attached: npclet.png (644x500, 63K)

>complains about having an objectively superior form of storage because he'll have to have 2 drives
Enjoy being poor faggot

>Netflix

Attached: 1540455322253.png (745x726, 441K)

>LED
Let me interject for a moment. A LED-backlit LCD is a flat panel display which uses LED backlighting instead of the cold cathode fluorescent (CCFL) backlighting.[1] LED-backlit displays use the same TFT LCD (thin-film-transistor liquid-crystal display) technologies as CCFL-backlit displays.

I keep my OS on an external drive to use across my devices. Then internal HDD of my laptop just stores all of my programming/school projects and my desktop's SSD stores all of my games.

What’s wrong with this line of thinking? I don’t want to stress my SSD by torrenting anime and other media on it as it wouldn’t even be of any difference when placed in a NAS.

>using two storage technologies in a way that allows you to enjoy the strengths of both while avoiding the weaknesses
HAHAHAHA WHAT A BRAINLET LOL xDDD

Attached: 1506660457946.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

>Netflix

Kys media corporation slave

1tb SSD are like $120 just get a few. How how poor can you be.

yeah and I can get an 8 tb hdd for 160 bucks
and keep my tons and tons of stored data on there, it's more a matter of the physical limits of the number of sata connections I've only got six sata connections and two m.2 connections so I throw in two 2 tb SSDs on the m.2's in raid and load up the rest with 8tb hdds

this of course taking into account the failure rate of an SSD is uncomfortably high, relatively unlikely but with the constant read-writes I do it is inevitable

>>Just get an SSD for the OS and HDD for storage
Oh it's this retard again

>>Just get an SSD for the OS and HDD for storage
this is objectively the best choice unless you have a lot of money to burn on high-capacity SSDs

>>Just get an OLED TV for Netflix and LED for everything else
>using netflix
>calling LED-backlit LCD panels just LED
>not using OLED displays for everything
kys

>not using SSD + RAID6 NAS
LMAO

Attached: 1540235324688-g.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

>Just get an SSD for the OS and HDD for storage
Objectively better, there is literally no disadvantage.

>Just get an OLED TV for Netflix and LED for everything else
Said nobody ever.

Attached: 1460638419849.jpg (698x724, 242K)

OLED has a worse burn-in than SSDs.

30 yesr ols boomer here. We had netflix in highschool. Its not new

I run everything on my ssd, but my nas is all hdds

>watching your ssds

Attached: 1539749978785.png (512x512, 192K)

>complains about having an objectively superior form of storage because he'll have to have 2 drives
Who the fuck uses only one drive anyway?

>netflix
normie cuck
i have only 1 in my netbook. if i had a desktop i'd have multiple hdds and ssds, though.

>using NAS instead of SAN
Lmao at you

Attached: 557444.jpg (720x720, 48K)

Kek

Based sb69 poster

>Having Netflix

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

>netflix

t. poorfags

>[1]

>plagiarizing Wikipedia content

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (600x800, 61K)

enjoy ur drm cuck

I've got more content I want to watch on my home server than Netflix does, I know it's never just going to spontaneously be removed because some contract ended, and I can watch it without Internet

Based but only redpilled if you have backups on optical media

t. poorfag

No backups at the moment, I'm going to start out with a RAID6 array over four 8TB drives since it's just media then get an LTO7 drive for my server. That'll free up a lot of space for more content on my HDDs, much of my current used space is from source files like DVD ISOs and Blu-ray m2ts directories

Can't get burn-in if you don't have a screen, that's a good point

Attached: download (1).jpg (244x207, 10K)

Huh, I remember the thread this is from

i just picked up that $180 10TB external best buy has goin right now. not sure if i want to shuck or not but god damn 10TB in one drive for that price is insane

But Netflix quality is shit compared to mux's and disc images.

Torrenting only writes each block of a file once. It may read it repeatedly but reads don't cause wear on an SSD.

Delete this.
You don't want to upset NPC who pay a """4K""" Netflix subscription

Haha that's literally how I get my customers to buy morn expensive shit.

CD-R has worse burn-in than either, yet plenty of people used them.