Type-C

Is it a meme?

Attached: cavo-hispeed-usb2.0-c-maschio-_-c-maschio-1m-nero_manhattan_icoc-musb20-cmcm10_distributore-per-rive (630x630, 34K)

it's good but mechanically shit

it has no give/hold in it, slides out too easily

i can hold a usb cable connected to something and let it dangle while walking without fear it will slip out but usb c is too slippery

I don't like it. Normies are hyping it too much. MicroUSB felt sturdier.

That's what she said

>Micro USB
flimsiest shit ever

Would you prefer a hook like on the Displayport?

It is okay. Not a must-have though.

The predecessor is actually quite fine. Normies just use too many crappy cables IMO that they also bought for $5+ rather than $0.7 or so.

In terms of charging stuff Lightning is GOAT. Shame it’s proprietary.

Works fine for me. Have a few portable HDDs since like 2010 and a Nexus 4, all working perfectly.

its for normies who make shitty jokes on how they can never properly connect a USB cable.
Yes

>MicroUSB felt sturdier.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See . Buy decent enough cables. Can be /csg/ shit like Orico for $1, it'll still work for years.

Eh, lightning has nothing really over either the rather widespread usb proprietary charging techs like QC 3 and very little over the more standard usb pd.

yeah. yeah every new thing that your dumb ass isn't used to is a meme. SICK of threads like this, man . . . i suppose i can filter "meme" & be done with it.

Don't be angry at the memes
Be angry with your self, user.

Your anal cavity is a meme, OP.

>MicroUSB felt sturdier.
i cant tell if this is b8 or legit mental retardati....
>namefag
or its just mental retardation, carry on, but take your pills first

How can a micro weld be shit?

Im at the point where I won't buy something if it has microUSB instead of type C

Its good faggot

you deserve rape

I can appreciate it for what it does, but there don't seem to be any standards yet. Not enough devices that use it actually clarify whether the port is for video/audio or just charging, and I don't want to risk frying a port just to find out. Once it's properly standardized, it will be perfect.

Compared to micro-usb it's a godsend despite less holding strength (do you use your phone as a mace?). It's connector tip is more rugged and less prone to bending like micro-usb. Assuming good cable brand it should last longer than micro-usb cables during normal use.

Attached: 20171010_USB-C_Thunderbolt_3_ProStorage_USB_connectors.jpg (1200x250, 38K)

Is it just me or does dust/lint fuck up usb-c more than the others?

Yes. The standard is a clusterfuck of optional features that look good on paper, but in reality there's no way to be sure if your device and cables support them aside from physically testing it.

Disagree entirely, lightning looks cool but if you so much as look at it weird it will fall right out

No :(

When it comes to rape, no isn't really an option user

>universal serial bus
>6 models
Not so universal, is it?

Most USB power standards specify that unless some kind of handshake signal between both devices are established, it doesn't go full retard and just deliver higher power modes regardless of whether the device can handle it or not. E.g., there's no harm in plugging in any old 5 volt USB powered device to a Qualcomm USB quick charger (up to 20 volts compared to 5 volts of a standard USB port) and worry that you're frying it with the full 20 volts.

This is already a thing with older standard USB 2.0 ports - the technical specs say by default they only do 500mA and that's why some people complain that charging takes a long time when plugged into certain ports or devices. Sometimes a fast charging option for 1000mA to 2000mA needs to be enabled somewhere or maybe even using a different cable, which makes it kind of a shitshow in regards to how you can tell if you can get USB fast charging working or not, but at least it doesn't just blow out whatever the fuck you're plugging in unless it was faulty or shitty to begin with.

if you buy a shit or dumb power supply that just supplies higher power without the right signalling, that's your fault for using weird non-compliant shit.

the openings are a bit bigger than microUSB so sorta yeah, but it also means you can use a toothpick or something else to clean out the crud that accumulates in there fairly easily

just don't use retard strength or a paperclip or have the hands of a drug addict and you won't need to worry about damaging anything

yes, a full circle like Jak ports shall be the next replacement, smart connectors with internal micro switches that adapter them self to all fucking situations ALLL

they should have made the usb C magneticly hold or at the very least add those micro usb hooks for fucks sake.

Honestly I'm going to give meme a filter for a week and see if my browsing experience has improved.
Inb4 ass blasted kids try to make it sound like we're the bad guys for filtering shit threads like this

>cylindrical connector
>plug it in
>all pins are now shifted

Imagine being this retarded.

it's the hero we need but don't deserve

No Fun Allowed, huh?

It's pretty hard to differentiate normal people and genuine retards on current Jow Forums, user.

blocks your path

Attached: USB-C-USB-3-1-Type-C-Locking-Connector-to-Standard-USB3-0-Data-Cable-with.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 28K)

ok, this is epic

What's the max rated voltage for USB-C? Was disappointed that my RPi can't power all the usb accessories without a USB hub, and that has a USB micro power port.

Up to 100w in 20v mode

no

older usb standards didn't require in line resistors like c does, there's still tons of shitty c cables out there without resistors or with insufficient resistors because chinks don't care, so the handshake happens and your shit fries, along with makes it a complete mess of a "standard"

USB Mini> USB C> USB Micro

You're the meme

> not following the standard makes the standard shit
Right....

There should be one connector for everything and things like voltage handled on software level. Fuck using this garbage ass USB, sata connectors are similar size and are much better, more sturdy and they actually lock in place.

Doesn't sata only send data, and not instructions though?

upgrade to thunderbolt 3. its exactly the same form factor but much better.

A reversible connector is nice, but the way it's used seems to be a clusterfuck.
>same port for host and device, no clear distinction what is or isn't a host, or which device will act as the host when connecting them (what's supposed to happen if I connect a USB C phone to a USB C tablet?)
>throw in OTG for extra batshit insanity
>some ports are actually Thunderbolt and use the same connector
>some can apparently carry a display signal too, no idea which, this clearly isn't an universal standard
>some are USB 2.0, some are various versions of USB 3.0 in terms of protocol supported, no distinction
>there's also that VirtuaLink VR USB C connector on graphics cards, which is apparently extra-special
>some can provide 100W to power things, some cannot

It's great, the only issue right now is the cables not supporting everything and manufacturers not being clear with what the port supports. The cable thing will be fixed when USB4 rolls around and mandates it. The manufacturer problem will take some time though since decent support(and hence wanting to advertise it) only comes when the device is built around it instead of slapping a single port on and calling it a day.

t. have a laptop with only 2 USBC ports and don't have an issue with it.

Oh jesus fucking christ, its like the old days again.

I've literally never had this problem with either my iphone or ipad

Apple should have just open-sourced lightning, it's objectively the best connector out right now

Attached: 1535624428714.jpg (918x597, 216K)

T. Soi cuck

Ok are you just flat out retarded? Lightning has been trash since it came out. It's a bigger joke than JS in that only trendy hipster douchebags use it.

Ok noob here so how do I know if a cable will drop 2A on my phone for fast charge or not?

fucking next gen vr headsets will use it on video cards.. ugh

how does this event work? is it like a DSUB/DVI cable and require a threaded hole on the side of the receptacle or is there some other method at work?

Probably, though that pin could also possibly be magnetic.

Mini usb is shit

My mobo got that port, I'm glad it's only one port here. USB-A is far more better than that loosely shit.
Well, might better for mobile device though.

I haven't found any cables that are limited to 1.2A. the relevant part for me is the adapter. Adapters will be usually marked or be sold with manual/description for their amperage rating.

We 70's again now? Why don't they just put a goddamn magnet on it?

It is because the power chip limiting it, not the USB

achksually the spec does include optional locking screws, both one on top and two on the sides.

Because electromagnetic interference.

The term "serial bus" determines the protocol language, not the connector standard. Therefore, all of these devices are fully backward compatible with an appropriat, cheap, chipless, unpowered adapters, because at their core they all do the same thing.

It was a revolutionary concept that shattered the tech industry's expectations at the time, and paved the way for a myriad of inexpensive electronics that all use the same basic protocol.

USB is awesome.

negligible in most settings, moving your phone near a computer causes more EM interference than a magnetic connector ever could, which is why you see magnetic adapters everywhere.

Strong magnets are a pain to work with, and therefore their uses need to be specific and the manufacturing is more expensive. Besides, magnetic connectors that are tiny and meant for consumer use always get gummed up with bits of iron anyway.

>Besides, magnetic connectors that are tiny and meant for consumer use always get gummed up with bits of iron anyway.
magsafe didn't have this problem, sweatie

if the connector is well designed it won't be an issue. If you're an applefag, you were probably licking shit off the floor more often then you were using your pc anyway, so no dust or bits of dirt.

I promise you someone fucked up their macbook charger with it somehow.

It can do with a slightly updated design with small hooks on the sides or something

>Its in the specifications
This is revolutionary stuff here user, fuck

Attached: 1509706719913.jpg (641x530, 41K)

>small port with hooks
So it's a micro USB then.

That thing needs the screw on the other side as well.

>fragile part is on the socket side
Retarded

much better than any other connector.

I've got some usb c cables around the place and some hold the devices better than others. My oneplus 3 cable holds the phone and I can dangle it no problem, but the one in my car just falls out if it's vertical and then I've got another one at work that holds really well.
It's all very annoying.

Yes but it's better than micro usb.
Usb C is the best of the lot though. I'm not a macfag, but I'd prefer to switch everything to usb c and be able to ditch usb A, but I'm glad I've got usb A on all my comps at the moment

>sticking it in roastie ports

USB-C is shit compare to USB-A though.

blocks your path

Attached: 01[1].jpg (1600x1600, 63K)

I have an ipad air from 2013 (yes, back when those things were a trend, don't judge me pls) and a Samsung s6 edge that I bought in 2016.
The samsung cable broke in about 4 or 5 months and was always loose and slided too easily.
While the ipad cable is still working after so many years and attaches firmly and well.
Im not eveng shilling apple but seriously, it is a that good connector and samsung disposable garbage is shit.