Does anybody else find it ironic how Jow Forums is a technology board, but hates technology?

Does anybody else find it ironic how Jow Forums is a technology board, but hates technology?

>Touchscreen smartphones are trash, flip phones were better
>LCD monitors are trash, CRTs were better
>Modern OS are trash, OS 20 years ago were better
>Modern laptops are trash, laptops from 2006 were better

Shouldn't this board be boomer technology general?

Attached: c791owalga901.jpg (960x720, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZdjP0NZO-CU
forum.51nb.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1827134&extra=page=5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> tfw when you take /g's tech recommendations seriously

>Does anybody else find it ironic how Jow Forums is a technology board, but hates technology?
No, we don't hate technology. We just like better technology.

>Jow Forums is one person

>Touchscreen smartphones are trash, flip phones were better
Both are shit. Touchscreen smartphone with slide out keyboards are GOAT.
>LCD monitors are trash, CRTs were better
CRTs belong on /vr/ and /vr/ only. There's no reason to use one for anything other than old games and movies.
>Modern OS are trash, OS 20 years ago were better
Blame modern apps, not the OS that runs them. I'd still be using windows 2000 if it ran modern applications but it doesn't so I'll deal with windows 10.
>Modern laptops are trash, laptops from 2006 were better
This is the only correct answer. Everyone except Japanese manufacturers want to copy Apple's less-is-more philosophy and charge more for less. Gone are socketed RAM/SSD, status LEDs, and removable batteries. Instead of ethernet and HDMI ports we have dongle hell. God forbid someone give a presentation by just plugging the cable into their laptop.

Boomer Tech > Zommer Tech

L-Linus Torvalds?

>Shouldn't this board be boomer technology general?
Probably

Every new generation of technology basically has to sit on the sideline while the users of the previous generation either die or lose relevance before they are allowed to properly flourish.
This has been seen across hardware and software since the very start, and it's fucking stupid, but here we are.

most /g recommendation is shit.

though i got to admit I bought a lot of bitcoin at $10 because of /g

>Everyone except Japanese manufacturers want to copy Apple's less-is-more philosophy and charge more for less. Gone are socketed RAM/SSD, status LEDs, and removable batteries. Instead of ethernet and HDMI ports we have dongle hell. God forbid someone give a presentation by just plugging the cable into their laptop.
As much as Jow Forums likes to shit on gamer laptops, many of them check most if not all of those boxes. It's just that spending that much money on a laptop is usually not worth it.

Even gaming laptops are getting rid of HDD and charging status LEDs. In exchange you get a RGB backlit keyboard with individually addressable keys. Also a lot of them no longer have removable batteries. All that's beside the fact they look ugly as sin.

God, I hate the retarded gaming designs

>Also a lot of them no longer have removable batteries

I hate this. I've never not had a couple of backup batteries for my shit until recently, when nothing I could get as a new laptop that matched my requirements had a removable battery. Why do they do this?

No one wants status LEDs, fuck you

t. Macfag
I hate how sterile computers and consumer electronics have become, turning into black boxes with absolutely no user-facing feedback.

Because Apple convinced everyone that $1000+ computers are disposable.

>user-facing feedback
Go back to teletype, grandpa

>Even gaming laptops are getting rid of HDD and charging status LEDs
> Also a lot of them no longer have removable batteries
>tfw Dell XPS 13 master race still allows for this

Not sure about newer models though.

Go eat a tide pod, zoomer.

SEETHING

Macs have a charge LED
At least mine has

Old ones with MagSafe had them right on the plug. It was there when you need it and not when you aren't charging. Minimalism and functionality done right.

With the strength and efficiency with which you people suck each other off and create a vacuum-sealed echo chamber, Jow Forums might as well be.

I have never seen Jow Forums agree on anything. Ever.

Tech was supposed to serve people, but now people serve the tech (and jews indirectly)
pic related

Attached: 51VaRurzBLL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (324x499, 31K)

>everything new is progress and should be welcomed with open arms

Nothing is built to last or repairable anymore. Apple started a trend that dumbed everything down for normies and killed the industry. There's no reason to like most devices these days.

shame how ted wasn't jwoke

would this be considered the first ted talk?

kek

>>Touchscreen smartphones are trash, flip phones were better
Touchscreen phones caused mass adoption of social media apps which are legitimate trash and even Apple acknowledges this now by adding Screen Time

>>LCD monitors are trash, CRTs were better
:LCD monitors are always slower, for gaming they are legitimately worse

>>Modern OS are trash, OS 20 years ago were better
Modern OS aren't trash but window managers and modern applications are for the most part unless you're talking about professional content creation applications or utilities

>>Modern laptops are trash, laptops from 2006 were better
all laptops are trash, another thing that caused normal people to get interested in computers

Attached: 17373478795.png (1055x574, 93K)

Is that Linus?

No, as super tech savvy people we know that these older technologies are uniquely better than the newer ones.

youtu.be/ZdjP0NZO-CU

Well that's just untrue. The belief that Apple is Satan's lair on Earth is pretty much unanimous to the point where even the mods sometimes move Applel threads to /fa/.

>>Modern laptops are trash, laptops from 2006 were better
Absolutely. I could maybe stomach using a new Thinkpad but I don't like how some models have off-centered trackpads. I'd rather they just dump the trackpad entirely. I loved the X200 form factor by the way. It's from 2008 but still, not like today's lineup of making everything thin and using chiclet keyboards.

Can Lenovo resurrect this please? Just update it with USB 3, an ethernet port, display port, hdmi, hell even a card reader was in this thing if I remember correctly. That's super nice and still a way I like to transfer large movies to my phone.

Better CPU/GPU obviously because I think these were Core 2 Duo. Usable today but a modern i5 would be nice. Cram a 1680x1050 display in there or something. I can dream I guess.

Attached: x200.jpg (1600x1200, 280K)

If flip phones weren't better, then why now are the coming out with foldable screen phones?

Well, disagreement there would be like denying all bachelors are unmarried. Don't be silly.

Laptops WERE objectively better OP even as much as 6 years ago. The Macbook Air 13" was the greatest laptop ever besides the Thinkpad. Comfiest keyboard ever, light, 10.5 hour battery life, fast enough to actually run Overwatch on low (6 year old bargain tech), could get for 999 dollars. No cringey styling.

I don't necessarily agree about OS, I like Windows 10 and OSX about the same. I just think there are so many forced compromises now. iOS12 could be made to be the best OS ever made (ipad should be best laptop ever made) but it has shit all for functionality but its rock hard stable and fast. Besides that I don't really have a problem with either Apple/Microsoft OS.

Flip phones are better because they are easier to hold, not pretentious computers. Human brains aren't supposed to have instant access to all the worlds information and communication handy at all times, its brutal on our attention spans and horrible for our social skills. The temptation is too strong.

More compartmentalization should be implemented into society where our social, our information gathering, our workplaces are distinctive and satisfying. Also cameras are fucking cool and its sad that they died.

forum.51nb.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1827134&extra=page=5

Attached: 204745hoo88oj06z66jzga.png.thumb[1].png (725x535, 50K)

>argue from a false premise and ignore all nuance of certain topics just to present some aggregated opinions in the most vague and intentionally dishonest fashion possible
>all to make a shitposting thread

I'll give this bait a 5/10, needs work.

I'm reading through this right now, thanks

Yes, you are lel

This. Normies ruined everything.

Time ago you could get nice products aimed at enthusiasts, now everything is aimed at retarded normies since it's were the money it's at.

>rock hard stable and fast
I can't help but think it's because of the lack of functionality. The more things you put into it the more things will go wrong. This is their philosophy with iOS and it's not going to change anytime soon.

>the more things you put into it the more things will go wrong
true but that wouldn't be much of an issue if laptop makers would fucking accept moudlarity

>2018
>not just using WiFi and AirPlay

amazing, we hate the useless shit companies pander to the masses. did you figure it out all on your own?

Bunch of contrarian hipsters

>we
>We
No

Jow Forums isn't a technology board

It's a "those things you use for vidya gaemz and animu" board

>2018
>unironically wanting less connectivity options

Been doing more reading on this. One, is there any reason why they're including a VGA port? I know I could remove it and I probably would but I wonder if I could replace it. Secondly, they seemed to have forgotten about the drainage holes the x200/1 have.

I'm still tempted by this.

>is there any reason why they're including a VGA port?
So you can connect to an old projector or CRT. Personally I would've preferred HDMI but there's no space in the case for it.

Jow Forums is like your edgelord little brother that always tries to go against the mainstream. If you use anything mainstream Jow Forums will get all snobby and berate you, without actually having any valid reasons

Newfag, lurk moar and don't forget to install gentoo

I guess /a/ is not an anime board since they hate Naruto then

>without actually having any valid reasons
That's where you're wrong. Some threads are just low-effort bitching but there's valid reasons why people don't like modern laptops, for example. Just browse this thread and you'll see examples and not just Jow Forums being an edgelord.

It's time to stop wires

But now technology isn't made by smart people trying to solve a problem. It's made by dumb marketing execs who think about not what people want or need but what they can sell to them. This is why most modern technology is just absolutely worthless.

>This is why most modern technology is just absolutely worthless.
This, in the most literal sense. Modern technology is trash once it leaves the factory, cheap components assembled and sold at a ridiculous markup.

>I would've preferred HDMI but there's no space in the case for it.
Ah, ok.

>unironically using WE on an anonymous board

>CRTs belong on /vr/ and /vr/ only. There's no reason to use one for anything other than old games and movies.
Nice parroting, retard. CRTs are useless everywhere.

gr8 b8 m8

Fuck off, grandpa

The .2% of people that think old tech > new tech is much more vocal than the 99% that don't care

>CRT monitors which probably give you radiation poisoning are much better than a 1440p 144hz gaming monitor for gaming

The cope.

there's no real discussion anymore

everybody just acts like a 13yo edgy shitlord that can't stop complaining

WE

anybody else find it ironic when people think liking technology is the same thing as mindlessly consuming and worshiping the latest shit for the sake of it
you don't have to be obsessed with dumbed down facebook machines and trendy toys to like technology

Attached: 1539418757017.png (200x200, 55K)

No I'm not surprised at all, just look at any forum/>subreddit
not under control of the people who make stuff and almost every discussion is about how something sucks

>t. zoomer
go do heroin or something you failed experiment of a human being.

thats just because faggots, jews, and governments hijacked technology and made it shit on purpose. otherwise tech is the most important thing in the world.

Install Gentoo

LCDs are trash, idiot. CRTs have better black levels and response times. if you disagree, its because you are technologically illiterate

Modern OS are bloated trash. If you cant appreciate the technological efficiency of an OS from 20 years ago, you can go ahead and
>>>/get
>>>/the
>>>/fuck

Attached: 2m70p5.jpg (500x701, 110K)

Ein board, ein user, ein Hiro (formerly Moot).