Requiring immensely more gpu power just for subjectively smoother frames

requiring immensely more gpu power just for subjectively smoother frames

how fucking retarded is this

Attached: Monitor-Refresh-Rate-60Hz-vs-144Hz[1].jpg (800x518, 55K)

Very considering you need an oled monitor to avoid ghosting. I got a 60Hz 1440p monitor and called it a day. Most people can't tell the difference between 144 vs 60 Hz or even 75 vs 60 Hz.

>subjectively
????????

>most people can't tell the difference
most people have never seen 144fps

60 looks like a fucking 24fps movie compared to 144

>subjectively smoother
What The Fuck Is Subjective About A Fucking Number

Ask me how I know you've never seen a 144hz monitor. Just moving your mouse on the fucking desktop is noticeably smoother

I got one of the first 1440p 144hz monitors back in late 2015 and could never go back. Any game locked to 60hz is literally unplayable to me now. In action scenes it feels like I can see individual frames.

desu, seeing any objective difference above 100Hz outside of a test specifically tailored for that is placebo

After reinstating display drivers my 1440p monitor was set to 60hz. Honestly thought Titanfall 2 was broken until I reset it back to 144hz.

4k 120hz big format displays cannot come soon enough.

>requiring immensely more gpu power just for subjectively smoother frames
I don't know, maybe because your GPU needs to render more than twice as many frames in the same period of time?

this

Hey man, I for sure notice a difference but if you're happy with 60hz that's great! You'll save some money haha

Can I mod some .ini files from some old games such as Deus Ex to make them run at 144Hz?
Thanks

I only play old games because I am on Ubuntu

It's more noticeable than jumping up resolutions while staying at the same screen size.

Human eye can't see past 24 fps

this

60hzlets are absolutely without understanding of this superior technology

ask me how i headshotted you so quickly you called "hax"

144hz 1440p master race (gpulets not allowed)

And what do you have to gain from a smoother mouse?
The only thing they're good for is being a /v/irgin.

He probably saw a 144Hz monitor in a store.
And said store had connected it with some HDMI cable that doesn't even support 144Hz at 1080p+ resolutions.

Happened to a few stores I've seen that had multiple different 120/144Hz monitors, all connected through HDMI so all of them displayed 60Hz.

Games don't run in Hz, they run in FPS.

Disable Vertical sync
Does the game run at gazillion FPS?
Congrats it works with gazillion Hz monitors.

How dare you be supportive on Jow Forums, asshole?
Don't you know that we're looking for an argument here?

Let me translate it for you since you're obviously having a mental special olympics with your "brain" right now.

>Ask me how I know you've never seen a 144hz monitor. Just moving your mouse on the fucking desktop is noticeably smoother
equals
Tell us what monitor you looked at. Just [INSERT SITUATION THAT IS EASILY PRESENTED aka an EXAMPLE] on the [INSERT TOPIC SUBJECT] is noticeably [BETTER]

TL;DR
You're retarded

TL;DR 2
You're fucking retarded

And here I thought you were just a skilled player. :(

Totally agreed. Anything higher than [what I own] is completely unnecessary and a total jew meme!

>Playing game at friend's house
>Tell him he should get a 144 Hz monitor since he has the horsepower
>Tells me it is
>Move cursor and he's right

What the fuck. I thought the difference would be more noticeable. Although I do see it now.

144hz is only a meme if you try to play modern games. you either have to sacrifice visual quality or pay too much money to jews.

>144Hz makes you better at gaymes
Yup, you completely internalized the marketing. Congratulations.