ITT

Boomer technology

Attached: 131361a.jpg (1000x667, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mR_dNd-p834
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dude uncompressed DV lmao

Attached: XFirewire-large.jpg (750x428, 45K)

Attached: Gravis_pc_gamepad.jpg (1203x800, 221K)

Attached: 1541774210311.jpg (1208x466, 227K)

>I watch LGR and post on Jow Forums starter pack

It would be fun to send either him or that lowspecgamer one of those bad boys.

Attached: 694_diamond_stealth_3d_2000_rev.b_s3_virge_top_hq.jpg (1600x925, 297K)

Attached: iPhone-6s-headphone-jack.jpg (3456x1986, 273K)

Imageboards in general.

Keyboards and mice.

All the kiddos are using touchscreens now.

Game port.

*ka-THUNK* yep, floppies were good tech

Attached: DSC03169.jpg (816x612, 111K)

"You mean you have to use physical buttons? That's like a baby's toy!"

Attached: bttf2_babys_toy.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

*ka-SHIRRRRRRR-baDIR-baDAM* yep, modems were good tech

Attached: ka-shhhiirrrrrrr-badam-badang-errrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (1469x1102, 2.11M)

Some were.
Some.. not so much.

Attached: g.png (447x146, 10K)

ahhh i love staying warm in the winter and saving money on my heating bill

Attached: 295.jpg (1500x1132, 293K)

Attached: 41E26NBF2ZL._SY450_.jpg (392x450, 15K)

oof

Zoomers don't know shit about my zip drive

Attached: HTB1nopFfv5TBuNjSspcq6znGFXaW.jpg (2560x1922, 1.06M)

ahhh i love staying warm in the winter and saHELP! IT HURTS! IT BURNS! IT BUUURNS! BUUURN!BUUUUUURN! BURNING TO THE GROUND! BUUURN! BUUURN! BURNING TO THE GROUUND! AAAH!

Attached: gtx480-1l.jpg (1280x1024, 192K)

do you like your eggs scrambled or sunny side up?

Attached: gtx 480.png (134x196, 32K)

Zoomers don't own any.

Attached: forreal.png (1469x1102, 2.23M)

That's a bit low for a 480.

>1.5GB

They start off with 2GB, but then you turn it on, things happen.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Attached: 3273211499_dec9851503_b.jpg (1024x720, 263K)

*sip* I too like to game.

Attached: nocoolingnecessary.png (1567x1175, 2.7M)

that's just at the splash screen, wait tll you reach in-game.

That quite explains.

Maybe zoomers do bc lofi production is coming back. Then again I doubt the normie knows much about these besides possibly disenfranchised detroid and chicago youth. Idk I'm too old they probably just do it digital-er

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>VIRGE ON BOARD

wow they predicted us

my mother who is over 60 can't even use a mouse and prefers the touchscreen on her laptop. I gave her a mouse thinking it would be easier but she skipped that whole computer generation entirely being born in the 50s so the touchscreen is actually easier to use for her. it's mind boggling to me.

I'm still mad that FireWire never took off. That shit fucking destroyed USB when it came to external storage, both in actual throughput and connection stability.

Even now USB is pleb tier for storage use and ranges between just ok to flaky as fuck depending on the maker of the chipset on your mobo and the device you're plugging in. It's absolutely baffling that even after all these years they can't manage to get it right. Oh well, at least thunderbolt exists.

Do you actually think this chip can score with this kind of performance?
youtube.com/watch?v=mR_dNd-p834

Fucking winmodems ruining my Linux and BeOS escapades

I still love the peer to peer bus that firewire is, luckily my motherboard has it so I don't need a card, but I still use a have a Canon HV40 that shoots amazing 1080i footage but you gotta dump the tape.

Attached: 20180530_191534.jpg (1932x2576, 919K)

Attached: 81u7LtUgweL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 160K)

Landline telephones
Blackberries
Car phones
Pagers
Home security systems
Smart refrigerators
3D televisions
Stereo systems
Camcorders
Carburators

>Landline telephones
Kek my GenX mom still has one here, it is useful because our apartment has thicc walls and are cell phones sometimes drop out.

doesn't firewire have DMA?

literally heard they can slurp up all your data on a locked PC making TPM useless.

Fuck it actually does, luckily I've never owned a FW HDD and just use it for cameras.

I remember when they came out. Used to go to the local walmart where they had a display just to play around with it. They had it hooked up to a CRT somehow. Shit was awesome.

Attached: gameboy.jpg (1425x1158, 628K)

>thicc walls
Boy those were the days

Attached: 1534075167407.jpg (900x900, 40K)

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (800x583, 45K)

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (3840x2160, 793K)

Attached: cpuz.jpg (400x399, 40K)

There was always that poor kid who would hog the thing because he didn't have any games at home :(

I have played with one of these for literally unironically 23 years.

i still use zips
they don't fail on me nearly as much as USB sticks do

>via
damn that takes me back

Thunderbolt is literally two usb's stapled to each other now. Go away.

Attached: whatyearis.jpg (671x527, 46K)

>1hz
must be based to play doom like a slideshow

Can't find muh pivs of virge3d or any of the isa cards so have a pick of some bad parking instead.

Attached: Image011.jpg (1600x1200, 338K)

Dat Onions grin

Yep, that was me. What can I say?

Why did audio acceleration in gaming die? Games unironically sounded way better during EAX/X-Fi golden age around mid-aughts. Now any sort of environmental impact on sound like echoes, geometry, time for sound to travel from long ranges and the way it affets its tone in addition to volume etc. seems to be completely ignored again. The best you get now is directional audio, and if you're lucky it may have headphone virtualization too in order to sound a bit more accurate when compared to stereo speakers.

Attached: eax.jpg (480x360, 27K)

heard incel is planning to make sound dsp's great again

All of this is entirely possible in software, nobody simply bothers with it.

Attached: IMG_7121.jpg (2016x1512, 577K)

Modems are still used today tho. MODulator DEModulator.

Driver issues. Vista doesn't properly support EAX due to the way it addresses hardware which is why you have to use Creative Alchemy to make it work instead.

>filament bulps
Dimm af but radiates heat nicely.

Attached: hehkulamppu.jpg (568x733, 35K)

I have seen so many dildos in the past few years and so few joysticks that my first thought when seeing that pic was that it is a sex toy

Come to think of it, I wonder if people in the future will assume 'joystick' is just another word for a dildo

I was that kid. I'm 30 yo and the only console I ever used was a chinese NES clone except for a Nintendo 64 that my grandmother borrowed from a richer cousin of mine when I came to visit her during the summer.
I'm literally and unironically still considering buying a PSone or PSTwo just to know I can at least afford that gaming console now that I have a job. As if I somehow owed that to 10 year old me.
But I would feel self-conscious buying that at the age of 30.

I wanted to pick up a joystick recently but the only things I could find were either cheap and shit or super expensive for enthusiasts.
What happened to the old forcefeedback logitech ones?

big screens and good hi-fi systems makes the zoomer confused and angry

Attached: 1.jpg (2546x1785, 2.87M)

Still use this as a typewriter sometimes. With fbterm when I feel like it.

Attached: IMG_20181110_103150.jpg (2592x1944, 1M)

>how does computers work
Wow, so THIS is the curry state of /gee/ — Consumerism.
Imagine everything works on Macs...

>still considering buying a PSone or PSTwo just to know I can at least afford that gaming console now that I have a job.

>As if I somehow owed that to 10 year old me.

If you can afford it, do it. Fuck man, reply on here, and if its not horrid to ship, I will ship you a PSOne, I have one CIB that I have literally never opened. I may have a spare PS2 also, if I can find it, I'd send you that instead. I was that kid too, except my dad actually owned Genesis, I just wasn't allowed to play it and I also was robbed for my work income by my dad till I moved out.

Just threw my last zip drive and disks into the trash last week while cleaning up my mess a bit. It was really great back then, until it became cheaper to just burn a cd/dvd.

Anyone remember those hugeass third party gb cardriges with like a thousand an one game on it?? Those were fucking badess, despite most games being utter trash.