Why people won't stop behaving like idiots when it comes to the linux name controversy

Why people won't stop behaving like idiots when it comes to the linux name controversy.
>linux is just a kernel
Yet every common person seems okay by calling distros just as linux, even Torvalds does. Would it really hurt to just close the debate and call it linux?

Attached: IMG-20181109-WA0032.jpg (1280x639, 29K)

Well of course he wants you to say it its named after him

lurk at least 5 years before posting

you could say literally the same thing about Stallman, who's very adamant about it

What's there to lurk besides pointless discussions.

What you're referring to as Linux is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

He use it to meme new fags and shit post on threads we don't like

this

Android is Linux.

>Would it really hurt to just close the debate and call it linux?

Would Linus like to remove all binary blobs from the kernel and take over maintainership of all GNU packages including gcc, emacs, gdb, glibc, coreutils, binutils, make, gnome, gimp, etc? Because if so, then he can call the operating system what he wants.

How about stallman finishing his own OS and name however he wants

He did and the OS is called GNU. Please show me the userland and compiler that Linus wrote so we can see what the "Linux OS" actually looks like.

What you're referring to as GNU+Linux is in fact, X11+GNU+Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, X11 with GNU plus Linux. GNU + Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning X11 system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components, as well as hardware management provided by the Linux kernel, comprising a full OS.

You underestimate the power of no-life autistic incest babies, OP.

it's GNU/incest

What you're referring to as GNU/incest is in fact, autism+GNU+incest, or as I've recently taken to calling them, freetards. Incest is not an crime unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully dysfunctional freetard, comprising the total crime against humanity you see today.

shut the fuck up, you nugget bitch

Did I trigger you, poor baby? Need a safe space and a dummy to suck on?

I believe there is a legitimate reason to use GNU/linux to clarify that a program will only run on GNU/linux specifically (ex. steam won't work on musl distros)

Attached: whatsgnu.jpg (398x500, 68K)

>Linux is a kernel.
Corn is a kernel, linux a youtubes.