/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 439208 animal_ears bottomless bra cleavage heterochromia muku_(apupop) nekomimi open_shirt (1200x1680, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qUTjfizNYN0
youtube.com/watch?v=STU6SY9jTGc
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset?mode=guest_open
youtube.com/watch?v=spktoWVAlTU
youtube.com/watch?v=j-HPhUy5Awk
soundcloud.com/g59/eitherhatedorignored
github.com/bmc0/dsp
a.co/d/16O92Ls
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf
a.co/d/7R5rTHD
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/sennheiser-hd-599.php#rw5
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/sennheiser-hd-600.php#rw5
nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/headphone-impedance-explained.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wqR60Eyp7fA
kikkoman.eu/consumer/products/naturally-brewed-onions-sauce/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want her to sit on my face.

Please help

what are some kawaii anime songs

Attached: cover.png (2160x2160, 2.25M)

Does it have to be closed? And any budget?

>no feet
when will they learn

I prefer closed for gaming. And less than. $100

My girlfriend is so cute!

I don't really know if these kind of posts are allowed, but my stuff is still for sale on ebay. Let me know you're from /hpg/ for discounts and surprise extra gifts!
This is pretty kawaii
youtube.com/watch?v=qUTjfizNYN0

Attached: selling.png (640x995, 166K)

Takstar Pro 82 might be up your alley. M40X has shitty pads

I don't watch anime really but I like this song
youtube.com/watch?v=STU6SY9jTGc

No do not do that. I figure you're set on closed back even though it will sound worse.
The takstar pro 82 is what you want if you're going closed back and they are going to be available for only $53 on 11/11 aliexpress.com
If you want to spend more and get something cool consider the Urbanfun T1 for $170
For a microphone I use the Samson go mic which is like $35.
If you want a standard mic get the coolermaster mh751 it's a takstar pro 82 that looks cooler than the regular one with a detachable mic for $80. If they're not in stock on amazon/coolermaster store give it a day or two.

Stop making me want to buy things. I'm this close to buying the DT770 just so I can have a treble rape headphone for production reference

Fuck no I made a mistake don't buy the urbanfun
Get the "haafee HD1" on ebay it's the same headphone for $130 which is dope

>If you want to spend more and get something cool consider the Urbanfun T1 for $170
see just bought them YIKES

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset?mode=guest_open

youtube.com/watch?v=spktoWVAlTU

>HiFi guides
Don't use that site.

My room gets a lot of noise from the street and my retarded neighbours.

But yeah probably get the Takstar. He did a great review of those.

see
i think takstar is a better value honestly, save all other money for a 58x or whatever

Im very tempted to buy those.

Why? He sounds like he knows his shit.

why did you (You) me?

AT makes overpriced memeshit with awful pads. You have to factor in like 50 extra dollars for new earpads and cables

>Why? He sounds like he knows his shit.
Do you realize that site is just an affiliate link farm?

Attached: shill-kun.png (726x821, 40K)

Only saw links to Amazon, nothing different from any other audiophile website.

You put in your price point, and you get an Amazon affiliate link to buy something from and give him compensation. You're not getting any real advice on a site like that.

Ah ok. I never use those links anyway, I have a smile.amazon I use.

Doesn't using a wall-powered amp/dac significantly increase the long-term cost of a 300ohms headphone?

your girlfriend? that's funny because I have her missing panties

Attached: panty sniffing pepe.png (706x680, 84K)

How do you feel about noise cancelling headphones?

They're a very hard purchase to rationalize.
I have bose qc35 iis and they are comfortable and the anc works excellently but the sound is nowhere near good enough to justify the price. If you can pick them up for VERY cheap they're amazing for things that require concentration like work/study or plane rides.

Only worth it if you reallllllyy need the active noise cancelling

youtube.com/watch?v=j-HPhUy5Awk

I used to do weighted pull ups to that song like a fuckin weirdo. I miss that.

Is he right?

of course not

but you don't need a dac/amp for gaming

Are HD58X really competitive with HD660S?

yes

soundcloud.com/g59/eitherhatedorignored

Is there anything cheaper than this?
yes I don't want a dumb DAC.

Attached: _MG_0719.jpg (650x342, 25K)

Should I pick up some Sennheiser HD650's or AKG K-7XX's? Looking to get some nice headphones to listen to metal with and those two were recommended to me. On a budget as well

how u gonna use an amp without a dac owo

rooted android phone with dedicated amp

Anyone?
Does anyone here even count the cost of the additional electricity usage?

This is what Im doing right now, also Neutron MP has good alternative if you won't root. It has xml equalizer preset.
It's a dsp, not just an amp.

Neutron player

akg has better low end if you eq them, senn just distort.

Yes, also trial can be easily mitigated.
Also for linux:
github.com/bmc0/dsp
EqAPO for windows.

HD6XX

>github.com/bmc0/dsp
wait, seriously? how the fuck have I never heard of this before

Why do you say that?

It's a cheaper version of the 650. Same everything, different paint.

this thing only good for ladspa capable player, having no success with alsa systemwide.

Is it normal for DAC/AMPs to disable the source when there's no sound playing? I noticed that the green light on mine at the source select only comes on when something is playing, and whenever a source stops playing or starts playing there is a small little pop noise, it's barely audible but still there. it's over USB btw

what does the gui look like? it shouldn't be too hard to route through JACK

Well, compared to the K-7XX's, which would be better?

Not an expert on metal but HD650's are pretty subdued in the treble department. Beyer 880 and k7xx seem like better choices to me for that genre

Thoughts on the Audio Technica ATH-MSR7SE Premium Headphones?

a.co/d/16O92Ls

Attached: AC07420_6.jpg (800x800, 33K)

Because I own an HD650 and listening to Electric Wizard using this EQ profile is wonderful.

dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf

Attached: ss+(2018-07-10+at+09.58.29).png (1617x820, 296K)

Really? How'd they manage that one?

bmc0/dsp they also has scripts to convert from eq apo, also which is good combination with REW, better than Peace.
it's ladspa plugin, no gui, controlled with config file. also they provide command line.

Oratory has some weird ass EQ profiles. I put one for the LCD2C and it sounded horrible and metallic.

Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506?

Also this

a.co/d/7R5rTHD

Attached: ultrasone_performance_880_headphones_1.jpg (600x600, 46K)

I'm pretty new when it comes to all of this. How would I go about setting that up?

Product variation is a thing.
Use Sonarworks instead. Trace their graphs if you want bad way.

EqualizerAPO. REW for generating the txt.
Peace GUI if you want less precision but that's easy.

Only one of his that I have used is the one for the HD650, and it's great. I have it enabled most of the time. Are you sure you're not just used to the normal sound signature of the LCD2C? It is well known to be a dark headphone. Maybe you're just used to the sound signature.

I'll order the HD6xx then, and check that out. I don't only listen to metal and I've read they're good for other genres. I'll check out that software. Thanks

14dB is a huge peak filter. It felt like Beyers

god i wish that were me

It must sound a lot different from the normal sound signature that you're used to. I don't know, but maybe if you used it for a week it would sound normal to you.

DT990 Pro or HD599?

>walked into a hifi shop
>told em I wanted to try the HD800S because I found the HD600's uncomfortable as fuck (it touches my ears and the foam inside is stratchy)
>Several people ask me what kinda amp I have
>"A solid state that drives my cans loud enough."
>Store people try to shill me some snakeoil
>"Oh yeah I better pay more money than what I'm dropping on my headphones to make sure I have a soild state with a 'black background' that sounds 'musical' and has a bunch of other non-quantifyable, un-messurable qualities. Maybe I should buy a Yggy while I'm at it."
>Guy asks me if I have alotta music on my phone
>"I didn't bring my phone."
>They ask me what music I listen to
>"I don't listen to music I only play Fortnite."
>Someone hands me the headphones
>Put em on, pretty comfy
>Pull out my card
>The guy is standing there talking about break-in periods or some shit
>"Dude, I'm already trying to buy them. You should stop talking once you've made a sale".
>Takes my card
>'Do you wanna listen to them first?'
>"The 600's already sounded fine, I'm sure these are cool."
>Walk out the shop with my new headphones

HE4XX or DT770? or spend a little more for the Fidelio X2s?

Based and zoomerpilled

this all happend about 2 hours ago, writting this while I wait for a haircut

DT880 sounds better for metal imho.

They are almost the same, just go with the cheapest one and use the extra money for better when the stock ones start to decay.

see :^)

Attached: shill-kun2.png (623x601, 32K)

thinking of getting philips SHP9500 off of ali express.
am i going to get scammed and should i get the original or the 's' version

I agree that they have reduced sound quality compared to many other headphones at the same price range due to ANC adding slight hiss andd so on in silent environments.

HOWEVER, the fact that most of them reduce background noise by 25-27dB which is over 80% perceived noise gone (>99% actual) improves the sound quality far more than what you would get with passive closed headphones.
ANC is worthless if you want something to listen at home, but a superior choice if most of the listening you do is during daily commutes or noisy work environments.

good for you, but they suck for gaming, slight change of cup position messes in game sound a lot
but not everyone is sensitive to that so you may be fine.

canceling outside noise is a sure way to kill yourself on the street. a lot of anti noise retards die that way not reacting to something in time

That's an extreme fringe case to go against using ANC. Besides the vast majority of people who use non-ANC headphones tend to boost their volume so loud that they wouldn't hear anything anyway. What you're saying is not specific to noise canceling.

well yeah, that's why I listen only to talk radios in one ear outside. You don't want to be a statistic do you?

>tfw you hear a song that you haven't heard in like 8 years and have no idea where it's from but you've definitely heard it many, many times before
What a wonderful feeling

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
and possibly (if you're the same user for some reason)
That's wrong. The HD599 will sound horrible next to HD600 out of motherboard audio, and that's not just because HD600 outclasses it.
The HD599 is particularly sensitive to motherboard outputs, which typically have a high impedance, due to a large peak of impedance at the upper bass area. This causes them to sound veiled.
These measurements should help you see that:
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/sennheiser-hd-599.php#rw5
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/sennheiser-hd-600.php#rw5
And this article from nwavguy should help you understand why this is so: nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/headphone-impedance-explained.html
The difference between a motherboard and a low output impedance amp is radical. When I got my first external amp, my HD598 sounded immediately very different and better.
And then I got the HD600. The improvement of HD600 on HD598 is large with an amp, and it is huge without an amp.
(if you're a different user)
If you can't afford HD600 do look at HD579 instead of HD599. It's basically the same or better for cheaper. See reviews and FR.
As for DT990, it's v-shaped, I suggest not to bother.

Attached: 1532024013042.png (936x526, 13K)

Fuck off and kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=wqR60Eyp7fA

The onions sauce confuses me here.

kikkoman.eu/consumer/products/naturally-brewed-onions-sauce/
Refer to: Ingredients.

Attached: 1512236103913.png (1920x1080, 131K)

How much of a meme is /hpg/ in general? Will getting these headphones really significantly improve my quality of life? Are amps and davs snake oil or not?

Many an user has bought HD600, but none of them came here to cry with regret. Only extremely happy customers.

Attached: 1518725683342.png (2173x3210, 3.61M)

I let my friend and my brother listen to my 600s.
They both said they could hear a big difference in Fortnite.
My friend had only used gaming headphones prior and my brother is one of those people that usually say they can't tell the difference between stuff, so I was surprised to hear him say he noticed the difference.

With Christmas approaching, I wanna get my dad a nice pair of headphones. The dude's been working with audio equipment his entire life though, while I know next to nothing. He really wants a nice pair of headphones that sound "flat", or something like that. I could be wrong on the exact terminology, but basically he wants headphones that won't emphasize shit like bass and what-not. Are there any good headphones like this for under $200?

Attached: 1526402530237.jpg (1440x1080, 176K)

Bullshit, I complained about them being uncomfortable in this very thread.
I'll make myself more clear.

The HD600's are the most uncomfortable headphones I have ever worn.
I've worn many headphones over the years that cause hot spots after a few hours that hurt. But never have I worn a headphone that causes instant discomfort. The HD600's do.
The foam inside the earcup protecting the driver is a fucking joke and has no reason to be that rough and your ears WILL touch it, because the 'ear shaped cups' are too fucking shallow.

>instant discomfort
They crunched my head when new. Clap went away in a few days.
>your ears WILL touch it
Are you an elf? The HD600 cups are roomy. Roomier than my other cans (MSR7, HD380, HD598). I don't think my ears ever touched the foam.

Attached: 1517550913829.png (874x1238, 1.19M)

takfag 82 here. Bought them in July, basically the best 55 bucks of my life, been carrying then around as a pair of monitors i can bring anywhere, ultra comfy, like the most comfy pair of cans you can find out there, sound is slightly U shaped but it's flat enough so i can use them for mixing and mastering and when im casually listening to music i just turn the base ports up. Honestly the best cans under 200 bucks.

Old, used HD600 with far gone earpads? I can't think of anything else.
Clap -> clamp.

>Are you an elf?
>I don't think my ears ever touched the foam.
no, he's just not a jew. I bet your nose would touch it