Real robots

are these things any use? Dust is killing me, and no wish to vacuum every day myself.

Attached: 2017031501551301v3ne1xj.jpg (1000x1000, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tombuildsstuff.blogspot.com/2013/06/better-box-fan-air-purifier.html
vocaroo.com/i/s19FHVQM0u4e
vocaroo.com/i/s0dFj0Z2gizr
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs48LtyMuBg&index=1&list=PLwFH7aZRpTDSLR2yEg2ks8cDzzHAv9TMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Dust is killing me, and no wish to vacuum every day myself
F

you must buy cocorobo.

nobody got one? seriously? I guess i'll check housewife forums.

pretty good and smart. dont know what kind of flooring you have but i have tile and it's great for getting small things/dust

They aren't very smart and they don't cover all the surface, don't pick up everything, etc etc.

That said, the part that they do pick up is substantial. I have a Samsung one and I just simply turn it on before leaving for work and when I come pack there is a lot of dust in the collector. You still have to vacuum yourself, and not necessarily less often, but having the robot is a neat plus. Also forces you to tidy up your house, otherwise it'll suck up items of clothing and get stuck.

I got 90m2 of hardwood floors and ~30 more of carpet with short hair. I have to vacuum that before washing every week. I wouldn't mind skipping on vacuuming hard floors.

>Samsung
people say it's stupid, it depends what color your ceiling is because it got camera AI mapping and dark rooms is a nono it literary goes blind in the dark

I have an ilife v5 pro and it picks up a lot of invisible dust. It has an epa filter. Very good in hard soils. Sometimes it's amazing how much shit it can retrieve. Bad points: you can't program it for only half hour. After some time you will redecorate your home so the robot doesn't get stuck anywhere. 7/10

>you still have to vacuum yourself and not necessarily less often
well what the fuck is the point of that

>Dust is killing me
Humans are the one producing the dust, go online and buy a couple of pic related

Attached: gas-tight-chemical-suit-500x500.jpg (500x500, 22K)

My house is fucked by the amount of hair my dog produces. Constant fluff clouds about the place. Do you think this is a good use case for one?

Attached: IMG_20180624_124534_952.jpg (2560x1441, 775K)

Yes but don't buy the huawei chinese botnet bullshit that literally sends the chinese government network and layout data. Get the "dumb" iRobot ones.

I have this exact model OP, it's kinda shit since it does a poor job at cleaning dust but "good enough" so you dont have to do it yourself. Also mine fell down the stairs from the 2nd floor and punched a hole into the staircase wall so i dont let it go near the stairs again.

How about those carpets though?

Roombas also harvest your data.

Have they strapped a camera to these yet to send their masters video of the inside of our homes?

That's what the huawei/xiaomi bots have. Roomba is just a fucking IR sensor and a bumper plate.

I have an old roomba (the ones they made before they started selling your home layout to google)

It's meh desu, I used it a lot in my previous flat because there wasn't much lying around and it had a simple layout it could navigate through, but now babysitting that retard takes about as much effort as cleaning myself - and it's loud as fuck

I expect the newer ones to be somewhat better though

How are these things supposed to send data if they can't connect to a network? Or do they actually require a network connection?

Your CPU can send data without anything but a power source. How the fuck do you think?

Do yourself a favor user, build one of these:

tombuildsstuff.blogspot.com/2013/06/better-box-fan-air-purifier.html

Attached: fanfilter.jpg (520x243, 34K)

Are you literally retarded? It can't send shit anywhere other than locally without the whole network stack working.

>he doesn't know about the separate, dedicated, independent GSM chips on modern processors

And these chips can just skip authentication in order to access the Internet or something?

user... i got some bad news

Why not a central vacuum cleaner?

Tell me. And add sources.

lmao.

Roombas make for deadly home security.

Attached: ac4.jpg (680x910, 96K)

buy dyson v10

Attached: 109B7588-F10B-4661-9DEF-851ADF6C528D.jpg (1200x800, 85K)

Nigga vacuuming takes like 10min if you max.

not if you got 130m2 flat.

>$1k
are you mad? also it doesn't free your hands.

IBOTO Aqua V715
got this thing, cost me $150, dumb as a brick but somehow it got full dust container.

Attached: 1.jpg (690x800, 43K)

judging by comments in this thread and many other forums, apparently the chinese robots are much better than roomba/samsung ones while being cheaper

are you people retarded or just pretending?

Got one of these. Yes, it's really useful.

They are not sterilizing the whole place, just taking out almost all dust and loose particles. It definitely helps a lot.

> apparently the chinese robots are much better than roomba/samsung ones while being cheaper
I wouldn't put it quite like that.

The high end of roombas and stuff AFAIK are equally good [some are actually a tiny little bit better than the 1st gen Xiaomi, I think], but the difference to a Xiaomi / Roborock is the price. They cost like 2-3 times as much, and that's usually just not worth it for no / a minuscule benefit after you've already got a robot with good suction, easy maintenance / easily emptied waste bin and LIDAR/good pathfinding.

It should. If you want to cheap out and get one with no LIDAR/pathfinding, you can just let it run and drive around randomly 5+ times as long [maybe when you're not nearby/not in the house] and it'll also get somewhat close to the same result.

It's just annoying depending on how you live.

>you must buy cocorobo.
I have one - it is divine. Clean perfectly.

My repost from /csg/. I own a Xiaomi roborock s50.

I love the thing. It's methodical in the way it cleans, dividing the house into blocks, mapping out the parameter then vacuuming in rows, before moving on. It simply does not miss an inch of accessible floor. It's fun to observe it surveying its surroundings and plotting its next path. Vacuuming power seems decent and I'm surprised by how much it picks up every day. The app is good, not that aesthetically pleasing but it provides a map of your home and the ability to clean certain zones and set up virtual walls. The vacuum did get its brush tangled on one of my old, scraggly rugs. I was meaning to throw this rug out anyways and no issues since then. Build quality is excellent, it's able to climb high rugs and over edges without a problem. Mop feature is a nice bonus but it doesn't hold much water so I think its use is limited to mopping a small to medium size area.

I do not have experience with other robotic vacuums but the reviews suggest that the Xiaomi is comparable to or outperforms vacuums twice as expensive, especially in its ability to intelligently and methodically clean every inch of the house.

Voice can be in English or Chinese. Chinese has many options. I gave her a a cute chink waifu voice :3
vocaroo.com/i/s19FHVQM0u4e
vocaroo.com/i/s0dFj0Z2gizr

I got mine from Aliexpress for $398 USD

Xiaomi has LIDAR. No camera like upper end roomba.

I have a dog and it works fantastically. As long as your dog doesn't mess with it while its working.

Honestly this will not replace a deep cleaning effort but if you're already lazy this will definitely postpone the inevitable need to deep clean.

I think this guy has a good video comparison of the top end Roomba vs the 1st gen Xiaomi.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs48LtyMuBg&index=1&list=PLwFH7aZRpTDSLR2yEg2ks8cDzzHAv9TMc