Can anyone tell me what graphics card this is? My friend needs to figure it out

Can anyone tell me what graphics card this is? My friend needs to figure it out

Attached: image0.jpg (3264x2448, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r5-desktop/configuration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pretty sure it's an ati rage 128

OP here, his PC is an alienware Aurora r5 (he didn't know the wonders of building) apparently this card claims to be a 1070 which definatly does not like any 1070 I've ever seen as far as the ati rage, on google nothing looked like this card does. I'm confused as hell

yea i sort of can or at the very least let you know exactly what card it is.

why? i work at the dell repair center working on their desktops.

that's an nvidia. (probably1060)

to find out for sure look at the back of that machine.

Is it an alienware or a xps 8910, 8920, or 8930 ?

look at the back where the psu swings out. you'll see a barcode and service tag.

next go to Http://support.dell.com

click on browse all products
next click on desktop & all in one

next click on alienware or xps then select the model you have..

next page click on system configuration. and input that service tag.

once you get that .. click on original configuration and expand all .. CTRL-F and type video. should come up to your video card (nvidia something. and you'll even have the PPID so you could even order one if you worked where i work

Why don't you just plug it in or type in the serial number on the back?

That blower type of Cooler was very popular on the OEM GTX 960 s and 970 s so I wouldn't be surprised if they reused it

probably a 1060 or 1080 .. could be a 1070 .. looks like one of the batch rebranded msi cards (mis had a deal with dell that netted dell a bunch of cheap cards but the details said they could not have the msi branding on them. hence why that card is the way it is.

use this info i put to find the exact card# in this post

>No one has mentioned MSI aero
It's a MSI Pascal card rebranded for AW user.

Attached: U5tW5Lb.jpg (500x489, 43K)

Looks like an MSI 1070/1080 Aero or Aero OC.

yep prob msi like i mentioned here and typoed mis

It'll be a 1070 GPU on a proprietary PCB with a proprietary cooler. Ever wonder how prebuilts screw prices down? All their components are made cheap.

Check the barcodes for the model or plug it in and check was GPU-Z says it is. Worse case scenario it's a weird Chinese card and the bios are wrong, then just take the cooler off and read what model number is on the gpu die.

I actually looked up a similar card from an Aurora earlier today.
Guy had a bad PSU, within the year warranty, but the amount of sheer dust and odor made me think he was trying to pull a fast one. So double checked the components model numbers and whatnot.
Toss the numbers on the PCB on the other side into google to confirm. In my case it brought up a Chinese company that makes gimped 1060s.

>apparently this card claims to be a 1070 which definatly does not like any 1070 I've ever seen
It's an OEM card, user. You didn't think they put retail cards in those machines, did you?

thats why nobody buys prebuilt because its OEM shit that worse than stock

go here:

dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r5-desktop/configuration

(earlier link was slightly wrong)

type in the service tag. /win (service tag is located on back outside, on the psu sandwiched between 2 barcodes usually. or a long thin barcode.

asset tag is here (see pic)

Attached: file.png (1600x1202, 2.65M)

Install it and see

Give it back, Jamal.

can't be stolen.. jamal doesn't know how to open a pc

what a bizarre contraption

Want a good laugh .. look at the xps 8910 8920 and 8930

IT IS THE SAME GODDAMN MACHINE WITHOUT THE AAAYLMAO BRANDING..

(just change out the plastics)

Attached: file.png (960x960, 719K)

DELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to PC cases. Tooling costs money, it's cheaper to change the same thing up a little bit.
You'll find this in your beloved Fractal Design, NZXT, Corsair, and whatever else cases too.