9900k capped at 95W is shitty

youtube.com/watch?v=kmAWqyHdebI

9900k capped at 95W is shitty.

Attached: 1515221586890.png (682x792, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qAQOAKrfkWw
youtube.com/watch?v=kmAWqyHdebI
youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc
anandtech.com/show/13544/why-intel-processors-draw-more-power-than-expected-tdp-turbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a 2700x @ 4.3ghz only gets 18fps on arma 3 yaab with high distance settings.

Intel a shit.
Now they're selling CPUs without warranty, because they end up overclocked by default.
Don't want to be the first guy that has one failing on him when he didn't touch the BIOS.

>AMD Unboxed

All that AMD money must be real good.

Sir AMD does notl paid off youtube personals.

Muh games.
A 9900k at 95W still reaches 64C on an open bench with a NH-D15.
Also clocks go down to 4Ghz like 2700x.
At 4Ghz, it performs worse than 2700x because of shitty hyperthreading.

STFU AND GET OFF MY SUB U INCEL F*GGOT

Did yaab get you angry? Why can't amd just make a good cpu... well I gess they did make a good cpu it's just a few years late in terms of performance, and buggy.

Reminder: Hardware unboxed edits their videos with intel cpus.

Attached: 1386249863498y.jpg (680x598, 55K)

I don't ARMA3, so I guess I don't care?
Also, I don't 1080p 144Hz, so I don't care.
For my use case, 2700x is just perfect.

>10 posts
>5 IPs
Rajesh is really earning his money damage controlling this one!

What? What GPU are you using? VD in A3 is almost entirely GPU-bound, I'm able to reach 40 fps with 4k view distance paired with 1060 in that benchmark. 60 fps at lowest graphics which is consistent with 8700k that gets about 80+ at the lowest settings

Is nothing to do with theirs reviewed.

Next year, we'll get 12-16 core AM4 cpus.
10900K 200W 150°C €1000 arc-furnace to counter.
Intel lost the instant they tried to compete on core count.

>VD in A3 is almost entirely GPU-bound
No it isn't. View distances, and object distances (and ai) are cpu bound for that game.

Just out of curiosity, how less worse is an intel CPU on this game?
If it's actually playable, you might want to point fingers at them using the Intel compiler.

youtube.com/watch?v=qAQOAKrfkWw
4ghz 1950x/3200mhz ram with low viewing distances (VD1600, and object vd 1300m)
30.4fps
What did AMD mean with this?

>ARMA 3, GUYS!!! ARMA 3!!! DO NOT BUY AMD!!!
This is desperate even by Intel shill standards.

Maybe the developers are shit?
Because, sure, Zen isn't great at games. But it's never that bad on other games.

>youtube.com/watch?v=kmAWqyHdebI
>but at 4.7 gigahertz it turns the CPU socket into a fiery pit of melting silicon
intel 9990 kelvin housefire confirmed

I tried ARMA2 demo once.
It ran like ass on my top of the line setup.
I guess nothing changed.

Depends. The game like ipc + high frequencies + fast/low latency ram, so intel cpus can squeeze a lot more fps out of the game.
>If it's actually playable, you might want to point fingers at them using the Intel compiler.
Maybe, but that's not my problem. Another issue is that ai (and a few other things) will run off one core (even though the game technically uses up to 32 threads/cores), so the above mentioned really matters when there's action in the game (or in mp). The devs kind of optimized sp in a way where you don't really see that much action, so that is kind of fixed, but most people just play arma for the mods, and mp which can be a lot more taxing.

>Maybe the developers are shit?
Every developer is "shit" I guess especially when the only good game devs of recent times are the guys who made ashes of the singularity. Such a beautifully coded game that has stability issues, and no player base.

>probably an fx9590 setup

Well, you're gonna have a problem if you have a 9900k@95W.
Intel's IPC advantage is not that great, and at 95W, both 9900k and 2700x run 4ghz in long loads.
Another factor might be that it's highly dependent on memory latency. So much so that a 7700k should yield you about same results with same memory.
Then, if they use Intel's compiler, they might as well prevent the game from running on other hardware.

i7 3770k 7970. almost 8 years ago.

What are you talking about. It's anot even a game, it's a benchmark for dx12 that nobody uses.

>MUHMA
>MUHMA MUFUKA

Attached: 1532561801614.png (575x641, 13K)

>tfw still using a 3570k

Got a 2700x, and it's really a side-grade.
I don't blame people from using ivy bridge nowadays at all.
In fact, it was the last time we saw significant performance increase from Intel.

Damn this sandnigger can't stop shilling, did Intel bomb his moms house or something.

He just proved the 9900K is more efficient than the 2700K, by getting the same or better performance at lower TDP and wants to present it as something bad

Is there any reason to get the 9900k over the 9700k?

>70% more expensive thanm Ryzen 2700X for no more than 15% performance (sometimes beatne by the 2700X in some workloads).
>Requires an expensive cooling solution to run on 'defaults' (at least on most motherboards)
>Has to breaks it's own TDP in order to look better than the competition.
>Nuclear power plant not included.
>'But ours goes up to 11!'

NONONONONONONNO

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Wrong

Steve "AMD shill guy" Walton moved to a Threadripper last year

He's obviously shilling for AMD with all the anti-Intel videos being published lately

Look at the other Jewtubers, they may shit on Intel for having shitty prices and products but only HU goes out of its way to shit on Intel at every turn

AdoredTV gets a ton of flak from neutral observers and Intel shills, but AdoredTV isn't a tech review channel and merely an opinion based one where he makes no secret about his AMD fanboyism and blind hatred over Intel

Makes you wonder why Intel still sends him samples, if he's on AMD's bed he shouldn't be sent Intel samples anymore

Not even two years and Zen is almost matching and sometimes beating Incels best desktop offering. Zen 2 can't come soon enough.

>AMD needing 10 years just to almost match an end of life Intel 14nm++++++ chip

>Gives you the facts about Incel.
>'He's an AMD shill!'
Like pottery.

If you have custom closed liquid cooling systems and don't mind paying very high premium, then yes.

However slightly better overclocking cap does not justify price premium against 9700k. The 9990k is vendor overclocked CPU out of the box (not disclosed).

SHUT UP YOU STUPID GOY POZZED STUTTERFIRES ARE GOOD

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

This I can understand some autistic user on Jow Forums being a fanboy/shill for a CPU company but when a reviewer does it it's just cringy af

>8700K is faster than the 9900K in some benchmarks whilst using less power and less heat.
What did they mean by this?

he's probably an amd-sponsored tech channel just like how linus is an intel-sponsored tech channel

difference is that linus makes no secret about his intel connections while hardware unboxed pretends to be 'neutral'

he uses both amd and intel. the threadripper for his workstation and the 8700k for his gayming computer

Side grade? The fuck are you doing? I went from a 3570K to a 1700 and the upgrade is massive.

Lie about TDP to have insane performance boost in short benchmarks (

>One poorly coded game makes AMD look like shit
Incel shills are really stretching it. Goatse style.

He only built the 8700k because the Corsair 1000D is a giant case

He doesn't even play videogames

He's the only Jewtuber who actually uses a Threadripper system, all the other bigger Jewtubers are using 7980XEs

The only good coders are ID.

>ITS DA DEVELOPERS FAULT KEEPING DA AMD MAN DOWN
Classic AMDrone response.

Bohemia are known for making piss poorly coded shitstain games that perform like utter dogshit.
Every time I've tried to play Arma games with top of the line hardware at the time the game runs like shit.
If the game came out in like 2014 or whatever the fuck and still runs like shit on a 8700k you know there is a problem.
It's not that Intel is great, this developer is just plain incompetent.

This is Intel right now.
youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

I said Zen not Bulldozer. Does not matter. It's less than two years that Zen has been out. The clock rate is ticking for Intel.

It's hard to be unbiased when the product itself is a shitty con job like the 9900K is.

Days without Jewish tricks...

It became an actual game.

Eat shit, kikes.

>*NEW* Facts don't matter!

Based poo poster telling the anons to eat amd.

t. Jew in loo.

POO IN THE JOO

>oy vey goyim please ignore benchmarks

t. post op chinkbara in the loo

9700k @ 4.9ghz on a noctua nh-u14s, sits ~65-70C while gaining. Avx drops to 4.8ghz ~78C. Works a treat, gaming and premiere only use 4-6 cores.

ITT: angry intel shills

Attached: intel pig.jpg (267x297, 24K)

t. sempron poster
It's weird to see amdfags piss on intel buyers for having better performance. It's like the dumbest thing I've seen on >>Jow Forums.

>No hyperthreading
Gotta combat those security exploits somehow I guess.

Don't buy intel bros they only give you better performance.

Oh we don't argue it has better performance. But at what cost? 70% more for the CPU and 200% for a decent cooler for marginal performance gains that's what.
But enjoy your 'victory'. It won't last long.

Yeah. Would be nice but honestly don't need more than 8 cores.

Ya'll shintelfags must be feeling pretty fucking stupid now cuz yall systems can run softwares pretty good.

>Better performance
At making housefires

>at what cost
9900k cost as much as the 1800x. Only dumbasses buy amd products without waiting for the eventual price drops though.

>I have no argument so I have to resort to out and out lying instead.
Here's your (You)

>not including the eventual cpu upgrade for slightly better stability, and amd stylized "performance" gains.

does the intro of this guy's videos make anyone else irrationally angry?

>lying
1800x launch wasn't that long ago my always forgetful amd pal with very selective memory.

>Has to buy a new motherboard and industrial chiller to run the 9900K optimially.
>Meanwhile I can just drop Zen 2 into my motherboard and go.
Intel shills really are stupid.

>Meanwhile I can just drop Zen 2 into my motherboard and go.
Lel. Buys more to save more.
>still doesn't perform that well.

>Past product launch = current market
I knew you was going to say that retard.

Attached: Intel Inside.jpg (800x420, 63K)

9900K costs 70% more.

>I knew you was going to say that retard.
Yet you pretended to not remeber.
Current market:
9900k outperforms what was previously available, and release it at the newly introduced price segment (thanks amd), amd drops prices.
Hurr fuck intel they released a better performing product at the price point that amd got away with ripping some people off at.

see
>It's weird to see amdfags piss on intel buyers for having better performance. It's like the dumbest thing I've seen on >>Jow Forums.
It's so fucking hard to cope bruh.

Now read why capping it to 95w TDP is retarded
anandtech.com/show/13544/why-intel-processors-draw-more-power-than-expected-tdp-turbo

It would not even exist had AMD not stepped up to the plate. You only get your Intel housefire because AMD pushed Intel to actually do something after sitting on 4 core 14nm++++++ for 10 years. Be greatful you insolent pleb.

It will be OK. Just wait(tm) for 10nm. Including new motherboard socket.

The 1800X did not cost 500$

Humor him. He's retarded afterall.

Honestly the state of incel shills on this board has become so sad.

They've been reduced to trying turn the x86 CPU industry into a competition between lifestyle brands, making unfalsifiable FUD claims, repeating repeatedly debunked lies, and calling anyone who attempts to do empirical testing that doesn't blatantly favor Intel an 'AMD shill' as if there's some massive conspiracy to doctor test results to make Intel look bad.

Incel shills are already approaching Bulldozer-era AMD defender tier levels of flat-earther denialism and Zen 2 hasn't even been released yet.

I shall shitpost like the God Zeuss firing lightning bolts from mountain high when Zen 2 launches. It's going to be fucking hilarious watching Intards try to find something...anything, that they can posit as a negative against Zen 2. Already all they have left are insults. Facts be damned.

>replies 89
>posters 27
So are the same 3-4 shills arguing?

>70% more expensive thanm Ryzen 2700X for no more than 15% performance
That's the elephant in the room nobody seems to be willing to mention: The price. The Threadripper 1920X is currently a lot cheaper than the i9-9900K. The Ryzen 7 2700 is half it's price.

And that's why I find statements like these to be quite funny,
>He's obviously shilling for AMD
..because it's more like he's trying to make Intel's consumer side of things look as horrible as it really is right now. Comparing a CPU with one that's barely more than half it's price as if they are equal choices is just silly yet that's what he is doing. Any Youtuber actually shilling for AMD would just point to the price-tag.

>ITT

Attached: 1516249244842.jpg (630x630, 43K)

INTELBROOOOOS WE CAN'T LET THIS ANTISEMITIC COMPANY WIN

Attached: 1541814497947.jpg (1098x894, 117K)

The downfall of Jewtel was inevitable, it is said that even if good does not triumph over evil, evil will always undo itself eventually.

Hyperthreading is a meme and has been known to hurt performance in some cases and cause stuttering in games. No game needs Hyperthreading.

>1950X
Game mode?

Hyperthreading is a trademark you underage meme dipshit

Does it? Is it even available?

Attached: firefox_2018-11-10_10-55-23.png (462x259, 17K)

Ryzen has a known issue issuing draw calls and FP throughput (in certain circumstances). That's why fallout sucks on ryzen too. Zen 2 should fix it since they're claiming big reduction to latency and improvement to throughput