Is it possible to build a microcomputer like this?

Is it possible to build a microcomputer like this?
>tiny little thing that pretty much just looks like a usb/microusb female-to-female adapter (pic related but imagine the normal usb side didn't stick out like that)
>charge the battery with an everyday phone charger in one end
>plug a storage device into the other end
>unplug the charger when charged, hit power button
>chip boots and mounts rootfs from some internal storage, tries to detect and mount additional filesystem(s) from the external storage
>starts an ssh server, an html server with php support, and an sql server
>webroot is the filesystem mounted from external storage (if multiple mounted fs's from external, use label names as subdomains or something, and then maybe have a configurable fallback main index page loaded from internal storage that by default just detects and links to said subdomains)
>doesn't connect to the internet because it's supposed to be for on the go so how would you have an internet to connect to
>instead starts broadcasting like a router
>doesn't use security by default but you could change that
>clients have to connect directly to it to get to your website
>configurable hostname and ssid but if one isn't specified then it's based on the other one (e.g if hostname is MomsHotAss.com then ssid would incorporate that somehow like MomsHotAss-server)
>since the device has no internet access, its own portal is the only website in its dns, and would also be opened up automatically when you connect to it
>pressing the power button again cleanly shuts down the server, holding it shuts it down by force

So TL;DR: a compact battery-powered portable web server that can work without an external Internet connection

It seems possible but mainly interested in how feasible / affordable it would be to pack the necessary components into a very small volume and mass produce them

Also would anyone give a shit

Attached: lole , , ,.png (204x192, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:zsun-wifi-card-reader
twitter.com/AnonBabble

feasible, already a thing

just slap a battery on an ESP8266 and you're pretty much there for hardware

Intel Compute Stick

just get a raspberry pi zero

Yes.
Only a watt budget, and a 5v DC budget.
Next question.

HERE IS YOUR $5 ALL IN ONE COMPUTR

I want a tiny computer that can run on a battery for like a year or so. Is that possible?

All it has to do is be a proxy.

Get a stack of 365 iPhones.

No I want to leave it somewhere with WiFi for a year and have a proxy for that year without having to plug it in.

it's possible but it wouldn't be very powerful

These already exist, though?

Buy 20g magnesium and 20g solid hydrogen on amazon, then mix them together. Put them in the oven and bake them until they solidify into a battery. Take any 3 pronged power cable and cut it in the middle. strip back the line and neutral and connect these leads to your battery while plugging the 3 prong into a wall socket. Let the battery charge for 10 minutes and voila you now have a battery that will last 4+ years without needing charge.

From here you would just install it into your helicopter or whatever device you want, and enjoy the longest battery life technology currently offers for 1/10 the price.

Or it will be very slow or it will burn like a motherfucker.

>an sql server
>not pronouncing it like 'sequel'
Found the virgin.

I have a zsun. They're breddy gool.
wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:zsun-wifi-card-reader

Attached: zsun-wifi-card-reader-memory-extender-wireless-storage-flash-drive.jpg (800x823, 33K)

>Local man flattens city block in a self-made "battery" device accident

this

cool, where to buy?

Stopped making them, only ones on ebay are a different brand's identical product but at 3x the cost.
I ordered some similar devices off Aliexpress and am hoping they'll have similar guts, not ESP shit

The only difference between pic related and what you posted is an internal battery, and you can buy versions of pic related with batteries, or just plug it into a powerbank.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 12.06.33 am.png (1177x473, 187K)

Ignorant child spotted.
Please, leave.

See

>solid hydrogen
Lol wut

They need an app to operate though?

See Runs OpenWRT, you can config it to do anything you want, even what's posted in OP verbatim.

oh nice

It's bigger but related. Thing's intended to basically be a portable NAS sharing either a connected USB device, an SD card, or both, so it's already got a web UI for configuring that (media needs to be accessed through an app iirc) and also for configuring it to work as a Wi-Fi network bridge. I believe it works as a Wi-Fi-USB bridge as well. It's got a MIPS 24Kc processor and already runs Linux 2.6. You can telnet into it for root access and from there you're golden. I got mine for ~$10 at Walmart a few years ago

Attached: DaneElecmediastreamer.jpg (333x245, 6K)

Should've screencapped /proc/cpuinfo as well. I will next time I find it

Attached: DaneElec.png (602x418, 29K)