Do you pay for Microsoft Office?

Do you pay for Microsoft Office?

Attached: microsoft_werd.jpg (394x500, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s1000d.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no, what do you take me for?
a slave?

Attached: 1402428199869.png (1024x712, 168K)

$5 though the Home Use Program through work. Got sick of all the foreign-language options on the right-click context menu on all the cracked versions I've installed recently, even after choosing English at every prompt.

No, I don't use any of Microsoft's software.

>Microsoft Office
Just use LibreOffice. Microsoft hasn’t added anything but bloat for twenty years.

>LibreOffice
Just use Emacs.

>Just use LibreOffice.
Lmfao, we are not McDonalds employees.

This. Only retards need an office suite.

yes you do via taxes
who do you think pays for all the gubmint pcs

libre office breaks formatting for msoffice crap for no reason :(

Supposedly older versions of Office work fine on Windows 10. I have a copy of Office 2010 I got for $10 from university which I plan on using if I upgrade from Win7.

I got a free license from my uni

This
especially>>
spreadsheets6844
3628□

And Jow Forums posts, apparently

@68443699_(You)

Attached: 1491781000597.jpg (591x633, 37K)

Yes, older versions seem to work fine.

Attached: wordms.png (1600x900, 67K)

it just ms works

Use MS Office 2003 with compatibility pack. Couldn't care less.

it costs basically nothing and you get 1TB of onedrive storage, only extreme poorfags would not be paying for it in current year

no because i don't want them to know who i am

I have not paid for any software in 15 years.

No I use Google docs.

good goy

No, my school gave me a license for it. I still use LibreOffice/TeX though because muh autism

>paying for pajeet software

Attached: rms_book.jpg (492x640, 73K)

Yes,my secretaries would accomplish nothing without it.

Pay me $300/wk, and I'll consider using that useless, buggy garbage. No promises though, and subject to regular upward revision.

Emacs

You spelled VIM wrong

Sorry, I'm not a retarded faggot.

yes

Attached: office.png (891x543, 100K)

desu other people pay for Office for me. I am going to college on the taxpayer's dollar and I get a license for Office 365 through my school.

Picture related, it's Microsoft Word - part of the Office suite.

Attached: Capture.png (1322x1031, 98K)

That expires when you graduate right?

Yes, I'd assume so.

But at that point I wouldn't need Office unless I need it for work in which case you'r work will pay for it.

I use libreoffice but I have 20 spare 2007 licenses and 5 or so 2010 licenses. Still wrapped with keys never used.
I got the 30 2007 from a job a friend asked me to help on where we were moving people off Groupwise to Exchange. But then office 2010 was released and they said they wanted that and paid extra so we said okay. I kept the 2007 disk and keys, they got 2010 and migration went 100% and all was happy. Now I just give 2007 disks away like candy if friends or family asks.

Isnt office all cloud based now?

>you get 1TB of onedrive storage
Are you really buying just the 1 person plan? I don't even use office, I just pay for office365 home to get the 6TB of online storage because MS has the cheapest reliable price per GB that I could find.

Just use word perfect. Bruh.

Nice book report bruvva I hope you don’t plan on actually turning that in.

Attached: 1407915541518.png (1098x1513, 531K)

No. This is basically how I edit documents, markup in vim + mupdf for a preview.

Attached: ICN-S1KDTOOLS-A-000000-A-KHZAE-00002-A-001-01.png (1920x1061, 200K)

never have never will

This looks like an overly verbose way to do everything LaTeX can do.

Disgusting

never have, never will.

Why would I. I just use Oracle Open Office!

cute
i use '07 and '10 tho.
this is the stupidest shit i'[ve ever seen
do you guys really trust (((online))) """""""STORAGE""""" ? do you really want chinks to have naked pictures of your girlfriend and shit?

Yes because it costed me 10 bucks

> software
> pay

Attached: 1539751943904.jpg (317x267, 6K)

this is beautiful..

What's better, latest LibreOffice or fully patched Office 2007?

In a shallow sense, sure. But it isn't quite in the same category as LaTeX. The actual typesetting part is a separate technology, and while in this example I'm using XSL-FO and Apache fop to produce the PDF, you could also use LaTeX or groff.

The actual markup schema is this: s1000d.org
I can't really give an example of something this can do that LaTeX potentially can't, or vice-versa. For me, it's more about it being a standard format in the industry I work in, like LaTeX is for academia. Plus, most of the spec is about organization of documentation, not typesetting it. You can adapt all of the XML bits to LaTeX macros.

No. All you need on OSX is a corporate serial and you're cracked for life.

>trust
Everything is encrypted via rclone.

>Do you pay for Microsoft Office?

Yes Sir, I am an honest Swiss citizen.

Proof pix. rel.

Attached: ez_2bc.jpg (1000x496, 61K)

I still have the copy of Word 97 I made my parents buy for me in middle school

>muster
You only fooling Yanks.

Attached: 1514343183001.png (1600x1600, 14K)

2007 had quirks with outlook. Patched currently I think it does better than Libre when it comes powerpoint. In all honestly with hard drive sizes today, just install Libre as a secondary.

My old university license still works

When it stops working I still have it on my business laptop

I'm never going to give a dime to M$

No, I pirated iWork 09

iWork is free now.

I know, I got '09 so I can work on my PowerPC machines too

Attached: 1529480964138.gif (400x400, 1.48M)

About 15 yrs ago, I managed to buy an Office 2007 blue version for some $5.

Now, I use 2013 on Win 7 & 2010 on XP.

>Get my stuff from the Bay.

yes, $3 for a code from ebay.

my school district did.

No as it's nonfree software and wont run on linux

This

Attached: firefox_2018-11-11_12-23-55.png (1402x340, 20K)

PSA: Good Docs is AIDS. I'm a teacher/tutor and all students these days seem to use it exclusively, but (iirc) it lacks an in-build thesaurus, dictionary, and grammar check/aids so their writing is a lot worse than it would be using Word (which has the nice pop-up synonyms and an OK grammar check if you turn it all ok).

*google docs

Yes, I paid my uni tuition and got office, so technically I paid office 365.

>Unlimited Drive storage
How much does it cost?

refund and get 2019

Why the fuck you want to buy it? Just download latest decent 2010 version from rutracker and activate with kms auto lite

1 dollar on ebay

Attached: wordcucks.png (1248x702, 743K)

Office 365 from uni, so no.

i know wagies. They get official licenses from their companies for a self-reported amount of gadgets.
I have an ample supply.

>paying for microsoft products

No. Why would I *PAY* for M$ Office when there is a FREE, DOWNLOADABLE LibreOffice??

>Bloatware durr hurr

Yeah, Microsoft is totally not buggy and totally not bloated either.

>Feeturs durr hurr

Who are you trying to fool, faggots. ANYTHING you do in Word you could do it in HTML, and you don't use ANY of the other Office applications.

Enjoy making Darth Gates even more richer.

No LaTeX is free, why would I pay for an interior product?

>He doesn't use Latex
Embarrassing.

I could be fine with Office 2007 for life. The one thing I absolutely hate about 2013+ versions is that they require a background service constantly running (officeclicktorun.exe). It's supposed to let them "stream" updates under my nose and somehow let them run Office in a virtualized environment (what the hell?), and they stopped providing the traditional .MSI package. Oh, and they also dropped ClearType, so words look blurry in Word (big fail there, MS).

In my case, I graduated last February yet it still works. I wonder for how long it will.

You get it from uni or your workplace OP. You *are* in education or enjoyment right?

>not just removing .bash_history, typing every line out as a command and renaming .bash_history to the file you wanted to create

I used KMSpico to activate my copy yesterday.

I gladly would if they offered older versions for less money. Word/Excel 2003? Sure. That new stuff? No, thanks.

Rebranded Office 97 should be a Windows 10 feature anyway.

triple double, nice. my first.

How do you ensure that none of your emails are routed through an Exchange server?

>their writing is a lot worse than it would be using Word
What? If they can't decently write without computer aid, they can't decently write, period.

I've been abusing the free O365 enterprise plus subscription that you could get through MSDN if you were a Bizspark member. My bizspark subscription ended like 2 or so years ago and everything I read indicated the O365 subscription would expire... except it didn't. No credit card on my account and I get billed like normal but the bills just say $0. Don't even use office outside of the rare ocurrence that I'm working on something with a lot of calculations and Excel makes it a bit more efficient. When pajeet finds my rogue subscription and throws it in the loo I'll just learn something else.

Attached: haha.jpg (457x600, 58K)

I use a cracked version of SoftMaker Office 2018.
Its a german copy of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, but its faster, less botnet and less bloat. Unlike Libreoffice or WPS office its really 100% compatible with MS Office files
Still wont pay for proprietary software.

Attached: chess.png (427x519, 341K)

I have been cheating my way through university bulk subscription programs for 10+ years now. As much as I hate it (and I really use it professionally EVERY day), there is no usable alternative. Capitalist efficiency

It's all fun and games until someone sends you a docx.

I get it for free from school

>not starting a new line after every full stop, comma, passage, etc.
>Hints for Preparing DocumentsMost documents go through several versions (always more than you expected) before they are finally finished. Accordingly, you should do whatever possible to make the job of changing them easy.
>First, when you do the purely mechanical operations of typing, type so subsequent editing will be easy. Start each sentence on a new line. Make lines short, and break lines at natural places, such as after commas and semicolons, rather than randomly. Since most people change documents by rewriting phrases and adding, deleting and rearranging sentences, these precautions simplify any editing you have to do later.
>— Brian W. Kernighan, 1974

Keep believing that, unemployed incel. Only jobless fuckwits DON'T need an office suite.

Office monkies who punch numbers are brainless retards.

There hasn't been a good version of Office since 2003.

I don't use email.

the absolute state of Jow Forums