Core progress is so boring lads. 4790K still beats most new processors

Core progress is so boring lads. 4790K still beats most new processors.

Attached: file.png (971x764, 266K)

> single thread performance
go back to 2001

>yet another intcel cope/rationalisation/sour grapes thread
You wasted your money, we get it. Learn from the experience, and move on.

> I'm a brainlet with the delusion the only purpose of a processor is to compile gentoo.

Single-threaded performance will always be important on interactive applications. They can't do everything with a GPU.

>passmark
>a software suite that literally only updates to support newer Intel instructions

OK, keep living in the past, dude. See if we care. Personally, I've always found it funny that intcels are always accusing amdrones of trumping up synthetic benchmarks, yet here we are - some guy who wants to pretend SMP doesn't exist. Dude, none of us are running Windows 9x anymore.

Who's "we"? You're not important enough to make such statements.

> The future is the delusion that the only purpose of a processor is to compile the linux kernel.
Stop being inane. Single-threaded performance will always be critical; not everything can be mapped to SIMD like a graphics processor.

>puts crying amd wojak in OP
>not talking about amd oh no no no what gives you that idea
This is why people think you're a retarded faggot, loser.

>take
>change some words slightly
>submit as a new post
Wow, I thought it was just a meme. These NPCs really do have shitty programming and repetitive output.

didn't see the wojak, the mockery is nevertheless deserved

When you are a brainlet twice, you get the response twice.

>pissmark
Intel shills are so desperate that they post stats from the worst benchmarking website in the world that no one ever tests or quotes

Attached: ipc.png (674x800, 53K)

IPC is worthless. The "C" is not the same.
4GHz to 5GHz is TWENTY PERCENT.

> I'm a brainlet with the delusion IPC being equal means equal single threaded.
Your worthless Ryzen being able to go 4.1GHz is what makes it suck.

>cinebench single thread @ 3500mhz

Your idiocy aside Jow Forums also forgets IPC isn't static as it is workload dependent.

How much more brainlet can you get?
Intels can go 5GHz. You can't.

and the equivalent core count counterparts from intel cost 2.5x as much now. So you're getting 25% more performance for 250% of the price, not including the more expensive cooler to prevent it from throttling.
If the rumours are at least half true then zen 2 will surpass kaby lake in ipc. The clock limitation of the mobile node zen was made on will also be lifted.

>Core progress
iCore progress

Hory sheet! Intel are finished!

Clockspeed doesn't factor into IPC. It is a factor in overall performance.

The shitty-ass processors that spooked Intel so much that they halved their prices and doubled their core counts overnight? The shitty-ass processors that are eating Intel's lunch in the workstation market, and are making excellent inroads into the server space? Are you talking about THOSE shitty-ass processors, user?

>25% more performance for 250% of the price
That's bullshit because it implies compiling Gentoo is equally important to me.
No, for a Desktop user, pure multithreading is very rare to be more important.
Let alone I also want to do emulation. There AMD is totally obliterated.

and it will get a few more point in the next windows 10 update because of new meltdown patches

Then as I said, a listing of IPC is totally worthless and disingenuous propaganda. AMD overclockers can't go above ~4.1G. Intel can.

Because shit-tier shill OP deleted out of embarrassment, here it is again for context:
we weren't even talking about your shitty-ass processors, why so mad?

>Shitty 0.1% usage scenario means everything
Enjoy your EoL Intel CPU's.

>totally obliterated
>by and it costs twice as much
:point-and-laugh-at-tard.gif:

I always knew there was something off about pissmark scores.

Attached: relativeperformancegames19201080.png (500x1450, 95K)

Go back to just posting *crashes adobe* - you're just not mentally equipped to argue at this level, faggot.

>inb4 "gpu bottleneck"

>I play modern AAA trash and i think you need top level modern hardware to emulate the performance of consoles from a decade ago
FTFY

pissmark is a tally of multiple configurations. People with shitty motherboards, memory, inccorectly set timings and other shit. It's an accurate 'innacurate' compiling of peoplpes systems all over the world iincluding dumb chinks, pajeets and slavs. To make an inference from such a shitty compilation of data instead of a closed source system is only useful for seeing how many people have shitty configurations.

>pissmark is a tally of multiple configurations. People with shitty motherboards, slow memory, incorrectly set timings and other shit. It's an accurate 'inaccurate' compilation of peoples systems from all over the world, including dumb chinks, pajeets and slavs. To make an inference from such a shitty compilation of data instead of a closed source system is only useful for seeing how many people have poorly configured systems.

Kinda fixed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INTEL IS 50% AHEAD OF AYYMD HOUSEFIRE POO CPUs DELETE THIS

Next year will be so much fun. When Zen 2 matches or even beats Intels best desktop CPU I look forward to shills responses. AMD is already at 13% market share on the desktop.

Intel shill cope is already at hilarious levels in 2018. Can't wait for the literal Holocaust in 2019, I'll be upgrading my 1700 to a 3700X and putting Intel kikes in the oven.

>pissmark
>the STATE of intlel shills

Attached: 1537419972674.png (1037x311, 340K)

What's next, goybench?

Lets assume the 3700x (or whatever flagship AM4 chip AMD makes) is faster than a 9900k in anything not AVX512 - how many tech reviewers do you predict will actually use it in their subsequent gpu benching? My guess is very few.

everybody except linus

no, you !

3770k masterrace

might upgrade next year

If it's faster in gaming overall you can bet your bottom dollar they will. Intel is only reference for benchmarks for gaming and nothing else really.

>None of us run Windows 9x

user I.......

Attached: 26167799_578955149111835_2968794449843472757_n.jpg (540x960, 79K)

How poor are you?

No it bloody doesn't I had a 4670 went to a 2700x huge fucking difference the old i5 had like 30fps min frame times and stutter out the ass always at 100%

single threaded performance is becoming increasingly irrelevant to me, why should I care about it?

>Another thread died for this

Attached: Optionsfield.png (114x87, 1K)

People still living in the past.

If it is irrelevant to you you shouldn't care. If you use things that don't parallelize and doesn't have hardware acceleration then you should.

It goes to 4.1GHz on a 3GHz mobile SoC process. A fucking node designed for tablets and Roku-like devices. That's nothing short of amazing, and for it to get within 7% of its competition is incredible.

>single thread doesn't matter
>except when AyyMD is on the lead

Classic AMDrone talking point

>always be important on interactive applications

name one thing

The indians gotta earn their rupees to buy the 9900k since their parents won't buy them one lmoa

>intel is so far ahead they had to pay a company to make shitty benchmarks that crippled AMD performance on purpose to show they're so far ahead
OH NO NO NO NO NO

Based and underrated

the wii u came out like 6 years ago but ok

The @ Ghz is bit misleading since the single core benchmark is always goin to be about turbo speed.

At that end, its always whichever has higher clock

. . . something something . . . it's like impregnating multiple women to have a baby be born faster . . .
-an computer man

Here, have (You)s for slight kek.

>8700 = $439.98
>8700K = $358.99
Cool, nice fake graph OP