Helo is it tru the c++ program language is not as gud as the rust program language

helo is it tru the c++ program language is not as gud as the rust program language

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-02 at 22.29.52.png (292x270, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rhx/SwiftGtk
github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/libstdc++-v3/include/std/variant
twitter.com/AnonBabble

every programming language is fine except for THE_ONE_I_HATE. Spend some time in the trenches and you'll find out which one that is for you.

yes. only boomers deal with pointers nowadays and worry about "dropping" the value before they go out of scope.

dont be a grandpa

modern c++ has smart pointers

It also has header files
yuk

yep, both have their place. rust is comfy but very young, c++ is bloated but extremely established. go find out what's right for you, don't take the opinions from here

It's not hard to make something better than sepples.

That's why it's so astonishing that Rustfags failed.

t. brainlet

t. tranny

fuck off back to Jow Forums
>omg the people who created the language have x view and i have y view, therefore language bad!!
grow the fuck up manchild.

Attached: cranky tranny.png (480x189, 97K)

other guy here,

rust is shit tho. the entire eco system is 0.0.01alpha version. it doesn't even have a language spec, like for instance the borrow checker instead of following some rules, basically works as good as the tranny programmer managed to make it. plenty more reasons but I wasted enough time with the language.

the borrow checker is lexical, which isn't great. non-lexical lifetimes are in the nightly build and are almost out.

... even then, if you don't like Rust, yeah that's okay. people don't need to.
go use whatever you want.

just don't be that 1 retard that's never used rust and follows the raw, unfiltered neckbeard autism mob of "some developers are x political view therefore i will hate on this"
that's the type of behavior I expect from THOSE kind of people, who boycott random projects because someone involved doesn't like their views. you're better than that.

The point clearly went over your head. Insults like tranny are just as meaningless and irrelevant to discussion as insults like brainlet.

there are way too many people who hate on rust just because some people involved are that way, but yes both of those words mean nothing

Rust is simply not elegant. Use Swift instead.

Swift is for iInfants, made by iInfants.

Also, Swift runs like shit, and is made by idiots.
See: "Removed increment operator for being too confusing"

>what are modules

while cargos* are a comfy system, it's far from what makes rust as good as it is.

c++ comes from C, the best and most important programming language

Rust, on the other hand, comes from a mix of R and Ruby, two OOP languages for statistics - i.e not useful for anything else

>Rust, on the other hand, comes from a mix of R and Ruby, two OOP languages for statistics
what the fuck are you talking about

>rust
>OOP language
>>>>related to ruby and R

I want what this user is smoking.

>Swift is for iInfants, made by iInfants.
There is no reason to make things convoluted just to make things not easy. This just harms productivity.
>Swift runs like shit
Rust and Swift both use LLVM?
>Removed increment operator for being too confusing
That's literally the one thing that is always brought up. For Swift-Style for loops, you don't even need to do the increment, basically the key use case for the increment operator in other languages.

Still not in the language two published standards after having been introduced.

They had to get to the """important""" stuff first.

rust is OO and based on R

name 1 object *oriented* feature in rust, go ahead.

Rust isn't OO, its traits polymorphism model is most similar to Haskell's typeclasses.

>Rust and Swift both use LLVM?

Do you really believe that means they have the same performance?

what can you use swift for, outside of apple devices? i may actually be interested in learning it desu, but learning the language just to create apple apps (which will more than likely not even get through the screening process to get on the appstore) seems like a huge waste of time

>struct
>trait

This is pathetic.

I guess C is object oriented then.

// struct
typedef struct {
int a;
int b;
} oo;

// impl trait oo::add_ab()
int oo_add_ab(oo *self) {
return self->a + self->b;
}

fucking genius

fn main() {
for i in 1..102 {
match i {
i if (i % 15 == 0) => { println!("{:?}", "FizzBuzz") },
i if (i % 3 == 0) => { println!("{:?}", "Fizz") },
i if (i % 5 == 0) => { println!("{:?}", "Buzz") },
_ => { println!("{:?}", i) },
}
}
}

haskell is shit and bloatware

use a lean and minimal language like c++

That's not how traits work, m8.

there is no official definition for what "object oriented" specifically means faggot.

structs are literally objects. OO is just a style of programming. pretty much every language is capable of doing OOP. whether or not the language encourages it is the question. which in rust's case is definitely true.

yes, it is

>C++
>not bloated

There is linux support, also some GTK support.
Didn't do to much in it yet desu, but it seems quite appealing.
>github.com/rhx/SwiftGtk

You can assign traits to any type, yes, but that's the basic idea, and the C equivalent - a good simplification.

Ignoring the bait, I do not see objects. You can also completely remove the match function and do it with regular if statements. You have clearly never actually used the language.

no, rust has discrete object structures. you don't need to use traits

by definition it is OOP

no its not..

impl means that you can do struct a {} and then a::foo()

There are two basic models that are widely considered to be OOP. They are Smalltalk-style message passing and Java-style inheritance + subtyping.
Rust resembles neither.

show me one example of bloat in the C++ sourcecore

I DARE YOU

yes, and tell me why it takes self if it is not equivalent to the example above.
you can't, because that's what it is. it's namespaced for convenience.

yes it is

don't question me

I have a PhD in computer science from the top univeristy in my city

github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/libstdc++-v3/include/std/variant

If you honestly believe this then... i feel sorry for you

>Java-style inheritance + subtyping.
>what is trait

this is written in c++?

and on if you're about to tell me that you don't dereference with ->, doing it on a reference is the implicit equivalent of (*ptr).member or in rust, (&refname).member

Traits can be used in generics or to make trait objects.

Rust traits are not inheritance. They're not typically used for subtyping, although that is possible.

Yes.

>Yes.
no it's not

>is it true that C++ is not as gud as ?
>yes
Code reusability is a meme, templates are a meme. Fuck operator overloading. Fuck sepples

// This file is part of the GNU ISO C++ Library.
big think

>Traits can be used in generics or to make trait objects.
holy hell, your code must be spaghetti

That's the std::variant header used in C++. Go look.

Template metaprogramming is clever but the way C++ does it is absolute dogshit, applying template before checking if it would even be remotely valid.

I can't read c++, only English, Java and Hindi

>Template metaprogramming is clever but the way C++ does it is absolute dogshit, applying template before checking if it would even be remotely valid.
That's what sfinae is for.

That's what they exist for though. Rust traits can't do anything except be used as generic bounds and trait objects.

I mean it looked like weak bait but that just gives it away, come on user.

>Rust traits can't do anything
stopped reading there - you're finally talking some sense

babby mad cause babby's brain no work on more abstract conceps?

so y has nobody answered op's question yet? is rust better than c++ or not?

>this thread
>the absolute state of Jow Forums

It is better, but not because it's that hard to be better than C++.
Whether Rust is right for you is completely up to you.

wrong, c++ is useless in all cases

I'm starting to agree with you the more I improve at other low level languages to be honest.

is tru

I think it could make a great C and C++ replacement for application development on Linux and Mac.
I think development in Swift is a lot safer and less prone to seg faults and other such issues as in C, (and to lesser extent C++).
Also IBM is supporting it for backend development.

Fuck abstractions, why can't people just program accordingly to how computers actually work? C is truly the last honest to God language left.

Because programmer time is more valuable than computer time. If it were not, we'd all be using assembly.

>IBM is supporting it for backend development.
in which universe is that a positive?

lower*, my bad. C++ is not very low level nowadays is it

abstractions are to simplify existing concepts to make them easier to work with, if performance and to the metal was what we'd all do then we would all program in assembler. the sweet spot between performance and time is newer languages like rust that aim to match that speed at the high abstractions

>Linux
don't you mean gnu plus linux

C is the sweet spot. It's portable and it abstracts away the assembly so you don't have to keep track of your stack pointer autistically.
Anything higher than that is impure and dishonest.

I will disagree but I can respect that opinion. C is a beautiful language as is.

I mean IBM plus Systemd.

> It's portable and it abstracts away the assembly so you don't have to keep track of your stack pointer autistically.
You want Forth.

Rust was bootstrapped in Ocaml. Stupid Jow Forumstard.

>struct
>trait
>oop
what did he mean by this

Either bait, or one of the most retarded people on Jow Forums. Maybe they are a Jow Forumsfag but it could also just be an autistic neckbeard.

what the fuck is an object? a language-handled boxed value? data with behavior? something with family-based inheritance? something with interface inheritance only? a mapping of strings to primitives and objects? any reference type at all? rust is object oriented by meanings 2, 4, and 6 and not by meanings 1, 3, and 5

LISP is true programing language of the gods

yes, you can see that how rust is a main stream language now and totally not meme