>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1541882393914.png (500x387, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/vxLKMZ
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qmy9Bb?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932091
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rPKRRJ
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qmy9Bb
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/X92nCb
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qc7dX
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CqdPhy
pcpartpicker.com/list/JkPND2
youtube.com/watch?v=YMIgXwYx3WQ
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3bwZHh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>LINUS IS AN INTEL SHILL REEEEEEEE

Attached: Screenshot_20181111-142019.jpg (2159x1080, 879K)

Some kind anons helped me with a build yesterday. This would be my final idea:
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/vxLKMZ
My questions are:
should i stick to the Mortar mATX board, or is the Tomahawk ATX better?
Is the GPU manufacturer good, or should i go for something different at that price?
And finally, is the 500W PSU enough?

Linus is a faggot shill whore regardless of Intel or AMD.

Where's the case?

In terms of CPU power delivery, the Mortar and Tomahawk are basically the same thing. Mortar just allows you to go with a smaller case which is a plus. Sapphire is also a solid GPU manufacturer for the most part too.
And finally, 500W should be more than enough for an overclocked RX580 and 2600.

question is, does the GPU still fit without blocking the RAM sticks?
haven't decided on it yet. but will take the cheapest ATX or mATX i can get, once i know which mobo I'll take. I don't care about aesthetics

Is the D2700Q a legit 1440p ips monitor? Looks pretty good. I want the best that's non 144hz, those ones look worse and you gotta play the panel lottery.

Nevermind, the bezels are too damn thick. Are there any super thin bezel monitors around?

>question is, does the GPU still fit without blocking the RAM sticks
Ah, yeah, of course it's not going to block the memory.

>8700k for 319 eur
>put in cart and take to checkout
>says 380
>amazon is actually charging 60 euro import fee
still 80 cheaper than the competition but it stings regardless

should i pull the trigger on de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qmy9Bb?

who else comfy waiting for ryzen2 to upgrade their rig?

Attached: i found this gay image online.png (200x200, 90K)

do it.
why no R7 2700x tho? better performance for less shekel, and AM4 is upgradeable

cpu and ram check out.
motherboard is probably fine
>Crucial - MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
why
> Fractal Design - Define R6 Black ATX Mid Tower Case
why that and not R5 or Define S
>SeaSonic - S12II 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Get GOLD efficiency. Also depending on your video card that may be fine or to little.

> and AM4 is upgradeable
I highly doubt that a person who just build their rig, will want to buy a new CPU before 2020, after which DDR5 will come out and AMD will be moving to a new socket.
You can't just parrot "muh upgrade path" 1-2 year away from it dying.

How much is a difference between 8gb gddr5 and 4gb gddr5. Theres a sale on the gpu I want but the 8gb version is sold out, so should i just buy a different brand or is there really no trade offs with 4gb?

Ryzen is OC'd at 3.9GHz

Do you think I should upgrade anything this Black Friday? Cards are too expensive. Would it be worth it to buy newer CPU?

Attached: Capture.jpg (626x405, 35K)

Corsair vengeance lpx 3200mhz 16gb ram sticks good? Got it paired with my 8700k on the way and wanted it because my CPU cooler is huge

that and the 8700k is just across the board the more powerful cpu(ipc and latency) and intel tends to work very well with nvidia(i will be running my old 970 until the RTX situation clears up and i decide which gpu to buy).
why not? 1tb ssds are really fucking cheap right now.
the R5 is more expensive than the R6 without bringing any advantages.
i'd have to buy a 1080Ti SLI setup to reach the power limit of that psu. but is gold really worth it?

well, thanks then

$500usd is my budget on the graphics card. I've been putting together the parts list for some time now and have increased my gpu budget several times already, but I'd be willing to jump up to 550 usd at most. I was settled on a 1070ti for the longest. but now the 2070 is sitting at just under 500.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932091

It is a super basic model small things that they've forgone to make it cheaper don't really bother me. Such as no backplate nor RGB lighting. Have they gimped this card in any other discernible way? Would I be better off getting the 1070ti or a 1080?

Its getting paired with a ryzen 2600 and will be playing games at 1440p.

>why not? 1tb ssds are really fucking cheap right now.
oh its 1TB, nvm then. I though the price increase was the nvememe

>but is gold really worth it?
Gold is usually as high as I would reccomend for people to go.
>'d have to buy a 1080Ti SLI setup
No mate you must realize that running your power supply at it's maximum rated wattage is inefficient and bad.
PSU are MOST efficient at 50% load. So absolutely TRY to avoid going over 80% of maximum load and below 20-10% load.
Additionally power supplies deliver less and less power over the years.

I'm not saying you should run out and get a 1000W PSU though.

it ultimately depends on what programs you use. if a game for example needs more than 4gb vram then you will get reduced performance compared to the 8gb model.

I just put a 11gb 1080Ti in that rig to see the power requirements and it would put me squarely at 399w. Too much for a 620w psu?

no reason for you to upgrade anything this black friday. Maybe wait for zen 2, but the system is fine.

Redpill me on SATA vs all the other stuff for SSDs.

SATA is standard and self explanatory
NVMe is faster than SATA for certain workloads
M.2. is a formfactor

>399w

>250W (300W for split seconds) for 1080ti
>225 watts for CPU at 5GHz and 165 watts 4.7
So you are looking at 415 to 525 in the worst case. This is just the CPU and GPU. You are being some what optmisitc with 399W.

By my estimates on that 650W is the minimum youd want with that kind of build. With 700, 750W being ideal assuming the 5Ghz 8700k and a 1080TI.

To add to that, the difference between what you have now and a 750W gold sesonic, is like 30$.
It's kinda retarded to get top of the line CPU, GPU, RAM, and all other components and then skimp out on 30$ on the bloody thing that powers all your shit.

1050ti or rx 560 ?

Budget build on gaming and I can only afford the following two gpu

>1050
>570

Which is the better choice?

is zotac or pny good cards?

I'm doing gayming. Do I need NVMe, or is SATA same performance?
sorry for brainlet questions, i have no clue about this stuff

rx 560 or 1050ti

>30 bucks
i wish, it's more like 50€ which is almost double but yeah i see your point. i was just hoping to get the build below 1000, without the GPU of course.

570 any day. much better performance, especially if you get 8GB. can play most stuff on high or ultra high. 1050 can't

they're about the same in performance for games. the former shows improvements for virtual machine related work.

zotac makes good mini gpu cards, but their bigger cards are prone to coil whine.

pny is the only brand nvidia trusts to make their quadro cards, their consumer cards are a mixed bag.

Please rate my build:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rPKRRJ

I basically want a small gaming pc that can comfortably run games at 1080p/ maybe 1440p, and also do all other day to day pc stuff.

and pic

Attached: pic.png (925x569, 49K)

Me.

If you overclock (or even use MCM on a retarded out of """"spec"""" board), 620W isn't enough.
If you don't overclock, it's enough but why did you buy an 8700k then? I bet you were going to put slow RAM with it, too.
>de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qmy9Bb
kek yep, every time.
No point in getting an 8700k without B-die RAM since a 2700X with B-die will outperform it significantly in both gaming and especially so in everything else.
It's pointless to get
>le best CPU
only to gimp it by not giving the best RAM and thus making it underperform the competition.

Also, why the giant ass case ???
I'd get
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/X92nCb easily if 1440p. It's just all around better and more efficient.
But if for some reason you're doing 1080p with a 1080ti, then de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qc7dX will get you that few extra fps for another 50-100w.

But personally, I'd spend less and get a 1070Ti or Vega56, nice 1440p monitor, spend the savings on a 2Tb SSD, and keep that spinning rust garbage out of my desktop, instead of chasing high framerates which many games are incapable of.

The 4Gb has a slightly narrower memory bus which makes it a little slower when something needs the bandwidth. Also some games or applications will use over 4Gb.
But for 1080p gaming, 4Gb is generally enough, especially if you don't have to max settings.
If you want to be able to max almost everything as opposed to a mix of high and maxed, then get the 8Gb.

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rPKRRJ
Too much money for a 1070. That's what a 1070Ti or Vega56 should cost which is ~20% higher perf.
>small
Not exactly small, since that's just a shorter ATX case.
But besides that, it's in the right direction.

Attached: fast vs medium RAM.png (641x2895, 902K)

There have been cheap card sales.

I thought it was the opposite? That their mini cards are prone to coil whine, but their higher end Amp! cards are pretty good.

Read OP.

... RX570 is at least 2x the performance of the 1050.

New to PC building here. I'd originally planned on building an 8700k system, but I'm distracted by the 9700K. Is there really any appreciable difference between the two or am I just throwing extra money down the drain on a CPU that is only marginally better than an 8700k and nevermind the fact that they will both quickly fall into obsolescence by a newer 7nm CPU next year.

Where should I go from a 1050ti? I got a flexible budget but I don’t want to dump it all into a 1080ti.

1070ti

What are some subjectively beautiful yet highly practical mATX cases that aren't huge tasteless chunks of metal?
Something like pic related?

Attached: meshify c mini.jpg (1500x1500, 365K)

Green motherboard means it's lame, right?
All the extreme hardcore boards are black

Attached: x11sae-top.jpg (600x497, 73K)

Anything egregiously wrong with this build? My old PC I built in high school finally kicked the bucket. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but it seems to be a motherboard issue, it works sometimes, but other times it boots and then immediately shuts off and restarts without showing anything anything/powering my mouse or keyboard.

I want to go mATX because of form factor mostly, and I'll salvage my 7970 from my old pc to keep the price down. If there's a graphics card that's a huge upgrade under $300 I might consider it, but I don't play AAA games nearly as much anymore and I can always just get a new card a couple years down the line.

Attached: 2018-11-11 10_54_10-System Builder - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core, Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower - (1189x732, 63K)

>Not exactly small, since that's just a shorter ATX case.
Yeah I know it's big for an ITX, and really I'd sooner go mATX, but I can't find an mATX case around that size, they all seem to be considerably bigger.

give me one reason i should upgrade my i5 6400 with 2133mhz ram. All i do is play muh gayms you shills. It blow ryzen out of the water when they both have the same ram

my i5 2500k at 5ghz is faster than ur shit

>muh b die
how am i supposed to know which bars are b die?
>define R6 giant ass case
543 x 233 x 465 mm is giant especially compared to 409 x 217 x 453 mm?

Just launched ac odyssey what's wrong with this game? I get the same fps in 1080p and 4k and there's no way I'm reaching 55fps average in fucking 4k.

yeah well i run at 50c under max load, and i get 60fps 1080p in every game

>Yeah I know it's big for an ITX, and really I'd sooner go mATX, but I can't find an mATX case around that size, they all seem to be considerably bigger.
Q300L is reasonably small. 33.6l.
If you look at Jonsbo cases, they have much more compact ones under 30l. Though not always available in the US without importing from some smaller retailer.
Thermaltake G3 is full ATX yet only 23l. So only 5l larger than the 18l Cerebus.

>how am i supposed to know which bars are b die?
Doesn't the paste in the OP say that? 3200 CL14 is B-die since only B-die can run at that XMP.

... how is it not giant?? That's an extra 134x16x12mm. 58l vs 41l. Almost 50% larger.
You can fit 3 of those Cerebus cases in the R6. Wheras you can fit 32 core Threadripper and 2 Quadro or Pro cards in the Cerebus...
58l is pointlessly and retardedly huge. I don't know how that's not obvious.

Most people don't like stuttering, hitching, and freezing all the time.
People like when everything runs at a smooth 60fps minimum without a ton of 25ms+ outlier frametimes

What would be the best motherboard for an R5 2600. Regarding OC and such

i experience no stuttering and hitching you shill. ALL of my frametime are 21 to 10 ms

>2.70 GHz
lmao I bet even my i5 2400 is better than his crap

ghz means nothing. You probably think a fx 8350 at 5ghz is a good cpu

B450M Mortar.

... 21 ms is slower than 16.67.
But you're obviously just playing baby games if that's the slowest frametime you get with that setup. Might be fine for you, but it doesn't meet most people's expectations.

i mostly play bo4 these days get 110fps on mp high

>*NEW* clocks don't matter
you heard it first folks incels admitting 5ghz doesn't matter

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CqdPhy
Planning on streaming and playing modern games.
Give me advice
And yes, I will dual channel once I get more cash.

it doesnt for games when my 2.7ghz blows your 4ghz ryshit out of the water

>No point in getting an 8700k without B-die RAM since a 2700X with B-die will outperform it significantly in both gaming and especially so in everything else.
>It's pointless to get
>>le best CPU
>only to gimp it by not giving the best RAM and thus making it underperform the competition.

>No point in getting an 8700k without B-die RAM since a 2700X with B-die will outperform it significantly in both gaming
>significantly
Sure why not, but for an unbiased opinion you should mention that 2700x gets outperformed EVEN harder without B-die RAM. Because Ryzen needs the B-die much more, than an 8700k.

Attached: Elaborate 1.jpg (1689x2213, 843K)

additionally to this, here is a picture comparing the 2700x and 8700k in the "same" class of RAM.

So he is right, if you get the absolute worst RAM with 8700k, then you are doing it wrong.
The Cheap ram, cheap motherboard, went well with 8400. But for 8700k which is a premium CPU, you really should get at least decent tier to B-die tier RAM to not drag it's performance down.

Attached: In case of AMD shill 3.jpg (1696x3480, 1.12M)

>B450M Mortar
but it doesn't have voltage offset right?

my i5 6400 blows a 2700x out of the water even with my bottom of the barrel ram lol

there is literally pic related but mATX, probably the best mATX case on the market right now.

t. define mini C owner

Go on?

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don’t matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 5nm doesn't matter!
>*NEW* TDP doens't matter!
>*NEW* 10nm doesn't always matter!
>*NEW* Cache doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>*NEW* PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!

Attached: 1539398556114.png (500x600, 197K)

>i5 2400
>ryzshit
you heard it first incel cpus are now ryzen cpus lmao

>define mini C
>mini
Not sure how they justify calling it that when it's barely smaller than the full ATX version. If it wasn't for that I'd probably get it since it's great in pretty much every other aspect.

it out performs it
stay ass blasted you spent 100$ more on your cpu and 30$ to cool your housefire while getting btfo'd by 2ghz

holy shit i didn't even look at
>MAXIMUM VIDEO CARD LENGTH 315mm
any 3fan card is going to have trouble fitting into the meshify C

>it out performs it
Do you have any objective data to support your claim? Have you done any tests? How did you reach this conclusion?

What are those monitors called that have low refresh rate but display colors perfectly?

Looking for a new case. Anyone heard of MODECOM? How rigid, durable are their products?
MODE COM D1 DRAKKAR is the one I checked. Kinda cheap, looks decent, and has nice cable hiding capabilities it seem.

Others I considered:
BITFENIX Neos
COOLERMASTER MasterBox 5

Which would be the better choice and why?

Attached: 741040_mode_com_d1_drakkar.jpg (277x553, 36K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/JkPND2

Looking to build a new gaming computer. 1.6k-1.7k is about my upper budget but I wouldn't mind cheaper as well. Would anoyne be able to give good/decent suggestions? my main concern is if the CPU might be a bit overkill or not. Will a 1070ti be able to handle 1080p @ 144hz? Or should I spend a bit more on a 1080? Feels like if i'm getting a 1080 that 2070's are at a comparable price.

Attached: ITS TOO LATE.gif (1280x720, 1.73M)

Still looking for recommendations
I've been using this for 10 years and want to upgrade for 3x 3.5, 2x 2.5, lots airflow and filters because Australia, Full tower
Don't need: 5.25, water cooling features

I'm considering the nzxt h700 and Meshify C
Be quite cases look good, has anyone got experience with them?

Attached: pos.jpg (1280x1024, 75K)

>buy 1070 ti on amazon
>30 dollar mail in rebate
>click form on amazon it's for seasonic parts
>contact support tell them the rebate form is wrong on the product page
>they tell me to contact seasonic to handle any rebates with them

globalism is amazing

watch this youtube.com/watch?v=YMIgXwYx3WQ
he only gets 10 fps more while having a rx 580, and i have a rx 470 so if we had same gpu i would beat him

yes
getting an intel cpu over a ryzen

I'm dead set on upgrading to a TR 2950X but I don't have additional 8 pin EPS on my PSU. Will it work with a single 8 pin EPS/ATX power?

shill

What should I get then?

Pic related. Wonder start.
Not only that but it's just a video running, doesn't show what the 1% minimums are or even a frametime graph.
Not only that, it only shows the 2700x, I doesn't compare a 6400 with the same system.

>he only gets 10 fps more while having a rx 580, and i have a rx 470 so if we had same gpu i would beat him
Please man, this is soooo wishy-washy. Lot of guessing, imprecise measurements.
You can't use this to arrive at an objective conclusion.

Attached: nice percise testing.jpg (386x176, 18K)

What's wrong with speccy?

i already tested my 6400. I dont need some youtube "e-celeb" amd shill to tell me what it can do. If you followed my original posts you would know that the ram was irrelevant because i myself am using 2133mhz. If i had bought 3200mhz back in 2016 i would of got ryzen

>i already tested my 6400
Cool post your frametime graphs, your minimum, 1% minimum FPS.
> I dont need some youtube "e-celeb" amd shill to tell me what it can do.
Then do your tests, don't use their youtube footage and produce results.
I'm not even an AMD shills btw, I'm the guy who regularly shits on the AMD shill with the compilations.
But if you are going to claim your 6400 is better than 2700x I rather you produce some objective data rather than "Yeah muh gut feeling tells me so".

lol I was right 7 year old 2400 is better than his trash 6400 lmao.

Attached: file.png (1722x662, 641K)

3 fps difference is within margin of error

>But for 8700k which is a premium CPU, you really should get at least decent tier to B-die tier RAM to not drag it's performance down.
So is this de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3bwZHh alright or not?

>lol I was right
Who exactly are "you"???
Currently it's me, asking him questions, and the guy telling me his 6400 is better than 2700x.
Who the fuck are you exactly?

OVERCLOCK HEADROOM

You shouldn't look at averages that much, Minimums paint a better picture.

That power supply should do it alright.
Any particular reason for a M2 format ssd though over a normal sized SSD?

Lastly I am not 100% sure the motherboard is the best, Highly suggest you look into the VRMs and such.

>min 45/34
>3fps difference
LOL incel is having a meltdown

oh.

I dunno, he is acting pretty retarded to the point where he is setting himself up to be beaten on by amd shills. Not entirely sure he isn't false flagging.