/hpg/ - Headphone General

Multibit magic edition

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: D8C9977F-EE6B-4D36-A754-141D4C3FFCC3.jpg (600x500, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/SMSL-M6-HIFI-DAC-Amp-AK4390EF-Decoder-Headphone-Amplifier-Asynchronous-Multifunction-with-32bit-384kHz-USB-Optical/32829088175.html
hifishark.com/search?q=stax 3100
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones
gearbest.com/headsets/pp_009726999404.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one laughs at your shitty jokes, OP

>Budget
up to 300€ (flexible)
>Location
Europe
>Source
Going to buy a DAC/Amp combo as well, was looking at the 02+odac
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfort is extremely important
>Sound signature
Perfect for my anime music, also some house
>Past headphones
Takstar Pro 80

Something with good isolation. I wanted to get the QC35 / So(n)y WH-1000XM2 initially, but please tell me there's another way for not having to listen to their retarded voices..

Attached: 1530155201786.jpg (600x458, 64K)

don't post in this shitty troll general

Are the AliExpress Amp/DAC combos really worth it? I thought chink always took a hit in build quality.

Honestly, there aren’t that many good closed headphones in that price range. I’d probably look at DT770.

What's the HD 600 of beyers?

topping makes quality shit

Just get Topping DX3, it is the new boss of value combo units. Measures on the A minus tier and comes with a remote, not bad for under 200 dollars.

Amiron Home, the less-known cousin of DT1990. It’s a bit more relaxed than most Beyers.

Did I make the right decision?

Attached: hd58x.jpg (640x748, 175K)

HERE WE FUCKING GO! AND I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I'M BUYING A PAIR OF HD600 THE DAY I GET THIS ON THE MAIL!

Attached: HERE GOES NOTHING.png (719x593, 81K)

How does it compare to schiitstack 3?

>$600
why is it so expensive?
Is there anything else as good made from beyer under $300?

They're cheap and clampy but they sound inoffensive.

Should be extremely close, it’s just that you get a nice volume display, a remote, and don’t have to support two American conmen when buying it.

No idea man but if you do get them can you do a review of them on here?

Attached: sweaty.png (640x604, 237K)

Most Beyer stuff is really V-shaped in their frequency response, but 880 is the most neutral one from their cheaper offerings. Still not as neutral as HD600, though.

is it better than a O2+Odac?
I'm willing to spend more if there's anything that would fit my description. What would be the best in the next price range? TH X00?

>880 is the most neutral one from their cheaper offerings
>Most Beyer stuff is really V-shaped in their frequency response
Avoiding sound signature... If I get my first audiophile headphones should I just spring for something like the 770? or go straight to the HD 600 for a reference?

Not even sure what sound signature I like.

If you want audiophile headphones, get Stax.

>up to 300€ (flexible)
>Going to buy a DAC/Amp combo as well, was looking at the 02+odac
so you're going to spend another 150-200 ontop of that 300 EUR? just get STAX

Is this a tier below the dx3?

aliexpress.com/item/SMSL-M6-HIFI-DAC-Amp-AK4390EF-Decoder-Headphone-Amplifier-Asynchronous-Multifunction-with-32bit-384kHz-USB-Optical/32829088175.html

>If you want audiophile headphones, get Stax.
my wallet can't :(

Yeah, it should be better than O2 and ODAC. O2 amp is still fine, but nothing exceptional, and ODAC is just outdated.

Grab HD6XX from Massdrop, it’s a safe pick. Beyerdynamics are kinda risky choices because their treble is so damn bright that it can be fatiguing and even painful to listen to.

>open
>1000€ more
can't tell if retarded general meme or brain damage

I can acksually get the HD 600 for cheaper. What do you think vs HD 6xx?

Just saw the massdrop. Why not buy the 6XX? Should be cheaper?

also,
Why not $50 more for the 6XX?

Is something wrong with them, that I don't know of? Kinda hurts to see them for $199 when I paid 320 eur for my 650

Dumb normies can't handle based Beyer.

think before you speak. srs-3100 is 570-650 EUR new

hifishark.com/search?q=stax 3100

>Why not $50 more for the 6XX?
Because they're $50 more?

Also so far my plan is to plug directly into the PC. I've been told I'll likely get better results with a 58x than a 6xx.

been listening to my set of 58x for most of the day. Would say you made a good decision.

DT 770 shill here, I can still stand HD 600, just got to crank the bass up. Not that I should have to! Unfortunately, Stax and SACD seem endgame right now, but let's see what Gen Why contributes?

I think I heard some reviewers saying the 6xx is more sensitive and needs a good dac+amp I think...

What are they like user? How light are they, comfort level? Sound?

>Just saw the massdrop. Why not buy the 6XX? Should be cheaper?
They have completely different sound signatures, the 6xx are more like the 650, a warmer sound. What I want are the no bass, no treble HD600s.

Attached: distilled fidelity.jpg (953x720, 470K)

That's precisely the point. I'm not convinced I want to buy a DAC/Amp yet, I'd rather put my Z370 Extreme4 motherboard to the test first, and the odds are in the 58x's favor.

Who knows, later down the road when there's another drop, I may get the 6xx one day.

Just get the cheaper one, both are good. HD600 is a bit more neutraler and Hd6XX/650 is a bit darker, but ultimately it’s a very small difference.

fair point

Attached: HD600 yurucamp.jpg (699x720, 44K)

Reminder that strong bass gives you tinnitus.

Should I be sorry for the fact that I don't want to drop too much money on a headset I'm only going to use in the gym?
I was born in this shithole not but choice, I am as far away from religion as you can be and most of the people here are as well, so please stop acting so racist, never thought I was going let anons make me feel this way :(

Attached: jews.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Attached: 1539305197004.jpg (500x691, 349K)

>my people have suffered!
>my people

Attached: 1540984927151m.jpg (943x1024, 53K)

weight and comfort are the same as all of the hd 600 line. Just like others that I have owned clamp is tight as fuck until you bend the headband out and have 15ish hours of head time to break in the pads.

For the sound I have done the felt mod on the back of the driver and they sound good. Decent bass extension with even mids and highs. Dynamics are really good and soundstage is about the same as the 650's

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones

Thoughts?

its okay, its not your fault its your people fault for being nation wreckers!

Oh for the headphone just get Koss PortaPro for that retro look

I've heard about q/a issues on these. Mainly with the cables in the cup rattling and the headband glue coming apart.

>Should I be sorry for the fact that I don't want to drop too much money on a headset I'm only going to use in the gym?
If you are going to use them in the gym, then you can probably use them like beater headphones. I don't know what the fuck you like but look into the Tin Audio T2s, Meizu HD50 and Koss KSC75.

Attached: 1538268636933.jpg (749x1000, 127K)

still open though? I have a normalfag issue over here and need good isolation

look at this ass blasted faggot

Attached: 12134213123213.gif (371x209, 392K)

buy $5 IEMs

No Sir, LIFE gives you tinnitus. It's about how much enjoyment you can get out of it.

Attached: Lies.jpg (320x157, 11K)

so it was brain damage after all

Yeah me too. I think the HD 600 can handle my motherboard from reviews
HD 600 it is then!

Idol trash here. Multibit indeed.
What's your setup like, user?
>topping dx3 on its way

Attached: 1518946182804.png (720x549, 145K)

Attached: 1244131056951.jpg (480x600, 38K)

Don't listen to them user and don't listen to these jewish fucks. They just want you to screw your life over buying overpriced headphones when you don't need any.

If you are going to do a workout honestly I would just get some some cheap earbuds because you are going to get sweaty and mess up any other headphones. If you want to use headphones at home, get SHP9500 if for $60 and under. uhhh there aren't too many headphones.

Honestly if you can go in a headphone store and test out headphones for $50 and under just look for the comfortable ones. I don't know many at that price but the SHP9500 I heard has good comfort.

congratz
Wat
I already have the T2s, I'm looking for a relevantly cheap sweatproof wireless headset for the gym. Should I up budget for the Jaybirds?

Attached: 1541093106083.jpg (800x1200, 150K)

GAS THE JEWS

Attached: 1541022702273.png (538x538, 155K)

based and redpilled

Attached: eJwVyFEOgyAMANC7cABgVEvxCMsu0SCpJioEuq9ldze-z_cz336YxWyqbSzOrfvIta92aO0sxUqtchRu-7C5no5VOW9nuXS44GnC (600x452, 374K)

Been a while since I visited this shithole.

Is the HD600 still the best headphones in the world?

I spend thousands of dollars on new peripherals every year yet I'm stuck with this old 90s shitty headphone. Hell I just bought a G Pro wireless the other day.

Headphones are a stagnant technology.

>two away
so close user

Attached: 1530449003349.jpg (600x534, 80K)

We like the old 90s stax now.

>Headphones are a stagnant technology.
correct, stax have been on top for 80 years now

STAX is only good with the DF equalizer, else it sounds like a muddy piece of shit.

Au contraire, the DF equalizer completely ruins it.

>else it sounds like a muddy piece of shit.
hahahaha stop thinking you can read graphs you retard

>we

Attached: 1463743901669.png (460x528, 293K)

The DF EQ is also available on the net now if it is so essential.

cool it with the erosemitic pictographs

>just listen to them with your ears dude xD

I've listened to them and looked at the graphs. The graphs are mostly right but they don't account for individual differences.

if you think stax are muddy after listening not only do you have a defective brain but defective ears as well

It always has been and most Lambda models are similar anyway, well last time I checked. A lot of people would prefer the stock colored sound anyway since it perceptibly sounds like it has more bass.

>The graphs are mostly right
if you knew how to read graphs you wouldn't think they are muddy. then again I guess I am expecting too much from someone who still reddit spaces

Attached: 1541896450809.png (3760x4984, 1.6M)

Stax are overpriced. Never owned an HD 600 or anything high end besides gaymur headsets. Once I do I'll get it I'll do a review and repaste it here coming from someone that barely knows about headphones.

>Stax are overpriced.
>Never owned an HD 600 or anything high end
ok then buddy thanks for the input

>Stax are overpriced.
Even someone like myself can easily say that. Quit shilling.

STAX Lambdas lack lower treble.

>muh reddit spacing
>citing garbage from Ambien

Protip: STAX Lambdas have nothing to do with free field equalization. And the ER4 is actually an example of a high fidelity solution unlike STAX garbage.

you graph readers crack me up

>Even someone like myself can easily say that.
Sure, and I bet you know all about luxury cars despite driving an '07 Honda Civic.
>STAX Lambdas lack lower treble.
That's not what defines "mud", dumbass. Mud = midbass hump.

gearbest.com/headsets/pp_009726999404.html

A dip in one region in the FR emphasizes the rest of the spectrum. Your new is showing.

The DF eq circuit attentuates the 9-11 kHz lower treble region though.

And mud is an emphasis in the midbass region not an emphasis in "everything but the lower treble". Your new is showing.

By lower treble, he means the 2K-4K region. This user has a hard time with words, go easy on him.

Looking for new headphones, are these worth it?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 8.54.23 PM.jpg (1126x1024, 152K)

no, used l700 or sr-007

It's worth about $200. You're paying for the prestige.

I've listened to the actual filter. It adds an unpleasant hifiness to it. It's not fun, and this was with a newer, darker lambda.

How much should I pay for a Stax and which one to get?

>fun
In other words, you enjoy colored headphones, gotcha.

Don't buy Stax, it's a meme.

Get SRS-3100 or SRS-5100 if you have more to spend.

This was an insult in 2015.

Yes, listen to the other user who owns beats, those are way better for your money. Doctor Dre made them!

Why don't you have in-ear canal earphones?

Attached: iec.png (794x586, 542K)

How does the HD 600 do in gaming?
Single player, multiplayer competitive gaming?

Every canal phone I've tried sounded like 20dB bright in the treble. They just don't work for me.

Wtf is STAX smoking?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 9.04.47 PM.jpg (632x918, 51K)