Is the state of building a /gayming/ pc comfy right now...

Is the state of building a /gayming/ pc comfy right now? It looks to me like RTX has made it really poor value to build a computer unless you go used.

Attached: 2018-09-19-image.jpg (3840x2160, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U93IV8vv5EU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>RTX
>poor value
It's a really good thing that the RTX cards aren't the only ones on the market then. With midrange being flooded with cheap RX570 and 580 Polaris cards being cleared, Vega now priced how it should've been from the start, the "1080 performance matching" 1070ti can still be found for bargain dollars, and multi thread 2600 Ryzens and B450 motherboard combos for under $250, currently it's a great time to build a PC. Nice fake news thread OP.

kinda fucked when companies can't fucking write drivers worth a fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=U93IV8vv5EU
(2070 on latest driver that just came out. does this bullshit on benq .. nvidia is blaming benq and won't do a fuck to fix it.

>monitor works perfectly on every other GPU
>"It's the monitor! Fuck you!"
Yup... RTX is working as intended....

N O T

Yeah its a really shit time if you're looking for decent value

>RTX provides poor value down the entire range
>Vega cards are still $100 overpriced thanks to HBM2
>Polaris and Pascal cards are just too old and despite being cheap are going to be outdated very quickly

Our best hope is Navi from AMD next year. If it doesn't release early in the year then expect Nvidia to keep prices high for an extremely long time.

>>Polaris and Pascal cards are just too old and despite being cheap are going to be outdated very quickly
This is, hands down, the dumbest statement in this thread. And that's saying something.

I hope AMD ditches HMB for consumer cards. Useless shit and expensive. Vega 64 costs 150$ more than it should.

Right, because developers dont get lazy as fuck and dont make unoptimized games

Vega 56 with a oc is all anyone needs right now
Nvidia royally fucked up marketing rtx to gamers

As a former Vega 56 and current 1080 owner Vega is good but it still under delivers its double the price it should be especially for 3+ year old performance its the new midrange
The upcoming 590 is a joke tho.
7nm and mcm very soon if not next year then 202x for sure

What the fuck does that have anything to do with?
>Vega
>3+ year old performance
What?
>its double the price it should be
I didn't realise it was 2017 still.

What would you guys do if you had a 980GTX and wanted to upgrade and have decent performance?

Wait for refresh, go 1080TI or 2080(TI) ?

I'm losing my fucking mind.

this thread is just depressing how fucking stupid Jow Forums is with technology
i got an entire PC for barely $100 that was an i7 2600k, 16gb ram, 250gb hdd, case, psu, motherboard, this year, offa ebay, added one simple video card, and bam, im off to the races for under $300.
yes more storage would be nice but fuck off

get a cheapish used 1080ti before prices rise again. The biggest difference between the 980ti and the 1080ti is that the 980ti breathed fire compares to a 1080ti, so the cooling solutions the 1080ti reference-sized card have is more than sufficient.

basically they don't overheat easily and they work a bit harder. the 10xxti's in particular.

I'm looking to gift a PC to my best friend for Christmas because his old machine died a week ago. He's more of a musician though, so I have to go hard on memory and processor and the GPU can be whatever.
It kinda sucks that memory is so expensive right now, but I'll still probably try and get at least 64 gigs or something. Other than that, it seems like a pretty good time to me to build this thing.

whoever sold you a ~250 dollar pc for 100 dollars is a dumbass, you got lucky, not smart.

I have a 980 ti , there is not a gpu on the market thats got good price to performance to replace it.

i'm in a situation that a 2080 would cost more than i paid for my 980 ti , but has 1080 ti performance , a price to performance i could have had if i bought a 1080 ti 2 years ago.

its a mess.

I have an Asus 970. It runs most things okay if I dial back settings but I don't like dialing back settings and want to run at 144hz (1080p). I also realize if I want to upgrade without buying a shit RTX card I have to do so now while 10xx still exists in stock. Even then, I don't want anything less than a 1080 but can only possibly get a Gigabyte G1 or a shitty MSI Armor. I'd rather have a 1080ti but they're out of stock.

This is all such bullshit.

nvidia is now like ati used to be like
intel is now like how amd used to be like

crazy world

That's fucking shit but the shit all over that guy's monitor makes me sick.

MCM is not happening until Nvidia makes their own infinity fabric or until consoles go MCM. Navi is not going to be MCM so we're at least 6 years away from consoles adopting the tech.

>53 days without RTX or DLSS and counting

GTX 1080 Ti's are no longer being manufactured and prices have risen due to lack of supply. Even used will go up because of it. Nvidia played you all. You only have yourselves to blame for supporting leather jacket man. Same goes for Intel.

To be fair, it's not at all unimaginable that it actually is the monitor's fault even if it's working on all other GPUs. If the monitor implements some part of the specification incorrectly, it wouldn't necessarily be strange if it just happens to work well with some GPU implementations and not others.

Not saying that's actually the case (and even if it were, it doesn't explain why the driver crashes), but it's not like such scenarios are intrinsically absurd.

I was looking at pries these last few days and it's amazing.
A 1080 costs the same than a 2070, a 1080 Ti costs the same as a 2080 (+/- 20€)