What are your thoughts on dual cpu pcs, Jow Forums? Someone gave one to me that has dual LGA771 Xeons

What are your thoughts on dual cpu pcs, Jow Forums? Someone gave one to me that has dual LGA771 Xeons.

Attached: dual-cpu-motherboard.jpg (628x360, 56K)

Xeon E5462

sucks for gaming, no rgb support
toss it

dose it have rbg? if u fill the ram slots with rgb ram it'll be lit

They're nice if you want shit tons of RAM, pic related. But yours are too old to be worth while.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 7.44.46 PM.png (3360x2100, 467K)

intel - anything before LGA 1366 is literally space heating waste of electricity. anything after LGA 1366 is overpriced because of boomers buying parts for their home servers.
amd - anything before G34 is stone age trash. G34 itself is decently priced in ebay but it gulps way too much electricity compared to competition. you need two """"16"""" core Opterons to outperform an 8 core Ryzen. that is at least 230 Watts of power at average use, that can jump to over 300 Watts on heavy tasks.
as the other user said, if you need tons of cheap RAM, then go ahead and use old dual socketed server motherboards. otherwise just go with a Ryzen.

Attached: 1541614610790.jpg (960x720, 94K)

Most likely a retarded question but why not make bigger cpu and socket for whatever kind of purpose this serves instead?

I wish that the consumer Ryzen CPUs had motherboards with dual CPU slots available. It would be cool to be able to significantly upgrade multi thread performance by buying a second 1600 or 2600.

What do you think Threadrippers and Epycs are? :^)
But seriously, it is easier to design and manufacture two small CPUs that will have simpler pathing to the memory sticks than designing a single big CPU. Also much easier to market since some people just want one processor, while others want that same processor but "twice as good".
AMD will never do that since it will cannibalize from their Threadripper sales.

Multiple sockets are for servers/workstations, not really beneficial for gaming. Gaming usually only needs 4 cores.

But would it be better at gaming than my current Core i3 550?

Can't test it out yet because of the dead psu.

Indeed. LGA1366 master race. New enough to have great features, old enough to be cheap as fuck.

>living in a shithole where watts matter

can I send you junk mail?

>having such a shitbox where you dont care about power at all
i'm using 900 watts right now, things are mostly idle and my 40" monitor is off. if i'm playing vidya this jumps by about 400 watts.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 8.25.38 PM.png (672x822, 87K)

people already do. people love signing up for random accounts without email verification on my hitlerdidnothingwrong.com domain.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 8.26.56 PM.png (2042x968, 409K)

ok, then I won't be an asshole.

based and redpilled.

my gaming rig is 2x x5650s and 2x RX570s in pass through to VMs

shit werks great

this, 1488---I mean, 1366 masterrace

>rgb support
fuck off with your RgayB shit

how much to buy hitlerdidnothingwrong.com from you?

>Server not found
it does not exist, you really though it existed?

>t. domain challenged retard

god you're retarded, pic related

not really looking to sell it so unless you offered me something stupid like $1k, sorry.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 8.45.14 PM.png (1026x848, 159K)

$100.

nope, not interested at all. $100 cant buy me anything i want, and if you look at you can see that things i do want are far more than a $100.

I wish you could use two different CPUs in them. I'd kill to be able to have a high clocked 4 core CPU and a high core count CPU in the same computer.
So you could play games when needed and use the other high core count CPU for actual work.

ah I see you're an intellectual

I've got a couple, they're great.

>Falling for that

>holy shit this dude fell for it

dual X5470 is the best money can buy