CS degree requires Differential Equations

>CS degree requires Differential Equations

Why the fuck do I need to know this shit? Every application shown in class is stuff unrelated to CS like solving RLC circuits with laplace transforms. Fuck this shit.

Attached: 1539187873886.png (447x437, 307K)

Finance
Physics
Mechatronics

Many fields require differential equations.

>Finance
>Physics
>Mechatronics
all unrelated to CS

CS is a math degree, so you have to learn maths you dumb dumb.

Who do you think develops high-frequency trading systems, physics simulations and industrial control systems?

Engineers.

Machine learning is a field that requires differential equations as well as computer science knowledge, for example.

>study subset of mathematics
>complain about it being mathematics

>tfw I'm failing my math class but passing my CompSci class

Attached: 1514441775474.jpg (659x633, 55K)

you think differential equations are difficult? maybe better make that women studies degree

>obligatory gif of the MIT prof. crossing out computer and science in CS intro course

also this back propagation in deep learning is just differential equations

Because mathematics is useful. If you only want to be a "half" computer scientist, then go to some shitty community college.
If not, don't pollute our field, thanks.

Attached: how_to_into_cs_for_povos.png (1068x1142, 178K)

t.brainlets.
If you only want a desk job, why would you take Computer Science degree if you don't do science and engineering.
Calculus and Linear Algebra + Statistics are absolute must in Computer science.
For instruments you use Linear Algebra and statistics, when you have the instrument (sensors for example) you measure variable and how it behave. By understanding how that (the changes) Calculus is very useful. The application would be a control system for example.

Even if you don't do something as grand as a control system, R&D works require it a lot.

For example you want to measure how each wavelengths behave after it hit an object in spectroscopic (or hyperspectral image) analysis, you usually do 2nd degree derivative.

Or in signal analysis, how is it even possible to tell the composition of a signal without calculus (fourier & laplace transform)?

Anyways, CS is very interesting. I'm not a CS major myself, but I learn a lot from them.

How is Laplace even difficult nigga haha just put it in the s domain lmao solve the algebraic expression

this rofl just memorize the transforms

What is your real major then?

There's no more than 12 expressions you will have to memorize. Get an anki deck going.

I'm an mechatronics engineer, but I planned to take a master degree in CS.

>He struggles to memorize.
Do you even have the requisite ASD?

I didn't say it was hard, the course is literally just memorize every transform and formula. It's just a waste of time.

I think watching youtube video is more fun than listen to teachers in University classes.
I'm not very good at memorising the formula so I just visualize the problem first then copy paste formula into the code.

Mechatronics is pretty based, I was going to take that. But, as my aim is to make transhumanism possible, the first step toward that is through biotech. So took GE instead, having CS works well with the bioinformatics portion though.

>statistics
machine learning
>differentail equation
image processing (low/high pass filters, things like this)
ray-tracing
>geometry
2/3D shit
discrete transforms in a pixel space
tensor field
>differential geometry
shape analysis
bioinfo
3D printers
>logic
bit manipulation, basic electronic things

Also it's good to have general math knowledge, it sharpens your mind and train your logical thinking.
If you're not in a really big university (you're not) then math is entry-level even in last year CS.
You won't go in-depth so everything is piss easy as long as your iq is around 100.

>studies applied math
>complains about having to do math

Attached: wojak.jpg (800x800, 72K)

>cs students need to take at maximum 5 math classes, usually less than ME, EE, or AA
>cs is a math degree

Why are cs faggots the most unbearable people out there that think their field is somehow a superset of other fields. You don't see engineers saying they have a math degree, you don't see physics majors saying they have a CS degree or economics majors saying they also have a X degree.
Unless you are taking math classes that have real analysis as a prerequisite, you're not touching math degree classes

Attached: 1513067679808.png (836x1136, 297K)

Come on now, differential equations are easy. It's just fractions, multiplications, and additions.
When I started my CS degree, which I flunked out of two days in, we had to learn how to generate 3D models using C++, then texture, shade, and animate them in OpenGL. Now THAT is the epitome of useless.

Attached: Window_maker_freebsd_screenshot.jpg (1024x768, 203K)

If you don't know linear algebra your CS degree is only good for being a web design monkey.

Attached: giphy.gif (320x240, 2.42M)

Obviously not the cs kids that can't pass calc 2 (ie the majority of them)

I watched the lectures and by god, this is some lulz inducing shit.

So you can pretend to be an engineer.

>back propagation in deep learning is just differential equations
You don't really need any more than calc 1 chain rule shit, although that is admittedly probably too much to ask for a decent amount of computer """science" grads.

What you really need is statistics honestly. Obviously required for machine learning but also it's just universally useful. Even webshitters need it if they want to actually do A-B tests properly and not be a total cargo-culting brainlet

>Why the fuck do I need to know this shit?
It's a retard filter. Lots of degrees have a course that's difficult to ensure idiots don't pass.

>idiots don't pass
>implying Zhang doesn't cheat his way through

Attached: 2AA56DAC586D4F21AA1058C223D9EC54.jpg (1024x976, 102K)

Computer Science is not about computers nor science.

A lot complex mathematical models could be express or compute using lineal algebra and differential equations.

Any engineer or scientific need learn this.