So... what's wrong with Romer-G switches?

So... what's wrong with Romer-G switches?

logitechg.com/en-us/innovation/mechanical-switches.html

Attached: Romer-G.jpg (1200x1200, 320K)

Attached: Actuation time.jpg (1888x1062, 50K)

Nobody?

nvm figured it out

No I haven't...

They feel like better browns, imo
Also, there's a "new" romer-g which is linear, so more like Red MX.

actually nvm, just figured it out

I doubt it

Nothing really I went with the G513 linear ones to replace my MX red board and I would say they are about the same or better, more sturdy and less wobbly.

You just can't buy aftermarket keycaps but who cares

Yeah but like why does /mkg/ hate on them?

Nothing I just prefer Topre and will never switch.

I just got my first mkb, Anne pro 2 w/kaihl box whites and they feel nice. what am I missing out on topre?

harder to find neon pink keycaps with nip letters for them

What about vidya?

Can be rendered totally silent, they are reactive like a buckling spring but smooth like a membrane, and extremely durable unlike switches that eventually die.

Once you go Topre Realforce 45g, it is nearly impossible to go back to anything else.

Because a lot of posters in /mkg/ have tried switches other than cherry to compare them to. Unmodded cherry switches are shit too.

alright, i like linear but with a light bump near the actuation point . no hysteresis. which topre flavor should I add to the cart?

nothing, other than being average and not-better-than browns

browns are the best switches, so that's good
idk what type my roccat suora has but it's brown equivalent or it is actual browns and it's by far the best keyboard I've ever used

That's because you've never typing on a tuned custom board. Even low end customs blow prebuilt shit out of the water

I have, they're garbo

What did you try?

Being better than MX Browns isn't an accomplishment worth celebrating

Based and rubberpilled

So, what are the best swiches that are affordable (not topre)?

Lubed gateron, BOX, lubed retooled cherry, lubed Zeal if you consider them affordable

They feel as mushy as shitty membrane switches. Tried a few different ones in stores over various times, and each time I can't tell the difference between them and membrane switches. Nowhere near as crisp as Cherry Blues and their clones.

I don't recommend the variable weak boy spring configuration. It wasn't for me.

I personally love the Realforce 45gram 10-keyless one. I added silencing rubber rings and some foam to quite any clack and thump. PBT keys are hard to come by but I have some nice ones from China including some cherry/Topre key cap plungers from kdbfans but I don't have the need for the switch.

Go on YouTube and search Topre.

Nothing? Been using them for ages and they do all I could ask and limit LED bleed.

there is a red style switch of roamer g now with no tacticle feel. main prob with the original roamer g is they felt like a really shit brown/blue switch.

new linier ones are prob fine thou but I think they only offer them on 1-2 keyboards atm.

That's a lot of garbage you just threw out there.

Used to be based. Until logitech started chasing trends instead of creating a unique product.

I had a early batch of the G910 Orion Spark that was sublime except for the high walled angled keycaps.

They felt like Topres with out the plunger feel. Initial tactile feel like Topre them cushioned and silenced paded bottom. The short stroke took time to adjust to. But it felt fine after a while.

Now they feel like any other shit cherry knock off.

One thing that goes against the Romer G switches is they're not compatible with a lot of keycaps.