Should I put some kind of lighting behind my monitor? Something like pic related. Is it better for my eyes?

Should I put some kind of lighting behind my monitor? Something like pic related. Is it better for my eyes?

Attached: lQexLfobRZe9._UX300_TTW__.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tPJQLvw3U44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, you should because it looks neat.

Attached: 1533471730663.gif (340x340, 3.49M)

yes it gives you 20/20 vision and reverse eye strain your eye balls will literally feel like jelly all the time you will never be so relaxed girls will flock to your bedroom asking to look at it

>should i make my room more visible to my neighbours while fapping to homosexual anime

completely pointless unless it's a programmable led strip that tries to extend the colors on the screen

No, it's a meme. All you need are thinner bezels and size to feel immersed. TV bezels are as thin as they've ever been.

>CIA posts on Jow Forums, asking for tv recommendations

Attached: UniFreakingOut.jpg (405x405, 21K)

yep definitely CIA

I used to work in a DTP/pre-press studio, and the guys doing color-critical work there had the walls behind their monitors painted neutral gray and uniformly lit with a couple of 5000K lamps with autistically selected spectral characteristics. They did that for "muh color perception" which I don't think is your concern, but as far as pure eye strain goes, minimizing the brightness difference between the monitor and environment is a good idea (which is why some monitors have external light sensor they use to auto-adjust brightness).

That said, your pic related is a terrible fucking idea, doesn't help with anything, fucks with your color perception, looks gay as shit and is pure gaymer-tier faggotry.

Attached: mv.jpg (800x277, 44K)

Does this work for gays?

not OP but, what would you suggest? pure white light?

White, preferably close to 5000K, in a setup similar to pic related. The goal is to make your monitor displaying pure #808080 and the wall behind it as similar as possible in terms of color and brightness.

Attached: mv2.jpg (1600x1067, 225K)

why not more than 5kK?
>The goal is to make your monitor displaying pure #808080
what do you mean by this? the monitor shows different stuff all the time

>ricing your tv

this is like the worst part of 2000s coming back.

Attached: 1519681144446.png (800x800, 667K)

w-what?

Attached: 1541240283754.jpg (289x260, 6K)

That would be spinning rims of rusted out minivans

Attached: car lights.jpg (576x271, 35K)

OP here. Here's my setup. What steps should I take too adjust the lighting here? I have a single light behind me in the middle of the room.

Attached: 20181106_154500.jpg (2048x1152, 647K)

>why not more than 5kK?
5000K is the most neutral in terms of potentially fucking with your color perception. More than that would be too cool/blueish.

>the monitor shows different stuff all the time
I meant #808080 should be your reference during the setup of the light.

Attached: mv3.jpg (750x434, 37K)

Isn't colour rendition more important than the temperature of your light source?

I don't think you should be exposed to anything greater than 2700K after 19:00

Just turn the lights on. That way the whole wall will be illuminated instead of just a small section of it around the screen.

Yes, but only if the light is in the yellow-reddish specter. Anything else fucks your eyes, especially blue.

Yes, because it looks cool.

Attached: PSX_20181112_205240.jpg (4608x3456, 550K)

/thread
It's called bias lighting, but for consumption/computer/web/video you should be using D65 (ie. 6500K), D50 (5000K) it's usually used on printed stuff

based

Get a VESA mount for your right monitor you massive homosexual

You're observant as fuck, that really is my only vesa mountable monitor. Not sure what to mount it to. Behind the monitors is a window.

the foot doesn't bother you?

Oh shit, yeah it does, sort of. I barely notice it when I'm using the computer. Man, everything is shitty about my room, desk, and just the way everything is. Can't do much about it.

However after I got the crt my thirst for consumerism ended. Even something like the leg sticking out doesn't affect me as much.

youtu.be/tPJQLvw3U44

dat monitor is sexy af

Based Uniposter, truly a man of culture