Creates artificial light that causes eye strain

>creates artificial light that causes eye strain
>artificial light is known to cause health issues
>creates electromagnetic radiation known to cause cancer
>Made of toxic materials
>prone to frying
>Flickering issues
>10 times more expensive than incandescent
Is there anything more of zoomer tech than LED bulbs?

Attached: data.jpg (600x600, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCS0sr29Jiw
store.yujiintl.com/products/bc-series-a60-high-cri-remote-phosphor-led-bulb-unit-2-pcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>artificial light
>electromagnetic radiation
>Made of toxic materials
All true for other form of light bulbs

>artificial light
What's unartificial light? Having a torch on your wall?

LEDs are god tier compared to CFLs. Those piles of shit can fuck right off.

>takes 5 minutes to warm up
>MTBF as bad as incandescent
>Useless in cold temperatures.
>Not dimmable except a few 5x more expensive models.

Bought some with perfect cri, and I can run them for 30 years or more.

> anything more of zoomer tech
No, nothing more of zoomer tech than Diodes:Light Emitting.

Definitely not is of origin troll. Easy think it is! Shill-pretend for glee times make? Ahahaha, no.

Attached: 1532342892973.gif (500x500, 1.49M)

I'm actually considering doing that now.

Attached: 3fe.gif (569x510, 5K)

LED flashlights are GOAT, literally 10x the lumen output of incandescent for the same wattage, literally some small ass flashlight that takes 2 AA batteries will put out more light than those big ass 3 D battery incandescent flashlight and unlike incandescent garbage it won't break if you drop it. Stay obsolete, boomer.

Cree makes really nice LED's good choice

Halogens give the best and most natural light. Don't fall for the (((LED))).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index

>Technology that is the current indisputable pinnacle is the GOAT
You don't say. Wow, EL-EE DEEs really are the future!

For real, I was about to install aqueduct-style channels of oil running along my walls! I am glad someone has shown me where the Real Savings are!

Just don't buy chinkshit bulbs. Or complete chinkshit bulbs

Ohohohoh, you are referencing the Worst Designs of old, to make me think the new Technology is worthwhile! Ohkay, I love the natural.
I also perceive your natural mode of speech, and accept it as brightening recommend. I will not fall!

CFL bulbs are way, WAY, worse in every single thing you mentioned including the retarded stuff

I feel a fast drop out of posts. :-( Discussions were happening so fast then nothing!

I love talking about LEDs in situations completely absent of purpose. Fuck, I could really go for some drama about how not-LEDs suck! Honestly, I never thought about it before. Bump!

Every issue you spoke of can be solved right now, some with a FULL BRIDGE RECTIFIER

fuck
FUCK FUCK FUCK. how did you know about that?? fuck
fuck
shut up about rectifiers, no one cares

Good LEDs, shit bulbs. GE is the only one worth a damn after Philips bailed on high end dumb lamps.

I thought Terry Davis was dead.

would you save more money only using candles?

I think it would be more expensive.

Have my meme

Attached: 1535049692856.png (2518x1024, 513K)

LEDs create chrysanthium as a byproduct. The commonly used diffusers used don't do a damn thing to prevent it from leaking into the room.

Attached: light bulbs.png (1640x800, 560K)

>10 times more expensive than incandescent
>buying 10 times more incandescent bulbs due to short lifetime

>What's unartificial light?

cherenkov radiation. look closer, OP! CLOSER!

>LEDs cause cancer
what a retarded meme. I blame desperate "journalists" and "scientists" who want some quick money or recognition at any cost.

>poor stupid people get comfy warm bright light and room heaters
>average middle class get light of terrible quality as well as cancerigenic devices
>affluent intellectuals get chink stuff
k

>What's unartificial light?
A black body radiator, like incandescent and halogen bulbs, hot metal or charcoal, sun and stars.

>creates artificial light

Congratulations folks, we're officially heading back into the early 1900's
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCS0sr29Jiw

>NEW TECHNOLOGY SCARY
>NEW TECHNOLOGY HURT BRAIN TO THINK ABOUT
>GRRRR, NEW THING MAKE ME ANGRY
>NEW THING BAD
>OLD THING GOOD
>RESPECT TRADITION
>AAAARRRRRRR

>Is there anything more of zoomer tech than LED bulbs?
Electric cars

While not all scientists are honourable people, journalists are the main problem. A paper will be released like 'exposing rats to 5 million times background level radiation causes a slight increase in cancer rates' and journalists will pick that up and say PHONES CAUSE CANCER

>only one company in a world makes high-quality high CRI E27 LED bulbs
store.yujiintl.com/products/bc-series-a60-high-cri-remote-phosphor-led-bulb-unit-2-pcs

CFLs heat up though so doesn't that sort of solve the cold temp problem?

Stop buying shitty chink CFL.

I use American made ones in a walk in freezer and they burn out maybe once every 5 years or so.

I can't believe you fuckers are arguing over light bulbs.

>tfw my cable modem and router make a soft electronic thrumming sound as data passes through them that I can hear and gives me headaches

Attached: 1497194868556.jpg (480x480, 46K)

Ironically, RGB LED strips produce 90+ CRI light comparable to incandescent bulbs, but we got jewed into WLED garbage.

Everytime I try to think about preserving the environment, I remember how hostile it is towards life, and my heart fills with resentment.

I'm going to die of colon cancer cuz of all the shit they put in my food, but that shit keeps the food from going bad.

I don't care if LED's are more energy efficient, they are fucking eyerape. I've fucking had it with green tech, everything they produce is garbage, go take those low flo toilets and shove them up your ass.

I don't want to save the god damn world anymore. When we run out of oil, assuming we ever do, thats it, its over. Civilization dies right then and there.

Everything we've done has just been a god damn waste of time. We don't even track how much energy it takes to make things like solar panels, ethanol, or biodiesel. Were stuck with all this crap that 'almost' works, we have electric cars that 'almost' work, we have LED bulbs that 'almost' work.

If you took every god damn green miracle and added it together, you'd still be half a dollar short.

Algae farming will be free money.

Based and mercurypilled

yeah, for china.

Have you seen those blooms in the Gulf? There's so much algae it kills all the fish.

We invest in their chinkshit while their nationalized oil conglomerate monopoly stock price went up 20% last year.

I met a chink once and asked him what he thought about hydro electric power. He said he was against it because he used to sail a particular river and once they built a hydro damn over it he couldn't do that anymore.

His rich affluent golden coast family cared more about their sailing hobby than the filth choking out the skies over their cities skyline.

My grandma got scammed by a Solar Installer and to this day my fucking stepdad won't shutup about it. Its a total fucking money sink and Edison ended up sending her a huge bill every month ON TOP of her normal electricity bill, probably because the dipshit installed the meter backwards or forgot to flip a switch.

Those rats lived longer on average too.

I said algae not hydro you dramatic cunt.

Attached: 4+cloud-collective-algae-farm.jpg (1400x1050, 927K)

I'm not investing in any more green shit until those companies get their fucking shit together. Either it works or it doesn't.

yeah, and the heating and compression process that turns that shit into bio-diesel, how much coal did you have to burn to get enough energy to turn that sludge into fuel?

I'd be better off investing in gravity wells and perpetual motion machines.

You know what? Thats it. Thats what I'm going to do. I'm going to build a giant ziggeraut with a fountain that turns a thousand god damn paddle wheels, and mount a giant fucking fresnel lens on top of it, and i'm going to use it to shoot down cargo jets and start a fucking cargo cult in the congo.

Anything beats rolling the dice on another dud technology that science can't deliver and getting cheated by the house approriations committee.

transparent aluminum?
lol, just use polymer.
real life hoverboard?
cancel mass production, too expensive.
aerial drone carrier from northup grumman?
naw, lets throw another trillion down the f-35 money pit.

Fuck it, fuck them, i'm out!

>room heaters
in the summer
how about no

enjoy your house fire

you forgot to mention

>cancerigenic

Attached: _69195942_moser_montage.jpg (660x371, 34K)

Never had a CFL bulb due and have been using them for 10 years. Any new bulbs I buy are LEDs though.

That's artificial too since you made the torch and lit it. All-natural light sources include the sun (and moon) and forest fires created by lightning striking trees.

gas lamps bitch

>rectifier gets fucked up on led street light near my window
>town has yet to fix it for fucking months
>60hz strobe next to my window all night now

fuck led

It does work, you just have to not buy the shittiest cheapest bargain bin chinkshit LED bulbs you can find.
Pay attention to the CRI rating especially, a shitty CRI is what makes the light look strange and unnatural.

Good LED bulbs are an expensive investment around 3-4x the price of a regular halogen or incandescent bulb, but by the time you have to replace them they'll have been significantly cheaper in the long run as they both last much longer and draw much less power.

BASED AND REDPILLED

Is that you Chuck McGill?

This, totally. Like 5 years ago I replaced all incadescent and CFL bulbs in my house with LED bulbs and in FIVE YEARS I had just a SINGLE one fail on me - and those aren't even any expensive brand ones. Before that I had to replace an incadescent bulb once a month on average.
I haven't noticed any negative impact of LEDs on my general health, mood, eyesight.

>Affluent intellectuals
>not metal-halide lamp

>gas lamps bitch
Those also emit electromagnetic radiation.

I JUST WANT LIGHTBULBS THAT RUIN LITERALLY EVERYTHING INSTEAD OF THOSE DAMN LEDS THAT BARELY RUIN ANYTHING :

Oh God... Are you the same person who's been spamming Jow Forums with the supposed smartphone related cancer and rat studies?

Shhhh, don't tell him

I bet there's no rectifier on it, just alternate direction leds and when one led die, you get the flicker.

>unartificial
fucking pajeets...

No my dude, just do what the White Egyptians did and use reflectors for sunlight.

I cant wait for the LED bulb meme to die off just like the CFL bulb meme did

Someone talk me out of going full retard with rgb led bulbs, and making my house an epilepsia den.

RGBs are expensive shit, and you'll get tired of them, fast

>His rich affluent golden coast family cared more about their sailing hobby than the filth choking out the skies over their cities skyline

Anyone who is rich or affluent generally doesn't care about the majority of other people. They only want their pleasant little lives to continue undisturbed. I remember going to a municipal planning meeting where they were planning to build a 7-storey mixed-use commercial/residential development. Some old bag came to the meeting to cause a ruckus because she was "concerned" the new building would cast a shadow on her garden and kill the plants. People in my city are struggling to pay rent, we need as much new development as possible, this building would have brought space for both people and businesses, and this cunt was concerned about her fucking sage and zucchinis. The level of self-absorption was almost unbelievable.

Might just get 3-4 for my wall mounted lamps then, and use them for mood.
Damn Phillips hues are 50 Euro a pop.

Behar-Cohen, F., C. Martinsons, F. Vienot, G. Zissis, A. Barlier-Salsi, J. P. Cesarini, O. Enouf, M. Garcia, S. Picaud and D. Attia (2011). "Light-emitting diodes (LED) for domestic lighting: any risks for the eye?" Prog Retin Eye Res 30(4): 239-257.
Chamorro, E., C. Bonnin-Arias, M. J. Perez-Carrasco, J. Munoz de Luna, D. Vazquez and C. Sanchez-Ramos (2013). "Effects of light-emitting diode radiations on human retinal pigment epithelial cells in vitro." Photochem Photobiol 89(2): 468-473.
Chamorro E, C. S., Bonnin-Arias C, Pérez-Carrasco MJ, de Luna JM, et al. (2013). "Photoprotective effects of blue light absorbing filter against LED light exposure on human retinal pigment epithelial cells in vitro." J Carcinog Mutagen S6: 1-7.
Jaadane, I., P. Boulenguez, S. Chahory, S. Carre, M. Savoldelli, L. Jonet, F. Behar-Cohen, C. Martinsons and A. Torriglia (2015). "Retinal damage induced by commercial light emitting diodes (LEDs)." Free Radic Biol Med 84: 373-384.

Attached: sci.jpg (961x816, 239K)

enjoy your rat-hole apartment

Attached: merchant.gif (200x200, 382K)

how about getting on of these bad bois?
>awesome UV light (it really looks quite good)
>kills germs and bacteria
>generates nice ozone as deodorizer

Attached: Ultraviolet-light.jpg (640x640, 33K)

kek

Attached: good goy.gif (358x328, 926K)

>generates nice toxic fuckin gas

Enjoy your breathing problems

>electromagnetic radiation
>Made of toxic materials

Not with incandescent bulbs

She is right, but for a completely unrelated reason. Most cities are overpopulated steel, glass and concrete filled hellholes already.

The energy generated from of a classic incandescent bulb is like a frying hovering reactor not to mention the heat

>incandescent bulbs don't emit electromagnetic radiation
Are you actually retarded?

>all those niggas being blasted with GMO lights
Shaking my head.

Yeah, better burn metal, emit UV and replace a bulb a month like it's 1800. OP is a faggot.

All philips led's have more than 80 cri and their masterled series has 90 cri. It's your own fault if you buy chinkshit that doesn't reach half of that.

Too lazy to read all the thread or the relevant studies, just tell me please am i safe if i use everything 2700K?

I wish I had bought a big pile of incandescent bulbs before they were banned in my country. I don't use them everywhere, just in the bedrooms. But now I have to buy shitty chink bulbs from "eBay".

Most people complaining about ugly LEDs just don’t understand color tempature.

Simple rules:

1) Only buy bulbs marked 3000 k.
2) ... except maybe for the kitchen and outside, then you might prefer 4000 k.
3) Avoid “daylight” or 5600 k bulbs unless you know what you are doing with them. These can look nasty in the wrong room.

Yes, the simplest thing to do is to stick with 2700 k to 3000 k. All “normal” incandescent bulbs are around that tempature.

Workshops and kitchens might look better with 4000 k.

>But now I have to buy shitty chink bulbs from "eBay".

that's your fault

Attached: 51851172.jpg (1000x1000, 151K)

>90+ CRI light comparable to incandescent bulbs
try again, incandescent is 100

Cancer causing radiation? You're not talking about UV are you?

>once a month
Fuck off LED shill

>artificial light
What the fuck? That's the stupidest thing I've ever read