*scams 20 million people into buying a literally pointless toy*

*scams 20 million people into buying a literally pointless toy*

Attached: 274px-Raspberry_Pi_Logo.svg.png (274x350, 26K)

I fell for the meme. Set up a video wall with it and they freeze up constantly.

I use it every day.
I am using it right now

This should be a post, not a thread.

it was fun though

Attached: raspberrypiddos.png (552x108, 20K)

What did you expect a fucking supercomputer. Raspberry pis are designed to teach 10 year olds about computers.
Also we use > here not * you rarted reddit fag

I fell for it, but manage to find a use for it that doesn't really need a raspberry pi for
I made a programmable automatic cat feeder with it that feeds my cat twice a day, I can ssh into it and change the times and what not, but there's no real need

I uses it as media serve and it's perfect, op is mad cause they can't Linux enough to make it works so they make a thread on Jow Forums.

I'm finna boutta hack your feeder and make your cat obese and your wallet empty through overfeeding.

>I have no use for it therefore it is pointless
Nice blog

I bought 8

Attached: absolutly devilish semour.jpg (393x470, 25K)

>run big operations with these all over the world, even in antarctica. including weather stations, hydroponic operations, light systems, etc
>somehow scammed

Millions of rpis are currently being used as paperweights

I used mine for an agriculture project.

>used as a pbx server instead of buying a fucking expensive asterisk one
yeah user, totally a scam.

i'll join the support group of others that fell for the meme.
every project you could imagine for it can be done exponentially cheaper and better on a normal pc.
despite this, i was able to write a program for mine that allows it to collect dust at an abnormal rate.

shove a cactus up your urethra and neck yourself
stop making this thread
we have it every 2 days
we dont care about your bad financial decisions and incompetence
same
i use it as a znet proxy
see pic related

Attached: screenshot.png (1260x1057, 194K)

>scam
you don't know what that word means. just return it if you're that assmad you dumb faget.

Dumbass faggot. They are useful for anything ranging from automation to robotics to home security to teaching.

So is my dick.

There a pic somewhere of a 2nd world country's first cruise missile and there a fucking Pi-3 as the guidance system.
The Nazis use compressed air and a gyroscope to guide Buzz bombs in the 40s, so I guess if it works it works.

i use it for an ssh jumpbox. works great with fail2ban and as a dns scrubber. you can't tell me it's useless user because this bitch is awesome.

Attached: screenfetch.png (915x518, 21K)

Yeah and that's also useless

I have 3 and use them every day.

I'm going to just admit I am one of those "suckers" who did buy one and hasn't used it yet. Do want to but haven't figured out a good use for one yet since I already own 4 computers and use them all for one reason or another. Any task I need one of those 4 computers solves the issue (one is a Macbook Pro).

Or you could argue I'm not creative to come up with a reason for a pi, perhaps.

>*scams 20 million people into buying a literally pointless toy*
Wow way to make it sound as dark sided as possible. It's a toy to get normies into embedded devices and hobby diy. If you'res is collecting dust then you obviously never had a good reason to buy one. I've been watching since 2012, never bought one because I'm not a mindless idiot. My friend and I use it as a emu dumb box. Drunk

The fuck you talking about?
I carry a portable pi server for data sharing
Two smart mirrors
NAS
VPN Router

Pi is based and redberried

i bought one, used it for a school project 3 years ago, and havent used it again since. been meaning to make a security camera with it and see if i can screen cap everyone that walks by my window with it just for the fuck of it

Probably your fault actually.
Of you're not able to stay away from Linux bloat and make use of the incredible amount of power in an rpi that's not the products fault.

I love my pi and arduino, if you got scammed it's because you didn't have any idea what to do with it in the first place

Reminds me of my cousin going full "why did you buy that piece of shit? it can't play games!"

He's 32

>Pointless
Only if you lack imagination and/or skill

And as weapons guidance systems.

Man I hate this board

This is shithole its just /v/ for technology, all threads have to start as bait or saying x > y

fucking cancerous

It's a little computer that's more powerful than anything that existed a few decades ago. They have I/O, networking, and they're low power. IoT projects they're perfect for, or running mail servers, SSH, IRC, mumble, etc etc.
What they aren't great for is running bloated javascript engines and rendering video.

Pmusselman, why did you hide your username?

So I'm not the only one who realized it's one of the most well done, subtle marketing campaigns to sell useless stuff to "smart, intellectual, tech-savy" people.

GOTEM

It's what you get when a part of the userbase acts retarded on purpose. Eventually it attracts actual retards who then flood the site and turn everything into absolute shit.

Attached: 3673.jpg (309x351, 13K)

>toy
yeah. like I would not be posting through encrypted internet connection on public wifi.

Posting from my Pi, It's stable as hell and handles my ssh sessions just fine. If you need dns/dhcp/ssh/mySQL on a low power device it's perfect.

postmarketOS should make rpi obsolete

but it won't

>oh no I impulse bought something I have no use for like 90% of the other retards on Jow Forums
>waaah it's a scam because I'm dumb

What part of this is a 'scam' you fucking handicap? The RPi project was literally made to teach kids and poorfags in 3rd world countries how to use computers and code. This thing was for kids in poorfagistan so they could have a computer. Then rebbit Le Nerdy basedbeards like most of this board decided to hijack the thing and create dumb uses for it. All of you have it doing some mundane single task just because it's cheap and small, good for you.

Link? Search turns up some generic shit or French shit so not sure what Znet is and what it is used for. Would like to know more about Znet ...

Just make it a dorf fort box for bed time dorfing.

Are you high?

>did buy one
>haven't figured out a good use for one yet
get your priorities straight. first the need, then the purchase. also clean your room.

I have 2 pis and I'm using both of them, and have a third on the way .

Clearly you've never done this. It'd be horrible for dorf fortress. What you want for dorfing is an OC'd i9 running headless then you play dorf over SSH.

Not pointless for me. I use mine literally every day. And it's essential.

It's called "zeronet" user is just edgy

But how can you sleep with an industrial chiller running in the other room?

Well it can be the other side of the house if it's a SSH over LAN

It's not pointless, but it is a toy that basedboys bought and didn't know what to do with.

->68475408

you can mine Skycoin with it pretty easy

>being dumb enough to purchase something for no reason
this is why the jews win

>*scams 20 million people into buying a literally pointless toy*

Smartphone thread?

Ha! You fucked up kid, I've got your IP

>every project you could imagine for it can be done exponentially cheaper and better on a normal pc
What PC can you buy with less than $35 that won't use 500W to load a webpage?

Can you even load a website nowadays with less than 500W?

old smartphones >>>>>>>> rpi

If you don't know what to use it for, then it is not for you.

I use one for pihole and another as a airplay device. Yeah it's not exactly groundbreaking, and totally not fully utilizing the devices, but I'm satisfied.

These pointless toys run my alarm system, IRC bots, Git rep, Torrent box, Ads blocker, media server, print server. They are fairly useless.

/thread