Is Jow Forums going to get the PC Classic™?

is Jow Forums going to get the PC Classic™?

Attached: 1542072011394.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

>skeuomorphism will never come ba-

It looks like shit.

Do the faggots who made this abomination not understand that old beige PCs weren't yellowed when they were new? I don't even know what this shit is but it looks bait I'd stick on the end of a comically large mousetrap to catch numales.

Attached: TearsInRain-8_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq40NVKkzKgy7iV1BEZjiceW48E5hk3wG0G0anVB7mS8E.jpg (480x300, 14K)

>Do the faggots who made this abomination not understand that old beige PCs weren't yellowed when they were new?
This, reeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: safelyendangeredsweetjesuspoohthatsnothoneyyoureeating28129565.png (500x576, 164K)

>No Turbo Button
Not even trying.

kek

Yellowed beige, that retarded pointless fake handle on the SD card slot trying to pretend it's a 5.25'' floppy drive. Fucking why?

This stupid "retro" sheep moneygrab shit always misses the practical and machine-like qualities that made these systems look good to begin with.

Attached: 1539418757017.png (200x200, 55K)

it doesn't matter what the truth is.
to these egotistical maniacs leading their startups they can't be wrong, the world just wasn't ready for their vision.

This is probably some ARM shit OS running dosbox or a c64 emulator or a 6502 PC emulator. The case is utter garbage and people will probably still eat it up like they ate every other Classic Mini up.

Attached: 71BnsSWbLFL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x813, 133K)

I think it seems pretty cool, I wanna try installing GNU/Linux on it

joy, a locked down PC without the ability to put games I want on it, with more problems than it is worth
How about someone just makes a tiny weak ass 300mhz x86 CPU with 1gb ram and 8gb storage space so we can run windows 98se on something that size?

Is this even real?

would even making a production line for 486 or pentium 2 processor be feasible nowadays? you're putting in a millions to produce a shit processor for novelty product

Jow Forums btfo

Yes they were

dosbox is already present on main distros (recallbox for instance) so what's even the point?
as user said too, no game on it, just DOS, and i'd get on, because of power consumption of old stuff.
But if it's to get 5% of what recallbox on a pi does with an ugly case, why bothering

They usually had an "off color" white look to them. Not exactly beige and by FAR not as extreme as in this example but they were usually not bleach white.
Of course there were exceptions tho where the case was actually snow white with grey accents, usually in the very late 80s and early 90s.

Attached: 1516376234133.jpg (500x371, 82K)

>because of power consumption of old stuff.
Nice meme.
Monitor included you look at something like 70watts for a 386 machine.

Do you actually think that those classic versions of old game consoles use the original CPUs that the consoles had? This would just be DOSBox running on some modern CPU in a beige case. And it'd make even less sense than the classic consoles, because PCs had no set form factor like consoles did, so there'd be no design that would trigger everyone's nostalgia equally, which is just about the only thing that separates classic consoles from playing in emulators on a normal computer.

1 old crt consumed more than a modern city at night in winter, pal.

The 15" one I used pulled 35w from the socket.
Maybe you had it running on 100% brightness like a monkey all the time

Probably not but Jow Forums is still gonna eat it up like flies.

>Maybe you had it running on 100% brightness like a monkey all the time
How is that bad

>How is that bad
Oh boy here we go, as I thought.

>literally wears down the tube like fuck
>sucks tons of electricity
>unnecessary heat and therefore stress on other components inside the case
>usually completely unnecessary if you have your monitor inside the building and not next to the fucking sun

>as I thought
Oh sorry mate I'm not that guy, I'm a no-CRT shitter who was just generally wondering why that's bad.

Is this the essence of Jow Forums in one post?

it's all I see you guys talk about is installing shittty OS on to shitty hardware.

>pic
since this im going into this industry, what should I avoid in terms of infosec propganda?

>tfw no beige case for Ras

/thread

> at least 30 games” from the DOS era
A fucking joke, anybody can install DOSBox.
Although I dream of something like an Intel PC stick with drivers for Windows 98: 1 GB RAM, USB drivers can be installed, and then it's on par with any PC up to 2003, anything later is NT-compatible and doesn't matter much.

This.
Also DOS 6.22 too.

Attached: cupfart.jpg (458x458, 15K)

Might as well just buy a retro PC case for my Raspi

What the fuck are unit-e doing.
How do you go from Neon FM to this.

I think something like an RC2014 would be a better alternative to this. Not for games, but it is styled more like computers from the 70s and 80s, using similar types of processors. I'd be more interested in a new machine with an old x86 processor, or something like a geode designed to run MS-DOS. I think something like that would better capture what the computer in OP is trying to capture.

I thought this was a joke until I looked it up kek.

Jow Forums hates this but the people who are making it are unironically based

>Can’t I just buy a Raspberry Pi, an enclosure, gamepad, keyboard, and mouse, 3D print a faceplate, install Armbian, buy 30+ games, build the source for ARM or install/configure in DOSBox for each and every game, create a menu system with game art, and tell everyone about it at parties?

>No.

> buying games
get a hold of yourself, faggot, people are watching.