Looking for a youtube to MP3 converter addon for firefox and its forks

>looking for a youtube to MP3 converter addon for firefox and its forks
>every one has reviews all saying that they take you to malicious russian websites
>they're all closed source

Attached: 50329ff990a4c.png (254x256, 54K)

Youtube-dl + ffmpeg to extract audio.

Is it safe? I swear 90% of addons are either spyware or botnets. And I'd rather not system restore my PC.

It isn't an addon.

Must've misread then. I'll definitely look into it since Firefox's quality control is on par with steam.

just use one of the converter websites

The one I usually used was vidtomp3, but not only has it gotten exceedingly shady with pop-ups and a thousand different scripts you need to enable, but it doesn't even work half the time.

i use IDM, but that's obviously not an option because i paid for it.

That looks like the black version of Terry.

>transcoding youtube audio
Get the fuck out, grandpa

This. Ffmpeg converts your media, it slices, it dices, it fixes your kitchen sink.

youtube-dl can download the actual aac/vorbis/opus streams that youtube provides, you should avoid transcoding them to mp3 unless you really need to, as this reduces their quality further
AAC is just as commonly supported these days as MP3, just use youtube-dl to download youtube's AAC streams directly
youtube-dl -f "bestaudio[ext=m4a]" ""

-- also, you can use addons like openwith to launch youtube-dl from within firefox, if you want a one-click solution

It's fine if you're looking for something to extract from random videos, but not as a resource for downloading music. Who knows what compression algorithms YouTube is using for audio these days.

Use youtube-dl like a normal person
apt install youtube-dl
chocolatey install youtube-dl

This, or youtube-dlg for a gui and cannot read the man page or if you are on Windows.

Use Python's PyTube module to write a script that just does all of this gay shit for you.

I find it so funny when people rec converter websites. This should be a no brainer.

>apt install youtube-dl
You'll get an outdated version that no longer works. Install the latest version to /usr/local/bin manually.

Not him, but you can then call
sudo youtube-dl -U
to update binary automatically
Thank me later

No, thanks. That's a bad sysadmin practice because you end up with a broken package (wrong file checksum). Keep shit that didn't come in via the package manager to /usr/local and /opt.

I just use newpipe on my android phone