Safety razor

is this actually better than a cheap multi-blade disposable razor? I get razor burn every time I use a disposable and I've heard this is actually better for that.

Attached: device.jpg (2048x1282, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kEKrPDhDa1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm going to go with "yes".

It's far cheaper and you get a far cleaner shave. I used to have issues with razor burn.

I do think you should use to the old fashioned shaving soaps along with it, and not things like gillette gel, which are shit tier.

>I do think you should use to the old fashioned shaving soaps along with it, and not things like gillette gel, which are shit tier.
I just use this, is it shit?

Attached: barb.jpg (800x800, 43K)

Yup, it is slower though, you have to take it slow to make sure you don't cut yourself.

>Yup, it is slower though, you have to take it slow to make sure you don't cut yourself.
>safety razor
>is less safe

Attached: thinking.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

What's the best price to quality electric razor Jow Forums?

It's safer than a straight razor, which it was invented to replace.

>how can god be real if we're not real
>tomatothink.gif

These suck ass. My face is all torn up after using these. Even 3 blade disposables do a better job.

is it because you didn't learn the technique?

Gotta slow down and pay attention to blade angle.

What technique?

I don't know, there just seems to be a technique.

>be a man and use an epilator

Attached: qPj2ku3.gif (600x336, 97K)

I already do, but not on my face. That sounds like it would just destroy everything.

> Jow Forums - technology

razors are technology
>hurrrr it's not a black rectangle with some microchips durrr gtfo muh board

then wheels are technology as well. Let's discuss bicycles, then?
Sage for OP being retarded

i prefer my wheels reinvented

When you get the hang of it, not really

>then wheels are technology as well?
yes?

They're uncomfortable. Look up the Supply Razor 2.0. It's better.

>better
Depends. It's definitely cheaper.
I have nigger tier facial hair so multi blade razors tended to pull like crazy after only a few uses. A single sharp blade doesn't have that problem.

Man they really do have all kinds of shills on Jow Forums these days. Fast food shills, office supply shills, and even men's shaving products shills

For cost after the initial upfront expense, and for razor burns. Yes. For speed or safety, no. They don't swivel to your face, you have to manually adjust each cut and some blades like feather ones are retardedly sharp and can slice you.

I use one, its definitely a lot cheaper, dosent feel as good or get as close as my fusion

I've had a good time with cheap wilkinson sword disposables. 25p each, last a few weeks each.

You’re not rubbing the shaving cream in long enough if you’re getting razor burn. I just use a Mach 3 and one cartridge lasts for a couple months at least.

Wromg.

You're not supposed to press down so hard on the razor, dumbass.

>I get razor burn every time I use a disposable
that's because you have nigger dna

>then wheels are technology as well
Yup. Why would you think they aren't?

better thread than you daily apple vs android threads faggot.

step 1: Don't fuck up
step 2: repeat

pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

It is certainly cheaper to use, a good quality razor lasts quite long.
But in terms of razor burn or any kind of skin irritation, it's pretty much same thing, and it's easier to cut yourself if you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

S top epilating your legs fucking tranny

>safety razor
Retarded shit for retards masturbating to how manly and masculine they are (muh morning routine)
Gillette Mach3/Bic Metal is all you need user (Dont go for fusion its shit)

>Retarded shit for retards masturbating to how manly and masculine they are (muh morning routine)
That's bullshit, I use it because it's cheap, easy to clean and when you get used to it you can get pretty much same results as with any kind of million-blade weird inventions. I never for a single nanosecond had any kind of gay masculinity thoughts about doing it that way.

Basically, use what you're comfortable with. Mach3 etc. are good choice too, especially if you don't want to cut yourself on the first try - "safety" word in "safety razor" is just a meme

I use a safety razor because it completely annihilates the shitty business model of plastic disposables. You know the one. Cheap razor, expensive replacement blades? That's not how it is supposed to be.

Use proper lather.
Don't press down like a fucking gorilla.
Follow the grain.
Do multiple passes.

The risk of actually cutting yourself is overblown. It's almost impossible, from my experience, unless you are a complete moron or you WANT to be cut. However, I sometimes do bleed when using one. Usually that happens when I let my hair grow too long. The main downside to these things is your face will never feel smooth enough unless you are doing 2-3 passes and you have proper shaving soap and a soap brush; cream won't cut it.

I usually just use my shitty electric, since neither gets my face smooth enough for my taste, I might as well just use what's easier.

epic

I though so as well after trying Wilkinson Sword safety razor. Only cuts, burns and ah hour of time wasted (I shaved my head, not face, but still).
Then I thought to myself that I am going to get clone of high-end(-ish) razor to try and if it still be the same just go back to disposables.
Ordered some Chinese Merkur Futur copy for less than a ten bucks and let me tell you: my world changed. Not going to describe all the features I liked, but time to shave head after a week and the half of hairs growing (that's around 6-8mm) reduced almost in half, no burns, almost no cuts and overall enjoyment.
Highly recommend it — or even the real thing if you can spare some cash.

Pretty this is or even

Razors are technology.

yeah its better, I recently got original gillette fat boy from 1960, its adjustable and comfy af

>Pretty this is or even This boards should be merged desu

Hold the base with your Thumb and your Index and shave. The blade is good enough and it will work

At first maybe. Now I just shave in the shower without a mirror and very rarely cut myself.

Huh, chinese Merkur Futur ripoff, you say? Gotta look it up, I use the cheapest Wilkinson Sword Classic and it does the job, but if you say it can cheaply be done much better, gotta look it up.

Look up qshave on aliexpress. Be wary though, it has some QC issues.

Also, is it some specific chinesium brand? On quick lookup I found some "Mingshi" copies

Who needs to shave in 2018/11?
Just man up and grow a manly beard already. Chicks LOVE bearded MEN, also your Muslim work colleagues will certainly appreciate your new look. And you save money! Win-win-win.

Attached: 35316435102.jpg (667x334, 100K)

There's this subtle difference between a manly beard and a neckbeard, and to have the former, you need to have a good razor to care for it.

>Be wary though, it has some QC issues.
Eh, well, it's not like I will bother to send it back if turns out crappy anyway.
I assume the blade set it comes with goes straight for trash bin? It is literally branded "Am Safe" in the offer I found, this name is literally screaming "gonna give you HIV or something"

We should merge /o/ /p/ Jow Forums & Jow Forums guys! GAMERS RISE UP

These are way worse for razor burn.

if you don't use these or sharks then you're doing it wrong

Attached: based.jpg (500x500, 15K)

Yes.

I've been using one for the past 3 years. I went on vacation a few months ago, but forgot some blades and used my friend's Mach3, it totally butchered my face.

With safety razors, you need to find a blade that works best with your face AND with your razor.

It takes a little longer to shave, but you can get a really great shave.

It does take a little more skill, so... you'll be bad for a few months.

You need to hold it at the proper angle to cut, but not irritate the skin. Don't use pressure.

It seems qshave and mingshi is pretty much same thing, ordered a qshave and we'll see. I've did a quick read up and it seems even the QC issues are really only about aesthetic defects, not functional problems. Gonna take a few weeks for the chinesium to arrive, though.

It's safer than a straight blade.

I started using one a couple of months ago and prefer it. I shave my head from time to time as well, but for that it's definitely trickier than a cartridge razor.

>that proprietary blade
And what's I am gonna do with my $70 handle when they unavoidably go bankrupt?

I went with Qshave because they had the most orders.
Also the blades they put in the box are way better than your regular doubleedge Bics and Gillettes you can get at any store.

ur doin it wrong

>Don't press down like a fucking gorilla.
Actually, don't press down at all. Let the weight of the razor do the work for you.

>is this actually better
no
>I get razor burn
because you don't practice any pre-use sanitation

Probably

>Also the blades they put in the box are way better than your regular doubleedge Bics and Gillettes you can get at any store.

Yeah I just read that after all they're not just some random chinesium disease vector but actually have some relation with the american Personna brand. Guess I'm gonna give them a try, still gonna dip them in IPA alcohol for good measure first...

>still gonna dip them in IPA alcohol for good measure first...
That's what I did as well. Month and the half in, no head cancer.

If you used the Wilkinson Sword razor, have you also used their blades and have any comparison to those chinesium blades?

Yes.
It's harder to competently shave the sensitive and curvy places, but in general I have less irritated or chopped skin compared to 5-blade Gillette razors.

Attached: IMG_20181030_105142.jpg (4048x3036, 3.05M)

shaving sucks, not shaving sucks more
electrics too slow
triple blades annoying
actual proper razor - fuck it, it's scary, but probably fastest and the most effective one

and I never cut myself, but the thing is scary. maybe I should get one for the purpose of will training.

Attached: 41GEh6nweHL._SX355_.jpg (355x283, 12K)

Yes, it's better, the multi blade razors pull your hair and cut it under the skin which causes razor burn and ingrown hair. These cut over the skin. Also the cost of these is negligible. $20 for a good safety razor that will last generations, $10 for a good shaving soap that will last 1yr, $10 for blades for 2 years and $5 for a good bowl for lathering. Another $.50 for an alum bar that will last years.

Attached: IMG_20181109_052025__01.jpg (2592x2703, 2.27M)

I've been using the 'one blade'
It can be used without any attachments so I pretty much shave with it. It doesn't need water or shaving cream and it doesn't cut close enough to bother my skin.

>It doesn't need water
what kind of leather skin you got?

It's an electric trimmer, to my knowledge, that's pretty standard. It's not meant to ever get close enough to your skin to bother it.

ah, I thought you meant the one in OP pic, I had to shave without water a few times, it's not fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=kEKrPDhDa1g
I was gonna search for the one where they say that shaving with a dull rock is how a real man shaves but I can't seem to find anything at all about that scene when searching.

Based.
I use the attachments tho for leg, stomach, armpit and pubic hair tho

Attached: 41053A42-78BD-4948-A10A-EE102BE2ECC5.jpg (460x460, 42K)

double edge blades are so cheap, I shave with a new blade every time I shave... which is only twice a week.

Even if they're cheap, what you're doing is so wasteful. I doubt they lose any sharpness over a single shave, so you could try changing them once a week if not even longer.

I replace mine once two months at best, also shave twice a week.

>It seems qshave and mingshi is pretty much same thing
Doesn't matter, what you're looking for is probably pic related.

>even the QC issues are really only about aesthetic defects, not functional problems
Not entirely true. They sometimes come with the adjustable part defective (it can easily be fixed though) or with blade alignment problems in which case the razor is useless unless you're willing to shave with only one side of your blades.

Attached: merkur_futur__19081.1445423679.500.659.jpg (500x500, 17K)

Those are pretty meh. Voskhod, Polsilver Super Iridium, Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge are much better IMO.

>is less safe
open source gnu/razor doesn't have this issue

i currently use pic related since i don't grow beards and i'm cheap as fuck
only downside is that i've got PD so shaving my stache takes a solid 20 minutes to avoid cutting myself

Attached: 41EWAvoiFtL.jpg (500x367, 19K)

Yeah, why don't we just combine Jow Forums with /o/, /p/, /3/, /gd/, /diy/, /v/, /vr/, and Jow Forums while we're at it. All those boards discuss technology after all.

They are cheaper and better if you don't value your time.

Chinesium are miles ahead. These ones in particular at least.

>is this actually better than a cheap multi-blade disposable razor?
Yes. I used to get nasty razor burn with gillette all the time. Never been a problem with my safety razor, blades are dirt cheap too.

What's your opinion on Shark and Personna blades?

I found it really Incredible for pubic hair .. do you keep two heads? One for your face? One for other?

Just use a straight razor and neck yourself faggot

As if a single neckbearded incel on this board would know how to maintain a straight razor, or manage to learn to use one without slicing their face off.

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 77K)

Rasengan

I've been using one for the last month and prefer it. It still takes me 2 passes to get a close shave though.

Attached: merkur-34C-safety-razor.jpg (500x500, 27K)

you would think PD would give me a pass on that
i shake worse than michael j fox with his nips attached to a car battery

Eh, still worth the risk I guess

Yes x 1000. Multi blades are a meme. Run this sucker under hot water and use nice gel. Once you learn to not cut your face you wont go back.

Order good blades online as well, store boughts are usually mediocre.