If iPhone was competitively priced to other flagships would you buy it over Android...

If iPhone was competitively priced to other flagships would you buy it over Android? If both the iPhone xs Max and the note 9 we're the same price, would you buy the iPhone over the note?

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-165656.jpg (1080x1920, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=omto9Q-eS_Q
zdnet.com/article/your-iphone-x-iphone-8-battery-could-wear-out-in-about-18-months/
cnet.com/news/apples-battery-throttling-comes-to-iphone-x-8-and-8-plus-with-ios-12-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=emPiTZHdP88
zdnet.com/article/hackers-heres-how-apples-imessage-surveillance-flaw-works-video/
theguardian.com/technology/2015/may/27/iphone-crash-bug-text-imessage-ios
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. I prefer the functionality of androids over a closed environment like OSX

What about the quality, resale value, support, security, privacy, longer life, ease of use and mojo? I'm legit thinking of pulling the trigger on the pic related, for $500 you can get an iPhone x, it's a flagship which outperforms the current Androids with their snapdragon 845's. No Android under or at $500 holds a candle to iPhone x. I can even sell my OnePlus 5 for $300 so it'll only cost me $200 for an iPhone x. And it's not even used!

It's a bidding you bloody idiot. A cheap used one will be around $650-$700.

I wouldn't buy either, since I dislike that trend of big phones.
However, if I were to pick any of those, I'd go with the note since I really don't like ios.

>What about the quality
Both are flagships, I guess both have the same quality.
>resale value
Don't care, I usually throw my old phones in a drawer to collect dust.
>support
Gotta agree that Apple's support is way better, but I've never had to use the support for any product of mine. >security, privacy, longer life, ease of use and mojo
Don't care about any of those either.

probably not. I write apps for my company's internal use, most of which are sideloaded onto our employee phones as APKs from our repository. I'm not familiar with apple stuff but afaik they don't allow installing apps on iphones from outside the app store nor do they have something like ADB for testing/debugging. android apps can be written on windows or linux according to what i need, this is not possible with apple. plus there's that annual waste of money for apple developer program fees so all of it makes it even more unappealing

I wouldn't use one even if you paid me to have it, because price isn't the reason why I buy androids

also that's probably a bricked device, that's why it's so cheap

>for $500 you can get an iPhone x
Used one , with dead battery and throttling
applied.
New Galaxy S9 costs a little more

Nah. The only reason I'd buy a Note is a stylus. Also I fancy the ability to go to the stock Android and with Project Treble it's easier than ever. Technically, it can provide an infinite nubmer of updates and I don't change my PDA till it breaks.

Who cares about product longevity in electronics, after one year shits obsolete. Sell and upgrade, such is life.

>Gotta agree that Apple's support is way better
Maybe after a dozen lawsuits it is.
>Who cares about product longevity in electronics, after one year shits obsolete. Sell and upgrade, such is life.
This whole thread:

Attached: 1518048344336.png (429x245, 38K)

>quality
What quality? What exact criteria android flagships can't meet ?
>resale value
Bubble
>security
If you mean security patches, then yes.
>privacy
No such thing in a smartphone, where every app sucks your data.
>longer life
battery will die in 2 years, other components will fain in following years. Never met a person with iPhone older than 4 years.
>ease of use
Subjective
>mojo
?

>$500 you can get an iPhone x, it's a flagship which outperforms the current Androids with their snapdragon 845's
Not only is the $500 not true, your little bait about the performance is a blatant lie. Hell, the "budget" XR is $800.
>If you mean security patches, then yes.
Meaningless on a proprietary operating system. Remember the PIN attempt overload exploit? Waves and waves of iCloud leaks? I think that point is moot.

zdnet.com/article/your-iphone-x-iphone-8-battery-could-wear-out-in-about-18-months/
>Your iPhone 8 or iPhone X battery could wear out in about 18 months

>buy Applel iTrash
>pathetic 1500 mAhlet virgin battery
>have to charge it once or twice a day minimum with normal usage, sometimes three times
>battery has 1000 charge cycles by the end of one year and is basically dead
>iTrash begins to randomly shutoff at 40% battery
>update iTrash to latest lagOS
>lose 50% performance

>buy Android phone
>3000+ mAh alpha battery
>lasts 2-3 days on one charge with normal usage
>have only 200 charge cycles on it at the end of a year
>battery easily lasts 3 years with no issues
>can easily pop out battery and swap with another 3000+ mAh premium Anker replacement battery in 2 minutes

iToddlers will NEVER know this feel.

Attached: 1517980087216.png (572x257, 57K)

Id consider it if it had jailbreak

If it didn't have a notch and had a 3.5mm jack. It's not the logo that keeps me away from it, it's the retarded design choices.

>resale value
if you have money to throw on a flagship you DONT care about that
>support
the minimum support for android is 2 years after that you have a buttload of custom rom's to slap on it and get done with it
>security
yeah apple and security dont go together
>privacy
last time i check apple is part of prism
>longer life
this is a joke right?
>ease of use
compared to what?

I wouldn't use one for free, it's just too restricting. Also no good web browsers for it.

>used
you can't even get it for $500, that is a site where people bid on shit (knock off ebay), that auction isn't over; the going price for refurb on there is $700 and that auction will end around $1000 still

>ease of use
I swear ios are the most frustrating things I've ever used

Serious question. We all know Google amasses everything their users do. From the web pages they visit to their shopping habits. Does Apple delve into the level of spying on its customers as Google does? And, is Apple as cucked with SJW bullshit like Google?

They don't, literally that's why Siri sucks balls compared to Google assistant, because apple doesn't store user data, all your voice training models even are stored on the device. Ads are not targeted and the apps don't have access to user data.

>no headphone jack
>no sd card slot
"no"

Attached: no doggo.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

>people complain about the missing sdcard slot in s6
>virgin samsung obliges the following year

>people complain about iphone's missing headphone jack and notch
>chad apple tells them to get over it

wtf I love china now

Attached: 1517966908230.jpg (1134x595, 100K)

>resale value
What am I, a mall kiosk? I dump my phone when I'm done with it and Samsung gives me credit toward the next one.

And you are forever in a debt spiral? Nice.

In been thinking about going back to apple for the sole issue of privacy and not supporting a SJW company. I'll miss all the perks of multi tasking, micro sd slots, etc and etc... but knowing I cant shitpost here or do ANYTHING without some blue haired tranny logging everything is enough to consider going back. And I'm too lazy to fucking root my device and jump through 40,000 hoops to make my device "private."

Considering swapping at it's current price because Android chins are ridiculously big compared to the iphone. Put capacity buttons on that huge shit if it must exist. And flagship Androids still microstutter even after project butter.

Not everyone is poor. I've never resold anything in my life aside from my car as a trade in for a new one.

Security? What security?

Attached: ios_12.1.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>chins
What a superficial thing to care about.

Just as superficial as the general bezel/notch craze right now.

holy shit lmfao what a fucking shill

For sure.

Even if it weren’t for apple’s beast CPUs, android and iPhone were designed from the ground up for different roles.

iPhone was designed as a track ally new, moultitouch, responsive UI smartphone.
Android was designed as a blackberry clone that didn’t even support touch at first.

The differences are obvious even now.
Due to the non-native nature of Java (hardware compatibility over performance/smoothness), android is embarrassingly jerky even with modern overpowered CPUs.

Sun (an now Oracle) spent 20 years optimising it and it still a performance bottleneck, it also increases memory consumption a lot.

Basically: you need about 3 times as much RAM as a non-Garbage collected language for similar performance.

The worsts part of GC is that is't unpredictable. If you want your app to run at a smooth 60fps your frame budget is ~16ms per frame. Say your GC only takes 8ms, that means your frame budget just got reduced by 50% as you never know when the GC is going to run, so you have to take it into account for every frame you render. If you go over 8ms/frame and the GC triggers, that frame is going to take more than 16ms to get ready so you drop a frame.

On the other hand, ObjC and Swift have automatic reference counting. Almost all the advantages of GC and none of the drawbacks.

Even if Android manufacturers made a better designed phone (pro tip: not even close, apart from oldish Nokia and Sony), the OS alone cripples itband taints the experience for *mobile* use.

If we were talking about desktop OSes, it’s be a different story.
But for *mobile* I don’t care about hardware compatibility, I have one phone not 10. And the components are not interchangeable so what good is that to me, as a user and not a phone manufacturer?

Lastly iMessage.
The best, easiest solution for integrated sms/IM/file sharing with end to end encryption and 0 setup

Fpbp

>functionality of androids
Just because android lets you shit in the streets doesn't mean you should. I don't like iOS much but I sure as fuck hate android.

CEO is a fag
so no

>Even if Android manufacturers made a better designed phone (pro tip: not even close, apart from oldish Nokia and Sony), the OS alone cripples itband taints the experience for *mobile* use.
Design is subjective. About the crippling part:
cnet.com/news/apples-battery-throttling-comes-to-iphone-x-8-and-8-plus-with-ios-12-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=emPiTZHdP88
And this isn't even AOSP.
>The best, easiest solution for integrated sms/IM/file sharing with end to end encryption and 0 setup
Yeah, here's your encrypted and unbeatable iMessage.
zdnet.com/article/hackers-heres-how-apples-imessage-surveillance-flaw-works-video/
theguardian.com/technology/2015/may/27/iphone-crash-bug-text-imessage-ios

No I prefer the stability of android.
If an app crashes only the app crashes. On ios an app can freeze the whole phone forcing you to reset. With super simple js on a website you can crash the whole os. Safari is also at fault for lots of unnecessary traffic and js libraries because they are frequently the only browser not supporting international standards. Android JustWorks

Nah cant root it so its shit for me
Adaway is a must have in 2018

Is that another meme chink phone you poorfags rave about because you cant afford flagships?

Price isn't holding me back. It's the lack of an open source operating system and userland. My phone holds personal data so closed source OSes are no option.

This post is incoherent, could somebody decipher it please? My current hypothesis is that he implies that you can't root flagships.