*dabs on your linux*

*dabs on your linux*

Attached: t2.jpg (720x480, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-threadripper-core9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Linux is a kernel.

Freetard is a cunt.

And this is a chip that blocks firmware from loading it.
t. not OP

Will the machine work if you remove that chip?

It would be extremely difficult.

4 U

Isn't this thing a glorified TPM with Secure Boot by default, or am I missing something?

You are correct.
It's INNOVATION because iToddlers never heard of this before so they think crApple invented it, even though it has been standard practice on Windows tablets since 5 or 6 years ago.

mactard is a faggot

i'm assuming that you have no idea what a tmp chipset is

also macOS and linux both have roots in unix so fuck off with your rhetoric

>macOS and linux both have roots in unix
COPE

>tmp
Sorry, did you mean TPM?

OP is a fag.

*buys a different computer*

Attached: serveimage.jpg (880x335, 54K)

I bet this runs Linux.

There is a setting in the OS that allows you to turn it off and install whatever you want.

You mean it locks down your fruity toys? Lmao, look everyone! Yet another thing that iShit doesn't do!

Attached: 1542059301913.jpg (960x917, 556K)

IBM = shit

Its main purpose is acting as hardware DRM to prevent devices from being replaced/repaired. The """security""" shit is literally marketing so Mactoddlers believe it's all about their """privacy""". They did the exact same shit when they decided to brick all iPhones with replaced screens and it actually worked, so it was kinda expected that they would do the same shit with new macbooks.

>decided to brick all iPhones with replaced screens and it actually worked
WAHH WHY CAN'T I PUT FAKE UNCALIBRATED CHINK SCREENS OF THE LOWEST QUALITY IN IPHONES AND RESELL THEM ON AMAZON

More like why do $1K not have a more durable display.
Also everything is manufactured in china.

Nice strawman, retard.
I hope you aren't doing it for free.

> everyone i disagree with is an ebay/amazon scamer

It doesn't seem to have too many pins... I think I can replace it with couple jumpers, considering that appel still uses SMCchip

Why would apple care about used iphones?
They do not make any money from them.

>t. iToddler
Nice argument, faggot.

Recent phoronix benchmarks showed it was quite good with the exception of python and php.

>Also everything is manufactured in china.
Not true, just the majority of electronics

pads directly connected to vias exist, cuck.

not really, it would be a pretty bad OS to run without that chip

*dabs on your right to repair*

Looks good to me, I can't wait to get a Blackbird
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-threadripper-core9

>with the exception of python and php.
As in: Things that are insufferable slow so they need every drop of performance or as in stuff that makes you wish your CPU had a thought through memory instruction and cache bipeline?

This is the bench he's talking about, page 6 has the Python and PHP graphs

>not just enabling legacy support

Apple could easily allow the shim UEFI app to allow linux applications.....but are they gonna?

It's probably #2 then, given how fast Octave is.

Could that be the issue when it's consistently competitive in the rest of the benchmarks? It looks more like a software optimization issue to me.

Technically speaking you are right, interpreters, in particular for too overly dynamic languages are basically designed to trash the CPU cache and branch prediction and other heuristics (basically the thing x64 CPUs are best at due to decades of shitty software).
Practical speaking
>muh wordbress

Why can't you?

>They do not make any money from them.
That's exactly why they want to stop them from being repaired, so their customers (NPCs) have to buy a new iShit 3000XS+ for the 5th time in a year.

There are other possibilities as well: The C abstract machine might not map so well to this ISA in these particular cases. GCC/Clang might not be as optimized in these cases. ...

Whatever the case is I'm excited to see the difference in performance a few years down the line when it's gained more optimizations

Depending on what the problem is this might never happen.
Then again, Octave was doing great, so maybe JIT compilers are the answer at least on this platform after all.

So this T2 chip is a gimmick?