/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: A Tale of Four Headphones.jpg (600x667, 170K)

Is there any system wide way to mount a VST? EQ APO isn't working

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
(btw, I do like my new TS80 iron)

Attached: 1513797310186.png (1280x691, 1.16M)

Takstar Pro 82
or
Philips SHP9500

DAILY REMINDER:
If you have any interesting audio equipment that Zeos hasn’t reviewed yet, do a service to the community, and lend them to Z for review!

Attached: 8C3F35F2-24A2-464A-AFA6-53AA7EDC7F8D.jpg (748x805, 60K)

>The HD600 is described as clear if anything (opposite of veiled).
Okay... this is where the subjectivity of people's description gets very vague.
I find both HD600 and HD650 to have detail in abundance. However, the darkness and the sluggish response speed of them makes them come across quite veiled, especially when underpowered. If anything, I find the HD650 to be the clearer of the two...
To me, veiled is not about the details, but about the perceived clarity. Not necessarily about the distortion, but how overall image comes across.

you have very girly hands idol trash, are you a trap?

Probably it's because I didn't have a TS80 yet.

Except for nobass

which headphone pair the best whit tubes user?
i have hd600 now, sell it and pick hd650 or what?

those knuckles do not look girly to me
he sure need to do a bit of pushups though, no veins are showing

lol no, that's perfect

can try planars

>nobass
s/hd600/hd580/g

Attached: 1522435370396.png (1722x1107, 229K)

already have planars, i need an headphone for tubes, really like hd600 with it, but maybe hd650/hd6xx being warmer themselves can pair better? idk

>but that 10hz!
by the way research shows that low frequency damages ears as much as high frequency

Just ordered these for $18. Might give them to someone for Christmas.

Attached: KZ ZST Pro.jpg (1001x1001, 65K)

also curious about 600hom beyers, but i had a bad experience with dt770

>hd650/hd6xx being warmer
most people EQ that mid bass bump out, so they sound closer to 600
honestly, after 600s nothing gets THAT much better

AKG can $49.

i already like he4xx more than sennheisers, but i find that through a darkvoice i really love my 600, that i was selling after getting the hifimans, with classic, jazz and in general with "non modern" music and i want specifically an headphone that pair well with tubes for those genres. i know the hd600 is said to be one of them, but i was wondering if there is something even better for that task but only beyers and hd650 come to mind with such high ohms. i had 650 before and i remember them being darker and warmer than 600, but i hadn't the darkvoice so idk if they pair better or worse with tubes.

So don't listen at loud volumes lol. There is no sub bass whatsoever, even with EQ

Friendly reminder to keep the volume low and your eardrums happy.

Attached: 1521140849260.png (298x377, 36K)

Just ordered these for around 65$(in my country electronics costs more in general). Did I do good?

Attached: serveimage(3).jpg (1280x1280, 128K)

How the fuck are you supposed to seal them?

/hpg/ - No Anime Edition

Attached: 1421165704604.png (1631x1571, 137K)

On open stuff, talk about seal is about the seal between your ears and the headphones. The back of the driver can still be open just fine, but if there's not much of a seal on the ear side, the bass is greatly diminished.

>research shows that low frequency damages ears as much as high frequency
Doubt.

What the fuck is this shit?

Attached: 1538949059348.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

I know, but they have nobass even with brand new clamp and pads.

Attached: 1440748328147.jpg (255x248, 15K)

Attached: When_Mipporin_needs_the_big_slap.png (1024x1439, 1.74M)

Anything light but with nice isolation?
Something to wear in the office and damp the soibois talk but not large enough so I look autistic or larping as pewdiepie or something?

zmf eikon

Recommend cheap but quality amp. Budget ~100 euro. Headphones 250 ohm.

Why the hell doesn't Equalizer APO work? I have it installed to the audio device I'm using.

Check the filters, reinstall, restart. How is it set up now?

Sup lads, I'm looking for:
Closed back, over ear
Under 100$ (preferably around 75$, can go up to 100if they're especially worth it
Colorful (preferably red)
Arnt overpriced shit such as skullcandy and similar
I was looking at the red m50x but they're out of my price range.....
Could you guys recommend me something?

Oh fuck the the thx amp is in stock with 24 hour shipping. I need to unload my magni and hd6xx

Not even the preamp works

new version

Attached: F2777931-536D-436B-BF6C-4C41DED551E0.jpg (1024x714, 99K)

I wanted a screenshot.

silver Takstar Pro 82 (~$55 on aliexpress)
Guess you could paint them red if you wanted to?

I'm not home anymore, sorry. I'll be home later though

I can't find any HD600 for less than $350 including shipping to my shithole. What are some cheaper alternatives if I already have SHP9500?

HD58X is pretty gud. I know it's assdrop but some people sell international new on eBay

I got them for $199 from ebay last year. Excellent condition.

those look fuckin cool

guys i got a dumb question, is it possible to wire a mic inline with my sennheiser hd 599s?
i wanna try to use them on my xbox but they dont come with a mic, the real problem tho is that the end where the wire plugs into the headphones is a 2.5mm or something.
is this possible?
problem #2 3.5mm jack broke on my controller like they all fucking do and im not sheckling out for another one to break again so is it possible to use a jack to usb converter and does anyone know if the xbox will recognize that?

Attached: eggbox.jpg (600x524, 79K)

Hey Guys. Here is my second try on getting advice.

Budget - 200€ ~ flexible
Location - Germany
Source - Home-PC (Asrock Z370 Extreme 4)/ MacBook (at Work)/ Phone
Size - Full-Sized
Type - Closed because I work in an Office with 7 other People. I need a little isolation. Noise-Cancelling is not a must
Comfortability - I need them to be comfortable but I'm willing to buy new Pads if that is what it takes. I don't really care they are a bit heavier.
Sound Signature - I have no idea what my preference is here.
Previous Headphones - Currently using Sennheiser HD 215 at home and some Sennheiser in-ears at work. Both not optimal. My previous headphones were Superlux HD 681.

I went ahead and ordered one, now I just need a decent DAC to go along with it.

Attached: LOADS.jpg (288x296, 24K)

i haven't really tried many headphones but i have sennheisers that i wear almost 24/7 and they couldnt be comfier, cant speak for sennheisers closed backs though because i havnt tried them
the sound on mine is pretty neutral too, also you should buy second hand, you could get some for 200eur that would cost like twice the price new

L O D S

OH NO NO NO NONONO

Mshenay went and spewed out subjectivist opinions in ASR, now he’s done for

Attached: 5D594C8F-C259-4012-9B98-4CA262751C19.jpg (288x192, 20K)

Mimby is the cheapest way to experience the magic of multibit DACs

Attached: 26052560-D456-444A-A20F-3B0027C0E0AB.jpg (664x442, 47K)

sony mdr 7506, swap the pads with brainwavz or beyer velour (EDT 250V)
fiio k5
massdrop/ebay the 6xx or order refurbs directly from sennheiser (depending on your shithole). if it's too expensive then just save and buy something locally, they're not the end all be all.
senn 598cs, light, comfy, isolating enough to reduce noise but not enough that people can't get your attention. don't pay full price for them (cheaper on amazon uk, senn themselves have refurbs now and then).

Anybody got experience with dropping BA IEMs? I know BA drivers are supposed to be pretty delicate.
I dropped my 3 BA driver IEM onto a hard desk from head level (while sitting) and I don't know if I'm just imagining the left side being quieter than the right side. I don't hear any distortion or anything. Am I fucked?

shut up nigger

I don't come here to gossip like a woman. Fuck off, retard.

DX3 on Amazon when? It's gonna cost me 70€ extra with custom fees from chinkland.

b-based yurope. amerimutts BTFO

Serious responses only please

I bought the Takstar pro 82, I have some questions for the people here who have them.

1- Is the cable flimsy or it will stand some roughness?
2- Are there velour pads for these? Leather will make my ears sweat in this tropical weather.

I wish it was no faggots edition so people like you wouldn't post

Attached: 1534298973009.jpg (750x878, 52K)

Beyer Custom One Pro or DT-770

> ebay the 6xx
I thought it's downgraded 650, which has more midbass.
> or order refurbs directly from sennheiser (depending on your shithole).
Can't find refurbs on their Russian site, also I'd rather avoid used headphones, > if it's too expensive then just save and buy something locally
Actually just yesterday I've wasted $160 on DX3 Pro while locally I could get new entry level STAX system for a bit over $500 instead. I'm still not sure if I fucked up or did good.

I hope Marv burns to death in the fires

Attached: 1522897294368.png (604x604, 435K)

>I'm still not sure if I fucked up or did good.
if you didn't buy stax when you could have then you fucked up

Attached: IMG_20180829_081906.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Not him, but do you own a stax?

and his kin as well

Attached: 1511142531226.jpg (900x900, 83K)

yes

audiophonics.fr will order it for you

next week

Why? Marv is an important community contributor.

>Marv is an important community contributor.
so was Mao

Attached: 2c5214b95004baf91792120bba646887415748de51d06f57e15c6f31bfec094e.gif (800x800, 3.75M)

No, as impedance's over 300Ω, which more than meets the requirement of at least 1:6 ratio between output and headphone impedance for most motherboards (they're 5-30Ω range)

He contributed to me nutting in your mom, nigger

If he's a nigger doesn't that mean you're a nigger too?

Das RITE whiteboi

>Budget
100 euro, flexible up to 130-150 if really worth it
>Location
Netherlands
>Source
HP laptop, Galaxy s3 phone, Xbox one
>Type of headphone
Full size over ear
>Open or closed
I guess closed.(see past headphones, whichever those are I liked)
>Comfort level
As comfortable as possible, but would sacrifice a little comfort for better sound quality.
>Sound signature
Dunno anymore DESU. I used to read a lot and read here and watch reviews before I bought the two headphones I had, so I know what it all means and how the lows, mids and highs sound like, but as far as the combinations mentioned I would have to have all of em here to compare. If I had to guess; a slight V-distribution. Cont in past headphones
>Past headphones
Hyperx cloud 2 and Sony MDR-Zx770BN. Yesterday the leftside of my hyperx stopped working, so I am mainly looking to replace this one. I use it for music, movies, youtube videos, and once in a while for gaming but mainly music. I like my sony bluetooth headphones, If thats all I had I would be satisfied, but those are for working out only and sometimes if I need sound on my head while doing something labour. And before buying these two when I was learning about sound both here and from reviews, I thought my prefered sound signature was bass dominant, because I knew what bass was and at that time I mostly listened to hiphop and drum & bass, and I had no comparison for a high or mid tone dominant sound signature, I just that it meant no or little bass and all I could Imagine was the sound that would come out the phone or laptop speakers. But when I bought the hyperx cloud 2 I fell in love with it. Especially when I'm high I like to get in bed all tucked in with lights off and feel the music. It feels like the sound is all around me, especially with DnB with all the different instruments and fast pace they seem to come at me from everywhere. Cont.

Sounds like a clear case for Takstar army.

Attached: C6222338-FCC2-47D0-BD54-CA4B2860725D.jpg (480x480, 38K)

So I don't really know what the sound signature of that is, but I would like something with which I can enjoy everything from heavy drum n bass (everything from liquid to jump up and neurofunk) to heavy metal, art rock, pink floyd with its background empy space sound and warm guitar, hiphop (not that modern trap bullshit which is all bass) and house/tekno. Would really appreciate the advice, thanks

Just bought my First Stax. which amp do yall recommend to go with it

Attached: Lambda Nova Signature.jpg (900x1200, 125K)

Yikes

Those look like shit.

you look like shit dont be jealous over what others have

Nevermind the awful design, but this looks so fucking uncomfortable to have on your head

Have you never seen a pair of stax before?

>clueless
Advice: You want Neutral and Open.
See dt880, hd579, shp9500, hd579, ad700x.

I mean in terms of condition. I have no reason to be jealous of dirty old stax

I have, and most of them also look awful and very uncomfortable

>implying older stax aren't as good as newer ones

I can tell you can't afford them or you wouldn't be saying that

definitely pick up some thicc pads from vesperaudio

They all look awful, but they are far more comfortable than you would expect. Not exactly something that I would describe as ultra comfy, but good enough that they don’t really bother you in real use.

I can tell you can't handle someone dissing your favorite headphones

I'm sorry sweaty, it's only the truth.

any specific ones I see two?

Nobody? Please?

If you like them, you should replace the headband and pads while stock is plentiful.