Is web browser privacy a meme?

I installed firefox and followed the guides on privacytools.io and the arch linux wiki to modify it to be more secure and harder to identify using about:config tweaks. I also installed extensions like ublock origin, umatrix, and a user-agent switcher because about:config tweaks wouldn't work. I test my browser on panopticlick.eff.org/
>You have strong protection against Web tracking
>Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 2,561,628 tested in the past 45 days.
What's the point? So few people tweak their browsers that we stand out even more when we follow these guides. What's the point of any of this if it ends up singling us out and making us easier to identify and track? Try it yourself.

Attached: IMG_8026.jpg (250x237, 19K)

>ends up singling us out and making us easier to identify and track?
Most sites won't bother with the advanced tracking, when they can track with other easier information. Most people don't use adblocks/umatrix after all. Until they are the majority, I doubt many websites would bother to implement that

Somebody told me that if you disable tor network features in tor browser, it cannot be fingerprinted, because so many people use tor
Also it's about using as little amount of extensions as possible
Most people who browse privacytools just install the standard plugins, none of the advanced stuff. And they don't touch about:config either. Privacy normies just want a quick fix to feel safe, so if you want to not be fingerprinted, you have to follow in their steps, as dumb as that seems.
Also if you need more extensions than tor or the basic privacytools.io and want to stay relatively unfingerprinted, use brave. Its still niche, but more normies use brave than people who modify their about:config

See what makes you unique and work on that. Having a common fingerprint means using the browser in windowed mode, with no changes to its UI, among other things. There's also a userscript somewhere that spoofs the reported number of addons you have. There's all kinds of shit that sites can inquire about your browser and even OS, so you can easily be singled out by someone who really tries. Few try that hard, though. Browsers need actual standards made by actual people.

more .mozilla/firefox/YOU/user.js
user_pref("browser.display.use_document_fonts", 0);
user_pref("browser.onboarding.enabled", false);
user_pref("browser.search.suggest.enabled", false);
user_pref("extensions.pocket.enabled", false);
user_pref("extensions.screenshots.upload-disabled", true);
user_pref("geo.enabled", false);
user_pref("media.autoplay.enabled", false);
user_pref("pdfjs.disabled", true);
//user_pref("privacy.firstparty.isolate", true);
//user_pref("privacy.resistFingerprinting", true);

What makes me unique is simply following those guides which are recommended here as well. I run my browser in windowed mode and there's nothing changed with the UI. the only changes I've made are about:config tweaks and add-ons that are constantly recommended. I don't see a point if it's going to end up making me stand out even more than when I started. It seems counterproductive. I feel like I've been memed yet again

redpill me on fingerprinting how does this shit even work. if you just send a simple get request how do they get all your info. retard here btw.

Attached: 1533223969488.jpg (512x384, 27K)

Have heart, you haven't been memed, if only for the extra security you've gained. Manipulating what horseshit you pull from the internet with uMatrix, removing annoyances, extra threats and ads with uBlock origin, saving time and improving privacy by utilizing decentraleyes, disabling metric tons of vulnerable/botnet browser "features" like pocket to keep you again safer and more private. Some of these things may perhaps make you more unique, but your fingerprint isn't everything there is to worry about. Like I've mentioned before, you first have to find someone who is going to go through the trouble to fingerprint you thoroughly enough to single you out. And even if you do, it's just one site, a site you may not use for more than 5 minutes a month.

The fingerprint tests are "this is probably the worst that can happen, so prepare for this" kinda tests. There might be more advanced methods that no one but the jews know about yet. But in reality, you won't find many who check your OS's fonts and check to see if your user agent is spoofed. As I've said, check the details of the fingerprint test and see what parts are standing out. There's usually one or two lines left that have very rare results. Find these rare sections and work on them.

Attached: 1535605775169.png (1000x749, 517K)

Everything is outputs is false information so it isn't that I'm worried about that since I've taken care of that part successfully it's just that I'm completely unique

Thanks for the help and being nice btw I needed it :)

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. If your font setup is one in a million, but the other parts are frequently identical to other visitors, you're probably unique. So you want to change the fonts to match what the others use and thus blend in more. Fake is good, but since you're worried about fingerprinting, you might want to reconsider.

Maybe we can replace the Internet with USPS and cheap flash drives and DVDs. Not sure how we'd shit post though

What do you mean

>so many people use tor
this is a normalfag redditor myth

The number in the "one in x browsers have this value" column. The lower the better. So try to lower all of them, starting with the highest. This should make you blend in more.

oh. If I do that it'll take away from what I've done to hide my actual information. It's like I either choose to be completely unique or go back to the botnet you know

Like I've mentioned before, this is not necessarily true. You've said it yourself: you're making yourself move unique. Spoof if you must, but spoof to something common. Blending in with the crowd doesn't really have many privacy related downsides as far as fingerprinting is concerned. For my previous example: not everyone uses the same fonts, but you should use the most common set. This has no downsides (besides having less fonts available).

>So few people tweak their browsers that we stand out even more when we follow these guides
How do you know this? You can set a custom user agent which doesn't indicate the actual browser you're using. That's most likely why your fingerprint was unique.

GNU Icecat

I've just accepted that everything I do is public on the internet if someone is motivated enough to ever find it. That's why my strategy has been to be a loser who no one would ever target because he has no money or valuable information or power or anything like that. It's worked well so far, nothing has ever affected my life anyway.

Doing great, user. Keep it up!