/hpg/ - Headphone General

Vintage Edition.

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: My Vintage Collection.jpg (2021x1382, 601K)

magnetfi cope is delicious

kill yourself boomer.

NO ONE LIKES YOUR POSTS. NO ONE EVER RESPONDS TO YOUR POSTS. NO ONE LIKES YOUR SHITTY OPINIONS ON BALANCED AMPS WHEN SCIENCE DISAGREES WITH YOU.

Still testing out he 1990's, cant say i "really" like them. Also, somewhat very similar to the HD800 (non s version), except clarity is better and sound-stage is larger.

Attached: 543541107_243252.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

Nice blog

Why do Germans like their headphones v-shaped?

Where are the anime girl headphones?

And are HD 600 a good buy? Would you say they are all round best headphones for all use cases under $300?

So every time someone has a disagreement we just go to stock responses right?
>your cans are shit
>you're poor
>you're a virgin
>wow he buys used
>gross
>hey guys did I mention that I have money? I have money please believe me
>buy obscure japanese headphones

Hmm, can't say I agree with that opinion. Have you tried EQing the HD800?

These are my daily two headphones Cant wait till my Stax get here tomorrow.

Attached: 20181108_023315.jpg (2016x1512, 698K)

why are you defending the user who reddit spaces instead of joining in and bullying him?

Yes, but i should clarify. The HD800 has better clarity / sound-stage and not the other way around. But overall they seem very similar to me.

For those that have HD800, don't bother buying the DT1990. It's basically redundant.

Thoughts on any of your vintage cans? Anything actually worth picking up? I'm kinda bored of my t50rps but don't want to spend a ton of money since I use my speakers more often.

I'm not defending that faggot. He spent 30 fucking posts calling people poor teenagers because they said mean words about his stupid beyers.

I should hope so considering they're twice as expensive.

oh so how about instead of bitching about people bitching you join in so he fucks off sooner

Jesus Christ, you are pathetic.

Ah yeah, that makes more sense. I personally see a niche for the DT1990s in my collection cause they're a lot more usable on a bed, and aren't as massive as the 800s. The 1990s can also output some serious bass with EQ, to basshead levels.

Attached: hd800eq.png (2069x862, 208K)

lol

He won't fuck off because he has to "tell the teenagers off." By the way, he has money, AND a girlfriend. Nobody else has those.

ive heard the K340s are wonky No comment on that odd Pioneer and the koss are supposed to be meh unless you get the 4aaa not the 4aa and then its the one with the metal yoke ends and the SE-X05 pretty meh i have the SE-505 more trouble than its worth to keep the pots clean most of my cans are Vintage my DT880s the K400s a Pioneer monitor 10 and monitor 10 II

dx3 pro shipping never ever

welcome to Jow Forums, enjoy your stay.
>He won't fuck off
everyone does eventually

Attached: 1540842609981.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

The build is also very nice, but guess what? the sticking on the headband is coming out after 2 days use. The bass, it is very good. I consider it similar to planar bass, it's so smooth it's ridiculous.

You should also note, HD800 are treble all over, DT1990 have very tame treble, even compared to the 880/990.

>the beyer guy is in here posting about cans
>people from last thread are still arguing and trying to cause a argument

yikes

The 1990s excite my canal resonance in a bad way, otherwise I'd agree. You can tuck the fabric back in the headband by slightly unscrewing the clips on the sides and pushing them in. Happened to me once and after doing that hasn't happened to me again.

But did you know? He has MONEY. Money to buy 1600 dollar headphones every couple weeks!

AND a GIRLFRIEND. Did I mention he has a girlfriend?

kill me

just realized that both senn and beyer is german.

buy stax and I will

Thanks for the rundown. Do you have a favorite pair?

fine, I'll will them to you

hahahaah

basically you put all these on the table and called one a virgin to which he came out and said he was in a relationship
but it's all the beyer poster and he just came out and said I HAVE MONEY
I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!

beyer posters seem like angels compared to you retards right now

>germans
>used to be nazis
>hd800 grille looks like a black sun, a nazi symbol
Maybe snapheiser is based after all

Attached: sennheiser_HD800_Photo_driverexplodeddiagram.jpg (300x271, 41K)

I switch between My DT880 and K400 often

oh fuck unironically based sennheiser
this user has lost it
this user has never had it to begin with

If your first response to someone being distasteful of a house sound signature is "ur poor" then yes you are a fucking sad beyerposter.

See
these are what I was referring to

i read the last thread
he explained why he didn't buy second hand and yousperged out you fucking retarded nigger cunt

stop shitting up the thread you dumb fuck

He explained that shit fucking AFTER going all "POORFAG" on one guy.

yeah it should be "ur stupid" because you're dumb as fuck if you don't EQ

Awesome. I'll do some reading and see. Just trying to get some excitement about headphones and music again, I've had my current audio setup for years now.

see why are you defending a reddit nigger?

was that poorfag you? if not shut the fuck up you dumb shit
i see one beyer poster in here ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT HEADPHONES! while you are bitching and asking for backup to scare him off

fucking retard you and your boyfriend and fucking up the thread

No faggot I was just tired of seeing that shit last thread

That's actually a fair argument, three orders of magnitude better than "you can't afford these relatively expensive cans."

>being this angry about fucking up a thread when a new one can be made any time it reaches bump limit

Attached: 1522177240196.gif (600x338, 2.87M)

so you bring it to the new thread? idiot
per usual dumb italians who owns HD600 trolling the thread

yeah the only thing to watch out with the beyers they dont age well compared to the modern DT880 the treble is a bit more sharp but i had Oratory from r/headphones measure them and create a custom Eq for these specific headphones and they are really hard to fault with the eq on

Attached: DT880-With-Image.jpg (4000x2000, 1.01M)

This is what Stax used to cost when only retired boomers bought them.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-14 PriceJapan com.png (1259x1335, 597K)

Imagine being you where you got so riled up you shit up two threads, just because someone called you poor. I now love beyerdynamic posters.

Attached: 00b66655f3c3e05e2d1ab54aa18f025c--german-army-wwii.jpg (236x280, 14K)

I did a fair bit better than those prices, you just have to look. Those are 'lowest' prices, not average ones.

its due to the shit stock pads. even tay tay knows you need to pad swap. get with it homie

Attached: 1507092809_1488839357_taylor-swift-pick-you-up.gif (500x260, 1.3M)

Maybe a different driver revision?

HOW MANY TIMES

IT WAS NOT ME

nevermind, I'll admit I didn't even read your post or graphs I just wanted to post taylor

If it wasn't you, why do you continue to dip your nose into it and continue to bring it up? It was you, or your pocket bitch. Either way beyerdynamic posters can stay.
If they continue to piss piss dumb Italian niggers they are fine in my books.

Attached: gettyimages-2026-430-640x640.jpg (480x360, 20K)

according to Oratory he said it was just a breakdown of the driver and that the way that the sound sig was changed it would make sense but yeah thats a possiblity for a different driver

lol

Because it's annoying

Sony MDR-7506 or Takstars?

Attached: 56318ca8e80a817cb4652bc751f5cf04424b69c3_full.jpg (184x184, 15K)

never heard a complaint about Takstar

either everyone who bought them is dead or they're solid.

Why is there so much infighting among audiophiles?

wearing it S D R A W K C A B

The "lowest price to destination" is exactly what you paid in total when you ordered with PJ.

Fuck it I'm deleting my angry at shitposter posts and going to bed

Goodnight, princess.

>Fritz Sennheiser
>He was responsible for sending coded messages for the German Army during World War II.

Post cans. I know a lot of us have more than one so post what you're using right now.

Attached: IMG_20181114_001707.jpg (3024x4032, 3.18M)

Hmmm

Attached: 1507515452330.png (645x773, 23K)

>so post what you're using right now.
Sorry, I don't respond to poorfag setups

>02 amp with used cans

so he was right you are a poorfag....

Poor

Attached: IMG_20181114_002039.jpg (3024x4032, 3.31M)

Are these really just cheap trash?

No they're supposedly comparable to the HD 660

I got my Fostex TR-X00 Mahoganies in today. They're just the colored set of headphones I was looking for.

i thought beyer was just being a jerk but he was fucking right now i know why you sperged out when he called you a poorfag, and i defended your ass fuck my life

Attached: 1 g4zsvHxslR-946bI_twV-w.jpg (400x388, 27K)

>closed back stax
I didn't even know that was a thing

Attached: 1508118420913.png (632x633, 442K)

Both are good but the sonys need a pad swap to be comfortable. Takstars are really comfy out of the box

What do you mean?

I do okay, thanks though.

These little guys could use a little more amplification. I'm thinking of pairing them with the THX-AAA 789, what do you guys think?

Attached: IMG_20181113_212546479.jpg (3200x2400, 2.31M)

>Why is there so much infighting among audiophiles?
too many newfag immigrants from reddit who all have opinions

Attached: 1525843304130.jpg (258x330, 29K)

Apparently very heavy to wear.

Attached: 4070.png (871x451, 54K)

just post your stax you old fucking coon

Attached: 1539103138866.jpg (461x598, 33K)

I'm working on them right now okay I'll have something cool to show next week

Forgive me, I'm new to this but aren't those supposed to work on pretty much anything?

Attached: setup.jpg (1280x960, 121K)

How are they? Anything good about them? What you mostly use them for?

They sound very good, I would say on par with HD600.

You own hd 600 too? Any complaints?

They're a little weak on the sub bass and clampy brand new. Otherwise solid.

I am so confused right now

give me a hint I gave you a hint for what I'm doing a couple days ago

Let's purge this board.

please be less shit tomorrow fml

Fucking kill me now

What the hell happened?

gas the kikes RACE WAR NOW!!!!!

This is the worst fucking thread I've ever seen. How about we start over?

It's a shame no one is even mentioning music. Like Chicago Transit Authority on SACD. But y'all just keep bitching amongst yourselves, children.

Attached: Chernoybl reactor.jpg (557x720, 130K)

Test