Thoughts on the current Distrowatch rankings?

Thoughts on the current Distrowatch rankings?

Attached: hitranks.png (763x338, 25K)

>page hit ranking
its literally nothing

They have based taste for putting Manjaro at the very top

Manjaro fags REPRESENT

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-14 17-34-36.png (3840x2160, 612K)

Why would you use Manjaro and not Arch?

Why should I use Manjaro over Arch if I want stability?

Manjaro is literally the Mint of Arch
Also
>MX Linux
Why do people fall for the "light distro" meme, just use Debian or Arch for fuck's sake

Installer, mhwd, default installed packages, saves a lot of time while installing.

>just use Debian or Arch for fuck's sake
MX is literally easy as all fuck to use, well maintained, and is completely underrated.

R-represent! >_

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 7.10.27 AM.jpg (2880x1800, 315K)

This. Ubuntu has more users likely than any other distro combined, for desktop use.

subtle

The measure of that infograph is literally how many times someone clicks the link on distrowatch. It’s retarded and doesn’t equate to anything.

Also Manjaro is hot trash.

Hold on

Attached: kwWAWPN.jpg (1323x1600, 118K)

You misspelled Antergos.

MX has no systemd.

why would you do that

>elementary and mint everywhere near the top
>mx linux not 1st
>manjaro
It's absolute shit

Why is Elementary getting popular?

The installation process isn't autistic and it comes with more software out of the box.

New Linux users looking for easy to use systems.

>The installation process isn't autistic and it comes with more software out of the box.
Do you need someone who takes your hand, babby?

Imagine being autistic enough to think inconvenience is a good thing.
Yes, I need to have as much shit done out of the box as possible because I'm not a NEET who has an hour to spend on installing and configuring bullshit when it can be done in a minute.

Kino

I like fedora but not so hot on gnome, what other de should I try?

Oh so distros without good seo for their own pages rank higher.

>t. faggot NPC

Attached: 1540874353923.jpg (1100x779, 503K)

There is no way this is even close to accurate, is it? It has to be Ubuntu in #1. Because this is by pageview, it's likely Distrowatch ranks high when people are searching for manjaro, but ranks low when people are searching Ubuntu.

BTW anyone know the url of that website that used to give out linux user numbers? you would enter your distro and it would give you a small image that says "your are linux user #xxxx" people used to put them in forum signatures.

>I'm not a NEET who has an hour to spend on installing and configuring bullshit when it can be done in a minute
Oh sorry, businessman. I see, you're so busy and have so little time that you are spending it shitposting on 4chin.

nvm the name of the site is linuxcounter.net

Fedora KDE is one of the best.

mint/cinnamon is the only of those distros that supports my 3x 4k display setup @ hidpi out of the box.

manjaro doesn't break every 2 weeks

my arch setup installs in literally 2 commands (pass and name) because im not retarded and know not to just follow a wiki page

i++;

Manjaro has broken randomly more on me than any other distro. Manjaro once decided to remove my fucking swap partition for no reason after restoring from hibernation. I have no idea how it managed it, and I couldn’t extend my home logical volume with lvm to use the extra space. It just disappeared. Manjaro literally ate my fucking disk space.

Had to end up creating a swap file until other Manjaro issues caused me to find a non-shit distro

I have never used a more broken fucking distro in ten years of using gnu/Linux. It makes Arch look like fucking Debian in comparison.

It’s a babies first distro which doesn’t even work properly, and the only people use it other than one of the *buntus is unwarranted superiority, unwarranted because they’re both gnu/Linux for babies.

imagine being this retarded

>my arch setup installs in literally 2 commands (pass and name)
No one cares about your unofficial, unmaintained, unreviewed script

Distrowatch, didn't think it was still up, you must be the first person going there this month.

Even looking at reddit Linux distro subreddit subscriber numbers would give you a hundred times more relevant results than Distrowatch.

>DW based on page rankings.
The top two distros have Firefox default homepage set to their disrto page. Hmmmmmmmmmm

nigga it's a fucking bash script that sets up the drive, downloads shit and injects configs
what the fuck is there to maintain

go back

>imagine being this jaded

the script is actually called LARBS and it's both reviewed and maintained

>New Linux users looking for easy to use systems.
ease of use is different for everyone. my first distro was arch

I use elementary. It’s buggy as shit, doesn’t support any language input other than English and occasionally my lock screen will display sideways. I hope it will get better soon.

>not making your own OS
>need someone to hold your hand little child?

> debian
> debian based distros in front of it

SOME ONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT NOW

Attached: hardcore-henry-1.jpg (618x412, 35K)

Damn, Ubuntu is sinking pretty fast. Normies seem to dislike the switchback to Gnome.

*snap*

Debian is unusable.

because these forks of debians are design specifically to be more appealing to normies

so what you are saying is debian should become mint and mint should become debian because i am all fucking for it

t. cinnamon guy

Attached: Lost Soul image.jpg (630x420, 47K)

LMDE

It's a shame to admit, yes.

Same-ish result and a lot less time spent on setup. Setting up arch is great first 3 times, then it's just SO TEDIOUS.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-14 14-49-03.png (1919x899, 215K)

>lmde

the installer is shithouse

who the fuck visit distro watch??? most peoples dont even know that hideous site exists, and their rating means NOTHING.

Holy shit Manjaro is a fucking car crash.

based MX Linux

t. archfag

luke's bitch

Works for me. :^)

no shit but his script is cool

I think Arch and Arch based systems are the reason why we get anti-Linux threads on Jow Forums.

Attached: 922f069b0c87df271dd1fa6db44ac137e36abae5100d2daf45a147f07e18f57f.jpg (687x476, 36K)

manjaro gang

Attached: 2018-11-14_16-54.png (1293x866, 141K)

I tend not to go for the popular distros. I personally prefer the underdogs; although it's nice to know what distros are trending. I run Solus Gnome (both on my laptop and computer).

why would you use either?

maybe because some people dont want literal aids as their init daemon

Does the nvidia gpu switching work properly on manjaro? it was called bumblebee or something right?

When I tried MX it kept freezing, not sure why,but since switching to the minimal netinstall of Debian it hasn't happened once.

Hello...........................
Arch is a rolling release.
Nobody's checking distrowatch daily to see if the new Arch iso is released yet.
>page hit ranking counting the first distro you click on distrowatch counted once per day by unique IP.

Linucks newbs are always looking up the worst distros.

If this was a legitimate power-ranking then Manjaro, Mint and Elementary would be near the bottom of the top 50.

top 3 and 7 don't count because most of them are prolly people looking for other shit and running into these sites accidentally

You do know that Distrowatch rankings correspond neither to popularity or usage?

LIke copy/pasting out of a wiki makes you elite. You're getting hand-held just as much.

>we're really gonna pretend more people use MX than Ubuntu

k

This

average arch user everyone.

Mint is getting really popular, freshmans at universIty are all instally mint instead of ubuntu, it's been this way for a few years.
I don't think mint is close to ubuntu popularity, but it's rising fast.

manjaro's installer is a buggy garbage

Arch users tend to give elitist snob vibes because arch doesn't have a install script.