Is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable windows update?

Is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable windows update?

Attached: Windows-10-Professional-OEM.jpg (1000x1000, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ameliorated.info
ameliorated.info/files/AME_1511_English_x64(15.7.2018).iso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Gentoo

LTSB/LTSC

Ltsd

LSD

>windows >type "server" > search "Windows Update" and "BITS" > Left click "Prop" > Disable.

Wow we just defeat the Matrix or what ever you paranoid losers believe

Attached: 1460884047218.jpg (930x930, 127K)

You can disable windows altogether by installing gentoo tho

Set up HTTP proxy at your router, and only give Windows access to local network, then use this proxy in your browser.

nevermind I figured it out

Group policy you pleb

You have to disable all services, windows update, bits, Update Orchestrator Service, Delivery Optimization and deny access for system, also in group policy, cause I got LTSC 2018 and even when i disable services fucker turn them on

even in scheduler there is a task for enabling update, turn it off too

These

Attached: u.png (1361x634, 40K)

Yes. Reformat and install windows 10 AME

ameliorated.info

>Windows 10 AME aims at delivering a stable, non-intrusive yet fully functional build of Windows 10 to anyone, who requires the Windows operating system natively. Spyware systems, which are abundant in Windows 10 by default, have not been disabled using group policy, registry entries or various other workarounds – they have been entirely removed and deleted from the system, on an executable-level. This includes Windows Update, and any related services intended to re-patch the system via what is essentially a universal backdoor. Core applications, such as the included Edge web-browser, Windows Media Player, Cortana, as well as any appx applications, have also been successfully eliminated. The total size of removed files is about 2 GB.

Attached: 64cb65ae4f86f0574cb8a951182b94568c3ffd30439e49b098b2e700c3ccccb7.jpg (499x750, 180K)

>actually installing berniefag furshitter garbage

block windows update IPs

How can a company that's been the top software producer for decades create a world where users are against staying up-to-date with their products?

if you said botnet i would of asked for [citation needed] but you clearly need to take you medication crazy guy

Yes, get a mac. You are too fucking retarded for even Windows and seeing how retarded the average windows user is, this says something.

Fuck off. Provide a guide on how to do all of that on a clean ISO (which you won't, of course) or it's worth nothing.

BTW, why would you want windows updates completely disabled on 10? I can understand not wanting some of the new "features" but 10 has been always buggy and unstable. I can understand 8.1 and 7 which at least are stable enough at this point.

Yes, and it's called AME. If you don't like that solution, don't install Windows. LTSB/LTSC are memes propagated by Jow Forums and can only be obtained through illegitimate methods. Face it, Windows is a consumer product, and if you don't like that, don't use it. Not sure why a user in this instance doesn't simply use Linux, unless they want to play video games on their computer like a child.

shut the fuck up you gigantic faggot. i read their documentation and its solid

reality check: i trust this guys iso much more than i trust microsoft not to fuck me. this is the state off affairs

here is the iso try it.

ameliorated.info/files/AME_1511_English_x64(15.7.2018).iso

Attached: 1522983390349.jpg (458x458, 28K)

So you trust yourself? Rich. Fuck off you worthless shill. I told you to get the fuck out multiple times in different threads.

How well does AME run? Any of you anons ever come across issues with it?

thanks man i thought i was the only AME guy on Jow Forums

i didnt trust for the for the first year and only ran as a VM inside my debian laptop.....then i ran it bare metal on a home theatre PC and now i just use it everywhere,

>i want to be the victim of wannacry II
>WHY IS WINDOWS SO INSECURE

im not Richard and I use linux when i do anything important

as i said its all about trust and now if i have to do anything on WINTEL i trust them more than i trust M$ to not just fuck my shit up

Attached: 1533402259540.jpg (1084x1333, 156K)

No sane person would install homebrew version of Windows

It eliminates the sole reason to use w10 - dx12.

Oh yes. Making your PC unbootable or deleting personal files makes sure no one can touch them.

I don't understand why no one can see the genius in this.

Or when drivers break again! No distracting sounds and you might even get a reason to go do something productive outside!

Sure thing homie.

All problems caused by updating, not clean installs. No doubt the poos at MS are not doing their job right. But if you're going to live with vulnerabilities, why not use better shit like previous versions of Windows?

Are you suggesting everyone should perform clean installs every time there's an update or what?

>windows service vulnerabilities can be remotely exploited even through a firewall
that's pretty god tier hacking desu

format c:

>Making your PC unbootable
Nice try.

>deleting personal files
Only if you totally trash your profile folder - which a handful of stupid people did, I'm the first to admit. Or play with GP settings you don't understand. So we're going to do another stupid thing - disable updates - and everything will be peachy?

I find it utterly amazing how quick (say) freetards are to hit the "your fault" button, but when it's clearly the user's fault and it's Windows, oh, it's obviously Windows' fault.

you can do those on Windows 10 Pro, just not home

It can't update if you don't connect it to the internet :^)

>Only if you totally trash your profile folder
Uh, what?

I'm suggesting that Microsoft has been always shitty about feature updates, and they do those much more frequently now. That's a workaround if you really, REALLY need 1809 and you don't want those nasty bugs. You're expected to do clean installs because they are just that shitty.

What's rich is that they have more and more issues now, even though they get supposedly more feedback from users, insiders and telemetry to gather around. You'd think at this point they would have a solid system.

Yes. Don't you actually KNOW how this bug works (and it is a bug - it just requires users to fuck with their registry to trigger later on), or are you just spouting memes?

uninstall brain.
Or install gentoo.

Nah, it couldn't be that this goof just read 4 or 5 articles out there and went with the meme.

I don't think we are talking about the same bug here

And people from MS have come out and said the deletion bug was related to OneDrive feature and windows client and onedrive teams not communicating properly. And both team missing obvious use case-scenarios from testing.

Except it wasn't. That's the funniest part. When it first came along, everybody was grasping at straws to figure out why. It took a few days to figure out most people had moved their profile folders (but left orphaned files in the original place), and the rest had fucked with the profile expiration GP.

>It took a few days to figure out most people had moved their profile folders (but left orphaned files in the original place),
This is the use case I was talking about. And I'm missing the reason to delete that in the first place.

>and the rest had fucked with the profile expiration GP.
Even home users who can't access that and have no reason to touch it even in the reg for any reason?

Install Gentoo

> dx12
> games

honestly if pushing bits around in a simulation (gaming) is your thang you deserve to be owned by M$ and the glow in the darks naggers

Attached: 4B49F34400000578-5631223-That_s_impressive_The_29_year_old_rocked_a_pair_of_high_heels_fo-a-3_152408 (306x517, 36K)

Oh, right. Linux still can't do anything useful.

>And I'm missing the reason to delete that in the first place.
Because you don't know how the Windows installer has worked since Vista. It doesn't do "upgrades" anymore (not as we knew them in XP and earlier) - it basically runs USMT to suck up changes to the registry (hence the userdiff.* files), moves the Windows folder to Windows.old, and uses the information that it's gathered to basically blast the rest. Your documents folder etc. isn't in C:\Users\user anymore, so it's a candidate for nuking. The only mistake M$ made here is offering an option to not move your files when you change your profile folder location.

The latter is a real bug. Because of the way setup works (just factoring changes it can see), it loses track of when the user profiles were last touched. New Windows comes up, it sees user profiles that were, as far at it's concerned, last touched in 1601 AD, and blasts them.

As you can see, both of them require the user to fuck with the system in order to trigger. Why anyone would leave files on C: drive when moving their profile folders (which they're presumably moving to another drive) is beyond my comprehension. Why you would have profile expiration outside of a (terminal) server is also a head-scratcher. But they did. And these were the results.

>And I'm missing the reason to delete that in the first place.
Almost forgot. How fucking difficult can it be to add a check to see if a folder previously marked as user folder still contains files to NOT FUCKING DELETE ANYTHING? How fucking difficult is that? This is amateur level stuff. How fucking stupid are they?

>linux is not useful in the real world

are you even a fucking person and have you ever had a job you gigantic NPC ?

Nah, just felt like making equally stupid reply to another stupid reply. Sorry about that.

I never asked for all this and it keeps hogging my shitty 2mbps internet without even asking at the worst times possible pls help

Attached: 2018-11-14 13_30_05-Settings.png (725x326, 24K)

Since how to stop it is all over the Internet, I'm just going to recline here and laugh at you.

>Ameliorated
bad meme

Just download any Enterprise, preferably LTSB/C, or Server version and apply the 'Windows Restricted Traffic Limited Functionality Baseline'. You can still use wusa and DISM to apply updates manually. It's quite easy because Microsoft releases those big Cumulative Updates nowadays so you just download 1-2 updates a month. Alternatively reset the two policies in and use WuMgr. It uses the same backend as Windows Update but actually lets you select which updates to download/install/hide, similar to Windows 7.

Attached: ltsc.png (1024x768, 143K)

>press pause
>ok user, updates will resume in 30 days
>my internet is still being fucked in the background so my night is ruined
>30 days pass
>because I already paused it for 30 days I can't pause it this time
>don't want to replace my legit win10 pro with some pirated version

All I'm seeing is that MS has built a system where with their very own tools the user can do harm simply by pressing the wrong button in that very tool which is perfectly harmless in normal circumstances. Shame MS has no ability to make safe-guards here.

Also why does profile expiration not delete/disable the whole account as well instead of just deleting files?

>i can't get my h/c loli pages scraped inside a month
>i can't do anything more complex than click "pause"
I'm sorry user, but I believe you're beyond help.

Just don't use Windows, you retard. Why would you even want to use that piece of shit?

Nice digits.

>Shame MS has no ability to make safe-guards here.
You know the funniest part? There WERE safeguards. M$ "optimised" it, because they didn't think users would be stupid enough to do it. After handing users a gun (in the form of the option mentioned above) since Windows 7 (IIRC). Behold, blown-off feet.

>Also why does profile expiration not delete/disable the whole account as well instead of just deleting files?
Because it's PROFILE expiration - account expiration is something completely different. Remember, not all accounts are used for full, interactive logon.

Ah yes, the OpenBSD approach to security.

That's the way it is. Windows 10 "Pro" is a shitty version that doesn't give you as much control. You need Enterprise/Education/Server.

Stop trying to fix something that's inherently broken and move to an OS that respects your freedom and privacy.

>maybe if i shout it for the 20 trillionth time somebody will listen!
Shoo, child.

>maybe if it try to fix this bs microsoft is making my computer do without my consent for the 200 billiontrillionth time they'll stop!

>implying obtaining AME is legitimate
>implying AME is legitimate

>child
>still uses the same toy OS he used as a kid
You are clearly too young to be here

Then run something else if you're too stupid to figure it out.

Or you don't understand that Windows over 30 years of history. But that's OK kid, you'll grow up one day.

>Or you don't understand that Windows over 30 years of history
History of being garbage, unusable, and malicious.

I use macOS and it works perfectly.

Yet still has 10x the market share of all the alternatives put together. Have you ever considered trying to play up to 's strengths, when you see just how far "knock M$ at any cost" has gotten you in the last few decades?

It's almost like popularity is not a measurement of quality.

Hey, buddy. You used the wrong line here.

Good man. I have a soft spot for macOS. It proves that Unix can be done right - if you throw as much of GNU away as you possibly can.

> PERMANENTLY disable windows update

Auto updates were made because of retarded people like you who think it's scary to download security patches.

This. MUTHAFUCKING THIS. Sear this into your brains, sc config type=disabled crowd.

>it's scary
Gee, wonder why?

I'll bite: name one security update that has broken Windows.

This is when you'll list a feature update (i.e. a whole new operating system), and we'll line up to laugh at you.

install LGBT

Confirmed, it just werks

Underrated

What I can think of off the top of my head:

NT 4.0 SP4 - didn't break Windows, broke applications because they changed one of the Interlocked*() APIs return values.
Windows 2000 SP1 - again, didn't break Windows, but did break some applications that fiddled with the IP stack - host firewalls, for example.
XP SP2 is a classic - but that was restoring security that should have existed from the get-go, but they had to castrate it so Win9x programs (still a big thing in 2001) would run.

Didn't one of the Vista SPs break something too?

auto updates are only relevant if you're tech illiterate or running a public windows server

Are you a sucker of everything that is popular?
Disgusting, I dont even want to take a look at your playlist

> isn't good enough to do that
Pottery.

ebin

ITT: win10 ptsd

Ah, so you're an insecure faggot that needs his views and choices validated by the masses all the time. In that case just buy an iphone and fuck off.

I expected the T and S to be swapped, and not the replacement of L with P

Im not defending any OS, Im just criticizing you way of making decisions, but its ok, all those posts pay your meals doesnt it shill?

are you laughing faggot? Now go play in traffic you dumbfuck.

I have a job, Windows is everything out there, Windows works, and since time is money, in a very real sense, I am "paid" to use it.

Pic related. As demonstrated, I know way, WAY more about what you knock than you do. I can troll myself way better than you can. Think about that, you stupid worthless piece of dog shit.

Attached: why yes yes i am.png (491x120, 5K)

Retards like you are why Wannacry was so effective even though it was patched 3 months prior to the outbreak.

>I am "paid" to use it.
>therefore I have to justify its usage
>that way I cope with the feeling that what I make holds no real value
>Yup, my job is not responsible for making the illusion of value, Im useful Im useful
>Thats why I have a job, because Im useful Im useful Im useful

Unlike you, yes.

Unplug ethernet
Forget Wi-Fi network

>actually implying this is a bad thing
If you believe this shit kid your gonna spend a lot of your life on welfare and in prison.

>size
>81.94 GB
Excuse me what