i can't help it
help me please

comfy as fuck

that's really comfy tho!

Ok let's see:
>installed on ssd
>still use ddr3 because the latter is too pricey
>got me on the arm cpu sadly
>unix philosophy is a sham, emacs does a million things well but the one thing it's supposed to do, edit text, is just shameful

I do.
I use ddr2
C2Q 6600
Never did

openbsd with dwm and st would fly on that
use surf + tabbed + newsboat + mpv for internet

>im behind 7 layers of irony

Attached: ANGRY..png (349x491, 203K)

>128GB BX500
>3000mhz DDR4
>nope, x64 cpu
>nope, I believe in Windows ;3

>OS on memory stick
>internal hard drive hosts home folder
Rate me.

About as comfy as being mentally disabled

Same as me. Ddr2 is literally fine desu

>he still makes this thread.

>>he still installs his operating system on a hdd
I do
>>he still uses ddr3 ram
I do, indeed
>>he still uses an ARM CPU
Now wait a minute... pretty much everyone does at this point.
>>he still believes in the UNIX philosophy
Wait what

I feel like your slightly improved version, lmao
>ddr2 4gb 800mhz
>core 2 quad q8200
>750gb HDD

I don't believe UNIX philosophy hahaha

Attached: sad.jpg (446x500, 140K)

>implying DDR3 is shit
imagine paying 2x the price for RAM just so you can run games slightly better on Coffee Lake

>be me
>help me please
how about going back to redit?

Where do you get the ARM CPU? All the SBCs suck balls and it is not that easy to run them with a HDD

Unix, going back to the 70s, has never had a philosophy beyond "knock everything else on the market because this shit isn't good enough to be talked up". It continues to this day with the common freetard.

>assuming DDR3 is bad
Hah. Workplace PCs are being retired all over. I go me a ton a i5-3570 3.4 GHz CPUs. Top that off with even more DDR3 4 GB sticks. Bought bundle pack of Micro atx boards dirt cheap and a few full atx boards. I have now the ability to build 8 fully functional i5 systems with 8-16 GB of ram. Oh and SSDs are down to $30 for a 120 GB.

I think you're confused

>he still installs his operating system on a hdd
nah, ssd
>he still uses ddr3 ram
okay
>he still uses an ARM CPU
typing this on an ARM machine right now
>he still believes in the UNIX philosophy
strong believer in the power of chaining together smaller programs to do more shit
but when it comes to the "do one thing, do it well" bit... well, I use the GNU tools, and even cat has like 12 options on this machine

Sounds fine for openBSD.

No
Yes
No
Sometimes

yikes

get a FX4300 and 4gb ddr3, bulldozers arent that expensive oh, and consider a 120gb SSD next to your 320gb hdd

>x64 cpu
you dont know what you are talking about

>buy thinkpad
>ddr3 ram
>sata 1 hhd
>too lazy to change them
>install gentoo
>it just werks
t. frogposter

Attached: 1528448504447.jpg (246x271, 9K)

>hdd
Okay, I use an SSD, that's cool
>ddr3
Nope
>ARM
What about arm is dated, it's not like it used to be popular
>still believes in the UNIX philosophy
nigger I'll kill you

If you believe poetry and literature, it's one of the more enjoyable things

Means 64-bit only, freetard. Get your crusty 32-bit binaries out of here lol.

Okay, I say this but I use emacs. I believe in the UNIX philosophy, but I don't think everything should use it. Just that some things are nice.

What's wrong with that?

No, dumbfuck, ARM has nothing to do with 64 or 32-bit. Standard Intel and AMD are x86 (stupidly called x86_64 for 64-bit, which is where "x64" came from). Lots of mobile processors and some desktops are ARM, which is a generally more energy efficient architecture. One architecture that's on the rise for smaller applications like embedded microprocessors called microcontrollers is RISC-V. RISC-V is an open-source Reduced Instruction Set architecture. That means it only has a few "commands" the cpu can run, instead of many specialized commands like x86. ARM is also somewhat RISC.

Clarification: x86 is 32bit. x86_64 is 64bit. No one gives a shit, so they're both called x86. Technically, x86 is actually very, very old, and goes back to a 16-bit processor, the intel 8086 from 1978. The saying goes that you could run 8086 code on a modern processor because intel makes sure that everything is backwards compatible. While this is nice, it does sacrifice some performance because their hands are tied about some things. They mitigate a lot of the problems from that by having a lot of old commands that aren't used often emulated on the chip instead of being implemented as their own command in hardware. They're slower, but they're not used often so it doesn't matter.

>UNIX philosophy
Do you know how utterly fucking retarded saying this makes you sound?

Its like saying you follow the OSX philosophy.

What the fuck is your problem?

Isn't it i386 for 32bit proc? What about that?

I want to replace my 64b CPU (i7 4thGen at 2.9ghz to an arm (1.2ghz i.MX6) is it going to be a bit slower? Or reaaaally slower. My cpu usage rarely go above 20% usage on daily task. Mostly around 5 to 1%.

And is musl binaries lighter on cpu usage compared to glibc?

Attached: hm.png (218x226, 79K)

You post retarded shit every single day and get called out for it, go and google unix philosophy

Are you really this retarded?