Post the worst tech related predictions you've ever seen. Pic related

Post the worst tech related predictions you've ever seen. Pic related

Attached: theinternetbah3.jpg (854x570, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linux.com/news/global-it-firm-predicts-linux-will-have-20-desktop-market-share-2008
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Lacking editors, reviewers or critics, the Internet has become a wasteland of unfiltered data.
Seems pretty accurate to me.

Objectively wrong

Attached: 1538686890218.png (657x527, 19K)

works on my machine

Attached: 24623.png (2008x1419, 458K)

You just proved him right ya idgit.

Attached: 3c5LXvr.jpg (600x448, 27K)

Attached: 1536636133643.jpg (638x558, 64K)

>a corporate entity can alter peoples perceptions of world history by changing a default search result

How is that different than a textbook manufacturer?

This article enrages me.
This massive filtering of the internet by megacoperations is the precise reason the internet is going to shit

It would be helpful if schools and colleges would get their fingers out of their asses and not give people shit for using wikipedia. I speak as someone who marks papers and the amount of shit that people write because they've googled something, skipped wikipedia and ended up on some entirely wrong youtube video about the subject is beyond funny

far more accurate. can change history second by second.

Make your own search engine then

Attached: IMG_20181031_085324.jpg (1000x1000, 208K)

frogposters would sent to prison if we had any sort of reviewers

Attached: yx5n6ef23bd11.png (708x420, 43K)

>"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will."
Albert Einstein, 1932

>"The horse is here to stay but the automobile is only a novelty—a fad."
The president of the Michigan Savings Bank advising Henry Ford's lawyer not to invest in the Ford Motor Co., 1903

>A rocket will never be able to leave the Earth’s atmosphere.”
New York Times, 1936

>here is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable

he is literally right tho

>what are nuclear power plants

Attached: 1539099233131.jpg (489x766, 43K)

Attached: 10Ghzby2011.png (1080x1920, 157K)

there are many but there's only 1 google

They not only "predicted", as designed the pentium 4 with this in mind.
Huge bipeline, made from the ground up for 15Ghz.
All they had to do was to "fix the small issue of the transistor power leakage".

>nuclear energy
>steam from boiling water

pick one

Attached: 77aec0d5df20f0a12680ddaf84601554.jpg (960x480, 44K)

"Amazon will never be profitable"

nice source and filter on your shitpost comrade.
go jail you go.

Someday, when everything is dystopian SAAS cloudshit, this will be true.

he predicted beyond the future

it isn't.
wrong. textbooks are incorrect all the time and nobody can call them out on it.

it takes months, sometimes years or even a decade for you to get through to the writers and prove something wrong in textbooks. on the internet, for any wiki it takes seconds. for any blog it may take days.. or you can simply ignore it and go check other sources and compare them. can't do that with text books unless you buy 30 of them.

they should have went for it. they'd have way better single core performance today and nobody could compete. that's all gaymen care about anyway.

You're thinking of PaaS or IaaS. Usually you self host for SaaS deliverables.

yes and how do they boil the water ?

Battle of trafalgar happened in October 1805. This took me 10 seconds to find out. Writer in the OP pic is a literal boomer retard.

>burning coal
>current in a wire

>pick one

We can use energy because it can be converted retard

Was I supposed to dry my hair or charge my phone with a nuclear reaction

Article was written in the 90s

I thought that no one would actually be dumb enough to buy one, but here we are.

Attached: Original-iphone-2g-2007.jpg (1524x1066, 536K)

Andy Spano Lmao what a crook, forgot about that guy

Attached: quote-who-in-their-right-mind-would-ever-need-more-than-640k-of-ram-bill-gates-55-87-89.jpg (850x400, 60K)

Based. Bloatcucks BTFO

You're right, Google was not made by the government. Therefore any criticism regarding it should all be reduced to "build your own"

It's only the largest corporation on Earth with its hands in every facet of our lives dictating the information we receive, the entertainment we watch and our ability to interact with the digital world. That apparently has more clout than the country of China, who they refused to bow down to.

Thank you for that valuable contribution, Norman T. Redditor.

How much RAM does Edge occupy?

Google actually was founded by the government indirectly. The two cofounders started what turned into Google as a PHD research project at Sandford which was funded by a National Science Foundation grant. Basically, they got free funding for the initial start of Google. If they had used an investor, like a venture capital firm, they would have given up a huge chunk of Google right out the gate.

lol this

t. intel damage control dept.

linux.com/news/global-it-firm-predicts-linux-will-have-20-desktop-market-share-2008

Attached: Dumbest Thing I Ever Read.png (836x580, 50K)

the internet just reflects back what humans are

you've got the worst and the best all together and everything in between

that's not a prediction that's him saying a thing that was relevant at the time

only the military used computers at that time

FOR BETTER AND FOR WORSE

Stare at the abyss, the abyss stares back at you and what keeps you out of the abyss is your own character

The internet isn't a reflection of humanity that's a long shot to a void oblivion btw no mind games

Press F to spit on NetBurst's grave.

I have a Prescott P4 around here somewhere. My loogie completely evaporated before it hit the CPU.

So use Bing
There's also only one textbook my Jew-ass professor lets me use, the one that he wrote himself that has a code you need to prove you actually bought it.

dude, imagine a time where computers would need to double the ram every 5 years to just do the same things!

Attached: 1542153744510.gif (220x216, 2.62M)

Indeed. You can call them out, but who will listen or care?

Attached: 1533335254281.jpg (1023x1138, 656K)

the stupid shit they do in schools and hollywood jews just makes me hate them more. I think it's hilarious they think it'll change minds.

They don't need to change anyone's mind - just twist and warp the next generation's. Why provide strong, defensible, logical arguments when you can just brainwash kids and have them voting for you for life? All you have to do is control the education system.

Heat is energy

I remember driving up to Fry's Electronics in 1994 to buy 16Mb of ram for $800.

This time they can get away with it since ALL corporate interests hate trump. The republicans are paid by corporate interests and so are the democrats, but trump paid himself.

I remember not having textbooks with stuff more recent than 20 years ago, the authors usually included disclaimers saying that they would always let the dust settle before writing educational books for the masses.
Is it actually mandatory for schoolkids in America to read this easily biased stuff?

That's the hilarious part. Liberals think the liberals are all great amazing pure political no lie people. Yet they're just as pathetic as any conservative politician and any politician in general. They're all pieces of shit. And people refuse to believe it.

They tried, and physics happened. They failed.

So has everyone else.

Attached: Michael-Dell-Says-I’d-Shut-Apple-Down.jpg (700x400, 60K)

I think you accidentally'd the post numbers

Radiation by atomic decay, not splitting the atom.
Unless they're literally using a chain fission reaction, and no one I'm aware of is.

this
It's sad, because it's happened to us.

can't even figure out what I was replying to desu
probably just read it wrong. Looks like first response was a reply to second quote though

>and no one I'm aware of is.
I guess you're not aware of any power plant. Power plants work with medium enriched uranium, and then they push it together until atomic decay triggers chain fission, sometimes with starters. The decay shoots out neutrons, and these neutrons hit other atoms and break them up, releasing more neutrons. This is a chain reaction. They moderate this reaction with neutron absorbers to stop it from going crazy. This reaction also releases a fuckton of heat.

Holy shit, I had no idea how nuclear power worked until this point. I know a lot about bombs and how they worked but I just assumed power plants used decay for some reason, I never even thought about it. Wow.

Well, that makes their reason for having movable rods more clear, I thought it was just to cool them down if they got too hot. Damn.

Also, decay tends to release slow neutrons, while fission releases fast neutrons, so that's why they have heavy water, it's to slow the neutrons down. Don't ask me why slow neutrons are better at splitting atoms.

>TWO DECADES ONLINE
Was this guy using the internet in the 70s?

>I'd
>not I'll
ESL?

the ONLY WAY CURRENTLY to use the nuclear energy DIRECTLY is through fusion
and this wont happen for at least 3 decades user

>at least 3 decades
Are you living in the 1960s?

If you had no idea how they worked, why were you describing how they worked?

that is, & always has been, exactly what fission reactors are designed to do
they're horrible machines, nightmare to control, because you have to keep them exactly critical, not subcritical or even a tiny bit supercritical
critical here meaning "every atom that randomly decays hits exactly one other atom on average with the shrapnel, causing that one to decay, etc.
subcritical means it sometimes doesn't chain, which means it peters out, supercritical means it hits more than just one other atom, so it grows exponentially, causing big fucking boom syndrome
so with a margjn that tight it's a despicable little device to moderate
slow ones stick, fast ones bounce off. U-235 is JUST at the edge of falling apart. one more neutron & it splits. gotta make them stick for that to happen.

we have manmade sustained fusion reaction ON EARTH and no one talks about it?

No, and we won't for 30 years!

>directly
how. you're wrong, we can't "use it directly", it's still just "way to generate heat #3,591". so tell me how fusion lets us turn atoms into electricity.

maybe. i was using it in the 80s, and it was around long before i came along.

no, we wasn't making a statement like that (as in "my company's going to shut down apple"). he was saying that if he were running apple he would shut it down (because it was losing money quite badly).

Attached: dell.jpg (480x360, 20K)

iter isnt expected to be operational untill 2027 with 2018 estimates not to mention that they will run tests for at least 2 decades as per their own P.T team
add to that that no one has come with a better design plan than tokamaks and you get the idea of just how far we are

>They moderate this reaction with neutron absorbers to stop it from going crazy.
It's basically just to stop it from getting too hot. Sort of like regulating the oxygen level / air supply in a more conventional oil/gas/wood/... burner [okay, you also regulate the fuel supply there... maybe more like a fondue burner where the fuel already is inside?].

But the rod of a nuclear power plant does not have any potential to go "boom" like a bomb or anything else actually crazy, it's not enriched enough. It would just react too quickly and get too hot..

My point is that in 30 years it sill still be 30 years away.

Attached: mpv-shot0120.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

No, the rods just eat the neutrons so the neutrons don't bounce around and fission more atoms. The deeper they are in the stack, the more neutrons they eat and the less the reaction goes.

from commercial use? the way they are going its going to be couple of aions at best

>but the rod

if you are talking about a single rod probably
but few of them stacked together with the right catalyst(cough cough fucking zirconium being hot and releasing oxygen and hydrogen)it can totally go non linear and explode granted it will be probably close to the devy crocket nuke but still a nuke none the less
(hence why the designs of the reactor allows it to be lifted up a bit due to pressure in order to let oxygen and hydrogen out exactly what happened in fukushima before the first hydrogen explosion on the roof outside of the reactor chamber)

Sort of like adjusting the size of the ventilation holes on a fondue burner.

The point is nothing "crazy" will happen even if you removed the lid entirely. It'd just burn a lot / get very hot. Which sucks for your cheese or reactor's casing, but it's pretty much as expected.

considering that first android phones arrived around 2008, they weren't that far off.

No, it really will go crazy. The heat and speed of the reaction will build up until it starts boiling the water that is cooling it. If there was no water then it'd heat up until it melted the reaction chamber and pools out into the containment unit below and then goes sub-critical. If the pressure builds up enough because of the pressurised water, then it can break the vessel in a steam explosion.

Chernobyl is what happens when you remove the control rods and then turn off the safeties.

The rods aren't enriched enough; they profoundly just can't result in a nuclear explosion or anything really wonky. They will just get hot and radiate more intensely.

Of course you might be able to evaporate/ignite other materials nearby. Yea, you can also explode a steam boiler if you block its emergency vent and just heat it more with any method [and be it coal fire with some extra oxygen].

Probably wrote that before Wikipedia existed. Clearly he was wrong with his predictions, but you had to be a visionary to see the impact the internet would eventually have 20 to 30 years later. Also, I lol'd when I read he caught a hacker or two.

No, the real reason textbooks didn't have shit newer than 20 years old was because the textbooks were that old. My school had relatively newer textbooks and the history ran right up to the (then) present day.

-t. brainlet.

this tbqh

i wasnt talking about the rods going nuclear user

hydrogen after 50 bar and in a hot enviroment releases deyterium and protium
and when deyterium encounters electrons you get a fucking thermonuclear explosion
hence why the system of letting hydrogen out of the chamber by uplifting the case is totally passive otherwise it will go nuclear

They were books written maybe 1 or 2 years prior. The authors had prologues saying they would not include recent developments until most of the picture and context for those recent developments came to the light, and to try to keep possible subconscious bias in check

> and when deyterium encounters electrons you get a fucking thermonuclear explosion
In some "random shit evaporated" gas mix that also has some deterium and such? No chance, really.

I remember when a 16KB RAM expansion for my Z80 machine was $50, circa 1982.

Gates letting China to openly pirate Windows even on official government level just to gain market share. They will pay for it - let them pirate - they will be paying customers 10 years from now.

Attached: 55db8885dd0895ea428b461d-750-563.jpg (750x563, 75K)

>android
>desktop