Attached: 33.jpg (560x1000, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/?p=1411103
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what is this>

oh shit, forgot link: arstechnica.com/?p=1411103

What an elegant solution

jesus that's arguably worse than apple

I wonder if it will at least be decent. Amir measured few dongles and they all turned out to be complete shit. Funny considering one argument for dropping jacks was "b-but you can have better quality with dongle dac"

that's among the stupider things I've seen lately, specially at a $150 price-tag. oh goodie I want to listen to music but wait I forgot my stupid modular headphone jack thingy so I can't. it's just silly.

As for the outragous price, I'm pretty sure you can get a really good music player that doesn't need a phone to operate for much less, there's plenty of really godo ones at $40-50.

good news is that this Elementary company wil probably be bankrupt and gone within a year.

They're going to replace USB with a shitty contraption like this.

Based as fuck
Literally making money from nothing

ITODDLERS BT.. oh nvm.

Attached: 8tfb93ipv9901.jpg (640x360, 55K)

and yet apple is the greedy one

So they came out with a $150 headphone attachment for an already dead phone? Wow.

What the fuck is "wireless usb"?

OH NONONONONONO

Attached: C16D28C1-96B8-43FB-BD1B-D12501D12E74.jpg (750x1334, 1.71M)

to make money you have to sell your product

>$140 for a dongle
And they said Apple's dongle was bad. (PS: Google's dongle is more expensive than Apple's)

ANTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: tumblr_oo3mpxNeKT1ridyfoo1_640.gif (543x533, 415K)

based

mfw my smartphone cost $100

Attached: 1510300826641 2.png (554x668, 19K)

>to make money you have to sell your product
>Implying there wont be shitloads of ppl who will buy it

A brilliant solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

BASED satania poster

The type c spec allows for analog audio to be muxed onto its pins. Type c -> trrs can be 100% passive, plus there's pins left over to allow for charging at the same time.

Attached: 3mm-to-USB-Type-C-adapter-with-charging.png (608x510, 93K)

>DLC comes to hardware

It was only a matter of time. We really need to put these rent seeking fucks to the sword. Nobody will, of course-- but we need to.

Attached: 1259968268368.jpg (2354x3000, 1.6M)

>applel copied hardware from us so we are gonna copy business tactics from them
and this is how companies with stupid management die

dongle hell era is back

>As for the outragous price, I'm pretty sure you can get a really good music player that doesn't need a phone to operate for much less, there's plenty of really godo ones at $40-50.
Kek I wouldn't eve pay more than 150 dollars for an entire phone let alone a fucking adapter lmao

a solid $2 of parts
wew

based debiru poster

Attached: 1515432121264.jpg (667x548, 39K)

>arguably worse than apple
I think that's their motto, and mission statement.

>(((andy rubin)))
just a coincidence

this is retarded. you can buy a USB-C>Aux for cheaper. I still don't get why we are removing headphone jacks. It's completely unnecessary

Attached: 1481898848747.jpg (239x215, 18K)

>I still don't get why we are removing headphone jacks
The practice is called "muntzing".
And it's very profitable especially after a product type has attained a set price that the public is accustomed to paying for said product.

Andy Rubin should just stick to harassing women, clearly his efforts in that has gained higher ROI than what ever he did with Essential

There is a WiUSB standard and it's meaningless because this is just a dongle. You can't take advantage of the phone's built-in DAC, which is usually quite good and comparable to portable DACs worth hundreds of dollars.

Fucking jews, it's just like circumcision: they cut your foreskin (jack) at birth and charge you for that. Then they make bank again by selling you foreskin regeneration treatment (dongles and this)

>I use metaphors about penises and foreskin, totally straight btw

>handcrafted
>100% machined titanium

Attached: 1531475723265.jpg (225x225, 9K)

based anime girl poster

>having to carry a piece of usb-c cable everywhere
>having to use a weird cable with a usb-c and 3mm jack in case you need to use both

I mean you're going to carry those wired headphones anyway, just plug the splitter on the end of them and forget about it?

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

>they cut your foreskin (jack) at birth, charge you for that, and sell it for profit in beauty products
ftfy

It'd be great if it was built into a case or wasnt so ugly.