PHP is deprecated

PHP is deprecated

Attached: lul.jpg (620x465, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/php.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pretty sure we all agree

How do you even leak memory with PHP?

if your webapp takes under 1GB of memory in one tab you are clearly not being inclusive of diverse backgrounds

I never programmed in PHP, but does it even memory management?

Oh fuck, I'm learning PHP

That guy has my genuine respect. Meanwhile niggers like poetterings insist they're god's gift to programmerkind.

BASED HOMO

Danes no

Anyway why would you go for PHP when there's so many frameworks that do pretty much everything for you.
Django is great for anything basic, and any enterprise solution should be done with EJBs so...
I don't know why people would use PHP for anything other than maintaining stuff already made. It became the COBOL or FORTRAN of the web languages.

programmer here (20 years +)
i did a 'web design' course, once years ago
found it to be fiddly,@ the time, hacking together a web page. dunno why i was even doing it .. html. in notepad, probably. took a while got some site up n running. got 70% .. was drunk 1/2 the time, desu. but there were a couple of 'switched on guys' who did it all in cold fusion, it got marked the same, it was easier. They got high marks, understood nothing. Says it all really, about programmers in general and people who "learn through an IDE". Nation of idiots & there is no distinction between those who can actually program & those who use the fking ACME AUTOPROGRAMMER.

btw. html is not programming
but it helps to be a programmer to understand such things, completely. Web design is 'design'. like flower arrangement, landscaping. It is actaully v creative. But it is not programming

i don't think this is the case anymore but back in the day interpreter of php was full of memory leaks. interpreter itself is written in c/c++

They're both shit

Plain HTML websites are no longer a thing. Nowadays it's HTML + CSS + JS + framework + whatever backend server side language.

That's what nigger js is for

yes, its garbage collection and bytecode caching is pretty good in the latest zend engines.

Theres a large push for bringing the whole request into php instead of having apache or nginx and pools of FCGI, but most larger setups keep with fcgi pools and PHP processes are terminated and restarted at the whim of the pool manager in that case, so processes never live long enough to leak memory if it does.

I write programs in html all the time, they make my computer crash constantly.

>the days when all you needed was to kill IE
good times

Cold fusion is fucking cancer

Junior dev here who had to work on that shit last year.

Doing webforms now. Still old as fuck but much better.

You're deprecated. Websites written in PHP are most comfy to read.

But he admits and recognizes it. This is healthy for the entire community and this is why I respect him. It's perfectly possible to provide a useful service or stepping stone for the community without being the best programmer on earth, but when you hide the critical security vulnerabilities in a software that you decided should take over an entire operating system from the kernel up and you pretend your shit doesn't stink, you deserve nothing short of death.

How do you know if something is leaking memory without looking at process manager?

Senior web developer/CTO here with $50M+ system experience. PHP is one of the best webdev languages to learn. Fastest speed to market, server deployment, and practical workflow. Type resilience is improving since PHP7.

Fuck off, you don't understand how cancerous PHP is. Literally number one source of CVEs for over a decade. Being humble about being a retard doesn't help one bit.

deprecated: a term used for something that someone on Jow Forums does not approve of. See "stop liking what I don't like."

My IQ is 187

I programmed a missile defence system in Assembly Language when I was 7

FuCk YoU ALL

Are those actual quotes?
Fun guy.

i suppose you could use an instrumentation tool like valgrind

PHP7 is awesome. Only LISP faggots and tranny JS swj's hate on the chad who powerlifts the interwebs.

OP is faggot.
PHP is tool to make simple websites and no one can touch it on that.
-> Make xhr request to php file
-> PHP gets parameters and queries the database with them
-> echo json_encode($result)

No way

people always claim just use Python over PHP, but I'm able to get up and running with PHP way faster than I am with Python. plus Composer is better than Pipenv.

also benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/php.html

Python is worse than PHP in many ways. People who think Python or JavaScript are better alternatives to PHP for anything beyond scripting are brainlets and a cancer on the industry. PHP is trash too, but at least it's self aware.

this, to be honest

Server side code is a meme.

Why use anything other than npm?

spoken like a true brainlet

Can you explain why Python is worse than PHP? I use neither, but I have coworkers who trashtalk the only PHP dev in the office behind their back, espousing superiority for using Python instead. They sound like they are talking out their ass, but I don't know enough to tell.

not that user, but basically, in Python everything is a statement, with all its implications

Python for application development is a dangerous meme. Off the top of my head: it's slower, has a godawful dependency management system, can't maintain backwards compatibility, shitty object system with no encapsulation, worse type system and static analysis tools. And nobody defends the crap in PHP these days, whereas pythonistas are totally delusional about their shitty scripting language and its asinine design choices. Python has its place as a scripting language, but it was created by amateurs and will always be shit, it's really, fundamentally, no better than PHP.

PHP is superior to Node in every way yet Jow Forums still shills the fuck out of that.

good luck

it's not hard