Can i get some feedback from someone who actually spent more than 2 grand on a watch? Is it worth it...

Can i get some feedback from someone who actually spent more than 2 grand on a watch? Is it worth it? If i have the cash should i drop 2 grand on a prop watch and stop wearing 200 dollar dogshit?

Attached: 1542151893180.jpg (640x640, 50K)

what is wrong with your hand?!

>being this new

Hmm. I guess everyone on Jow Forums is actually fucking poor. 2k is a weeks pay for me id think someone here would own a proper watch

go to /wg/ you twat

There isnt nigger and i wasnt going to make one

You can get a good, automatic, German or Swiss watch for less than a grand if you aren't a slave to name brands. Most people here fit into two categories, either get a Seiko for ~$200 or less or spend a fortune on a Rolex. It all comes down to do you want a good watch at a good price or do you want a status symbol. And yes there are a lot of expensive watches that are amazingly engineered and "worth" a ton of cash, but in a lot of cases you can get a great piece by a reputable brand for less than a grand.

Get into the culture and do your own research. No one should just tell you what watch to get, it's something you're going to have for decades it should be a personal decision. Don't listen to twats on Jow Forums.

I own a seiko 5 and an orient ray ii. They work, sure but i want absolute maximum accuracy and durability. 200 dollar watches wont even get you saphire unless you buy some chinese government subsidized shit. Grand seiko is more of what i want.

You can find things in the mid-range that are high quality, again, if you're not a brand hound. This is my current daily, a Bruno Sohnle. Starts with a Sellita movement but almost every part of the movement was re-engineered and optimized, it works like a charm and is dead accurate. Lot of good mid-range brands out there, you just have to get steeped in the culture to ferret them out.

Attached: IMG_20160701_192508.jpg (2992x4000, 1.89M)

The most you should spend on a watch is an amount you wouldn't care about if you misplaced it.
For example, if $2000 isn't a whole lot to you, feel free to spend that much on a watch.

some Bauhausian glasshutte meme

I want a dive watch with a top teir band, super accurate movement, and sapphire of course. If i get all this and its not chinese i may as well pay the bit more and get a name brand

What kind of retard misplaces a watch. Its either attached to my arm or in my home where i wont lose it

Simple answer? No, it is not worth it. Purchasing a watch for a 4-digit amount of $$ is objectively a terrible financial decision comparable to buying a brand new, high-end car. But people don't buy such things because they're useful investments, they buy them because they're hobbyists and/or they want their dick to feel bigger. That is the only utility provided by a high-end watch.

If you dont own one i dont give a fuck about your poorfag opinion you fuckin brazillian college niggers

Are you ok, dude?

>lol dude why custom build a 3k dollar workstation just buy a 720p i3 laptop
Im fine dude just leave my thread i wanted a real opinion

Genuinely curious why you would want a 'proper watch'. Its function is very basic and is handled by other systems. Better in many ways. You likely have a phone with a calendar. Dumb phones often have that aswell.
Precise time keeping isn't essential to me. And if I cared I'd probably just poll one of the world's atomic clocks. If I wanted easy access there's countless ways to do it that are easier and cheaper (such as a cheap watch, if we don't want to be inventive).

As for apparel I doubt you'll get much recognition for it beyond the watch loving crowd. I can only assume they're dwindling. People only really look at the appearance and appearance is almost always easy and cheap to reproduce and thus there's cheaper appearances. Maybe if it's a really flamboyant watch that's not the case. I have my doubts that you'd buy that.

There's better things to spend money on. And in lieu of those things there's always charity as a bottom candidate. I place a fancy watch below charity.

>cheaper appearances
Cheaper options. Oops

Wear a 200 dollar watch for a few years. You'll learn their downsides and understand why someone would want more. I want an enthusiast watch. I like watches. I wear one every day and rely on it. I dont want my glass to scratch or my time to lag behind every few days. I dont like shitty bands either. These are premium features

I hate to break it to you, 2 grand just ain't enough for a good status symbol watch (which is honestly the only reason to buy a watch that expensive). Yeah you'll get a Tag for that, maybe a used Cartier Tank, but that's about it. If you want a Rolex, you need $5k for a used Datejust. Don't buy an Airking because it's not worth it.

I own a Datejust that I bought new. It's nice, not that accurate. Even well wound and either worn or in a winder it loses 3 seconds a month. Again what you're buying is a status symbol. If you want one and can afford it sure, you better insure it. As a watch though, your $200 watch keeps better time than mine. It is also an heirloom thing which is cool, mines 5 years old and is my favourite thing I own (it also has sentimental value). So take that as you will, pic is my actual watch.

Attached: 20181114_225446.jpg (1960x2270, 2.1M)

I have a $100 """trendy""" Novo watch that was gifted to me and it has the time correct to the minute a year later, what are you talking about?
>premium features
If there's anything I've learned from this board is that those are pure marketing buzzwords that mean nothing, and are probably indicating to you that you can find the same things cheaper.

I have a $2k omega graduation present I never wear
Use the money on a nice pup hood or something

You need to stop spending $2k on Burger King, lardass.

at first glance, that's a fake rolex

My 200 dollar watch has hardened mineral jizz glass and is just harder than my phone. I just want a name brand dive watch with sapphire, a good band, and a good movement for 2k. Doesnt seiko or omega fill this position?

>t. pasty schmuck that was handed everything
very sad

Seiko will probably save you money, you can find them for much less than that. They're a tank of a watch that's for sure. Omega depends on what you like, some can be, shop them and see.

Do you want a quartz or mechanical movement? Mechanical on the low end is not great just so you know.

I'm pretty far from a "poorfag", but you won't be if you throw your money away needlessly on status symbol instruments 99% of people don't even notice. I guess you're just looking for expensive watch owners to legitimize your own opinions-- in which case, why even bother asking? You really want one, so just nut up and go fucking buy one. Wow, that was hard.

There aren't any, I have a 200 dollars watch and wear it for 6 years straight, no inconvenience whatsoever?
What would more money get me in a watch?

Tudor does