/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 494006 bikini erect_nipples feet headphones megane mtd_(matidappp) shinjou_akane ssss.gridm (1926x3105, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-new-jds-labs-atom-headphone-amp.5262/
strawpoll.me/16847476
jbl.com/over-ear-headphones/JBL DUETNC.html?dwvar_JBL DUETNC_color=Black Matte
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Beyer.

Attached: 1537728228462.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

Well, this image is going to get deleted.
I'm sure glad I cancelled my Stax order.

Should I get the G633? Id only use them for music and I know headsets usually have low sound quality but its MSRP is $150 and I can get them for $70, should I? And if not what should I get?

If HD 600 has poor soundstage what else can I get with slightly better soundstage?

Good OP.

HD650

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-new-jds-labs-atom-headphone-amp.5262/

Review and measurements of JDS Labs "atom" amp

Can someone give me a QRD on the different kinds of sound a headphone can have?

Stop posting your garbage forum here, you gay cunt. I knew you were a retard when you started measuring non feedback amplifiers.

Why not HD 58x?

sennheiser is inferior to AKG

Attached: 350x700px-LL-4beb8b93_IMG_20140718_195122.jpg (350x350, 18K)

because its only 50$ and you get a better headphones that will last you a long time

JUST

Attached: 1521030237582.png (882x758, 239K)

My HD650 is still going strong after 4 years, also wear it all the time while wearing a hoodie / beanie and not one snap or pop.

Must be a HD600 thing.

>hoodie / beanie
this is what sennfags think stress is and the hd 580, 600, 650, and any derivatives have the same construction they all have this problem

My HD650 doesen't.

How can you break the headband? these (600/650) headphones are made to be used at home with an amp, so you cant move much. Thus the only way to break the band is to be a retard

HD 58x is half the price tho. HD 6xx is more sensitive for me anyway. not sure about HD 650 though.

which stax energizer should I get a solid state or tube I tend to listen to music around 8 hrs a day

Attached: 20181114_142158.jpg (3024x4032, 2.71M)

Well HD58X are great headphones too, so you wont go wrong with them.

(650 = 6XX)

Get an srm 323 or something like that.

budget?

around 500-800

do stax come in a mens version?

Magni 3 BTFO

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-15 Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp.png (1010x768, 97K)

nope, only faggot version

Doesn't change the fact that AKG and Beyer make headphones that sound better and dont have this issue

Attached: kek.jpg (1600x1200, 221K)

what does it mean?

You come in men enough for everybody. (Too easy, I know.)

>handhelds
>Pokemon games

figures a loser would buy stax, this is what i imagine most stax owners to be like.

pls

Atom amp has far lower noise and distortion and almost the same total power as magni 3 and liquid spark
it's by far the best amp under $100 (plus JDS Labs does free engravings on it)

beyer cope

user I don't know what to get ;_; sometimes I feel I should go for HD 600 because it gets shilled so much. But other times HD 58x seems better. I don't do too much gayming to the point I'm competitive about it. But I do game a bit.

Im sorry you can afford nice things

Can't

What do you have now?

What an awful painting. Her hands are so small she looks deformed

HD 595.

Can't unsee it

Attached: 1532218749388.png (611x611, 350K)

Additionally am i not allowed to Keep my older things

$400 barely used, good cop or no?

Attached: hwldb7c4gb29t3pzmolh.jpg (620x496, 50K)

I think they just made her thighs too big that makes her hands look small in comparison. I would improve on the big toes drawn there too since it looks weird and smaller than the other toes that are suppose to be smaller.

I would get 6XX and keep when for years to come, but if money is an issue get 58X since it doesn't really need additional amp and costs 50$ less

No. L300 is $400 new, $650 with energizer

I looked at his charts, yes I would wait a bit and get the Atom. But for folks who have Magni 3 already, going to Atom they wont see any diference,

Well I can get the HD 600 for the same price range between HD 58x-HD 6xx

The only problem I hear is HD 6xx is sensitive and amp is recommended. Not sure how much that will cost at minimum or how it would sound without one. Fuck. I'm definitely not going to mod the HD 58x either to not void warranty.

Pepeangry.jpeg

>L300
>worth any amount of money over $200

You can leave now.

Do you like your music to sound like it doesn't have a soul and regret your purchase? Get the 6XX.

Do you want decent headphones while still keeping expectations in check? Get the 58X.

you are in for a big disappointment and incredibly new if you think that stax posters will ever leave.

Beyerdynamic is waiting for you white man.

Attached: difference.jpg (1371x961, 431K)

Fixed.

Attached: difference.jpg (1370x852, 456K)

Nice one you fucking moron.

>Do you like your music to sound like it doesn't have a soul and regret your purchase? Get the 6XX.

Thats just pure lies and you know it

I'm the OP of the hitler-chan and even I think this is cringe worthy

Attached: 1539588330458.gif (237x240, 1.95M)

KYS nigger italian trash.

What about the HD 600?

It's shit, recessed vocals, very boring overall and overrated.

Buy AKG instead or beyerdynamic if you are white.

>AKG instead or beyerdynamic if you are white.

WHAT ARE GOOD PADS FOR mdr7506s ?!?!?
FUCK THIS IM NOT PAYING 100+ DOLLARYDOOS FOR FUCKING SHEEPSHIT

Attached: knowyourmem.png (600x672, 450K)

i told you already goy, dont question the prices.

>speakers for music
>heradphones for muh games
super comfy

Attached: hammer.png (900x623, 40K)

I also own these as my main headphones

Attached: 20181108_023315.jpg (2016x1512, 698K)

>DOLLARYDOOS
good meme

HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP WHAT DO I BUY
HD 600
HD 58x
HD 6xx?...
strawpoll.me/16847476

im australian cunt

house is too noisy. And I don't want to leak my animay hentai music.

Nah, they were shit. Sold them after 2 weeks.

Attached: kzLa6Wa.jpg (1812x2148, 863K)

>KYS nigger italian trash.
stop making yourself look retarded hating on any brand that you feel threatened by so you can avoid criticism of your snowflake headphones

see stax with a swastika in the background

Pipe down italian trash.

the italian owned beyerdynamics and was saying there was no reason to buy d1990s as they aren't any better than the cheaper beyers

>while still keeping expectations in check?
What does user mean by this?

>i owned 20 year old beyers

Congrats, italian nigger.

>italian nigger
keep repeating it maybe your narrative will start to make sense after awhile

Good USB sound card for Takstar Pro 82?

How do you accept it when you look in the mirror? Just being 5ft9 would be such agony which is the average male height in Italy.

because I'm not italian

5'9 isn't as bad as 5'5

I feel for those lads

where do i get an atom amp

>it's by far the best amp under $100
still waiting for them to make an estat amp or energizer

Attached: 930694-stax-sr007-o2-mk1.jpg (1024x768, 147K)

all of this is memeshit compared to my tin T2s

Make your own estat amp if you want it to be cheaper than an equivalent sold by a company.

People actually use IEMs when at home? They fell uncomfortable after a few hours, in comparison you can wear a light set of full size headphones all day and not even notice

Attached: 1532282576877.jpg (900x637, 199K)

give me the BOM for a diy estat amp that costs $100

Think again chinkcuck. T2 is hot garbage compared to a good headphone

Beats me, the cheapest I know of is the srx-plus clone. I haven't looked into the total parts cost since I'm not interested in building the cheapest possible stat amps.

sup /hpg/

I recently got a Kia Stinger car and they sent me a pair of headphones. They look exactly like pic related, except they say harman/kardon instead of JBL. Does anyone know what I got exactly and if they're decent?

Here is the link to the JBL entry:
jbl.com/over-ear-headphones/JBL DUETNC.html?dwvar_JBL DUETNC_color=Black Matte

Attached: JBL_DuetNC_Hero_Black-1605x1605px.png (1605x1605, 1.61M)

>I haven't looked into the total parts cost since I'm not interested in building the cheapest possible stat amps.
how stereotypical.

Attached: 178dmvyz6xu11.png (874x716, 257K)

Yes, how dare I want to build the best possible amp for only the cost of parts (which isn't an unreasonable amount)?

Attached: 14259486431546.jpg (1024x732, 63K)

Harmon Kardon is JBL. They're probably not bad

these pictures are getting more lewd by the day man

(and thats a good thing!)

JDS Labs site on the next few days will began accepting orders

ah, thank you. Sorry for being autistic, I am clueless when it comes to headphones.

;3

I know, I saw that and nearly pulled out my dick.

>I want to build the best possible amp
the best possible amp is the one that is small and has a lot of drive behind it. these shit diy designs made by spritzer et all don't need to be the size of a refrigerator to have the power output that they do. I guarantee you they throw useless garbage in them like nfb does with their shitty amps filled with a thousand caps but still measures with more distortion than two hookers farting in ear of your ears. I couldn't care less about those amps.

No worries. I wouldn't buy them myself, but hard to beat free

Can too much bass/volume damage headphones? Im really paranoid about damaging hardware

owo so sugoi
i miss my tfz 5s so much, hope these are good :3

Attached: Bj1457S.png (1374x392, 67K)

>I guarantee you they throw useless garbage in them like nfb does with their shitty amps filled with a thousand caps but still measures with more distortion than two hookers farting in ear of your ears.
Right, so you know absolutely jack shit about circuit design, got it.