Friendly reminder that corporations have the fingerprints if half the world

Friendly reminder that corporations have the fingerprints if half the world

Attached: lg-v10-fingerprint-sensor-finger.jpg (1600x1200, 334K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2018/03/16/iphone-x-encryption-broken-graykey-ios-backdoor/
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/#ANALYSIS
Jow
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder the voice fingerprinting is a hot commodity

Reminder a fingerprint is useless

stored locally on the phone and never transmitted over network

yikes

Prove otherwise.

The fingerprint is hashed and stored locally on iPhones, and not uploaded. Even Apple couldn’t see my phone passcode or fingerprint.

Using poo in loo android devices thought and its anyone’s guess.

Occam's razor.

My phone doesn't have a fingerprint.

Attached: 1542090081448s.jpg (221x250, 9K)

Doesn't prove shit.

>The fingerprint is hashed and stored locally on iPhones
icucks can't see what their shitphones send, so you can't prove that. Kys faggot.

Lol, he really believes that

Just wear gloves when you commit crimes
they even make them in skin color

Feel free to prove your claim.

poor and nopilled

you're using terms wrong
occam's razor is the opposite of a conspiracy theory

fugg i wish I 16 again

Eh, not really the fingerprints.
The scanner doesn't really save a map of your fingerprint but rather calculates a hash based off the resistance values of at various areas of the fingerprint.
At best they could match your fingerprint to one they have in the database, if they have the hardware secret salt that your phone has when making the print hash, but they can't recreate your print from the hash. Also, you can generate a print that'll match the hash but won't match the original print, which is really uncommon in people.

I wish I could actually believe this.

>the average android user
For security and privacy iOS > Android. If you think otherwise then ask yourself how many court cases vs the FBI Samsung and Google have been in over protecting the content extremist’s cell phone.

Apple spends money to build a halo of consumer trust, it makes no sense and there is zero evidence that they would gather user fingerprint data. It is like storing plaintext passwords, not fucking worth it.

>they stand to profit from having people's fingerprints, and have shown in the past that they're happy to profit off of users in other ways using their personal information
seems like the simplest solution to me

Doesn't matter. Ive been fingerprinted by the police before.
Now 23&me. That might have been a big fucking mistake on my part.
Really fucks up my plans to fake my own death if I ever knock some chick up

Apple is the least secure and private phone ever created. Any one who believes otherwise is a total fucking retard who has never spent a day in the industry.

Attached: 1542101497546.png (700x700, 35K)

Fucking nigger

fucking based

Dont all employers require you to get Drug Tests which also collects your fingerprint and piss? Technically the State has all your fingerprint and DNA

>Oy mate you gotta license for those fingerprints???
What kind of police state do you live in where you need a finger print for a drug test????

The simplest answer is that corporations take your fingerprint to sell just like they take all your other data to sell. So yeah, Occam's razor is correct.

then stop touching things retard
my fingerprints in your face if you keep making shit threads

0% Jewish
.6% Egyptian
The fingerprints we're for my concealed carry permit

It’s well documented you tinfoil faggot.

How many days have you spent in the industry? iPhones are overwhelmingly more secure than any other smartphone. Full hardware encryption individual to each phone, to the extend that if you forget your password the phone is bricked.

Meanwhile android phones can be flashed and hardware reset by holding down a few buttons.

Occam's Razor says that the answer that makes the fewest assumptions is likely the correct one. You're assuming smartphones transmit fingerprint data, despite what's claimed in various technical papers. is not. Ergo Occam's Razor supports and not you.

cucked and gay

The cops have my fingerprints already sooo
Also they have your voice
And your face
And habits.

I try to keep my anonymity, but i get that it's futile for some things

I lo e this new "appel is secure and cares about your privacy for onle 2000 every other year."

You're gullible as fuck, these companies market everything. It's what they do, they take revolutionary ideas and transform them in another mindless product for everyone to buy. They steal ideas and buy the patents, they fuck over anyone in their way and not to forget they evade all fucking taxes.

You're probably a shill anyway

Attached: Epic Tattoo FAILDUDE Y U NO THINK DIFFERENT.jpg (453x541, 39K)

Friendly reminder that fingerprints are identification only. They should not be used for authentication. Fingerprints are not secure.

Attached: moot.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

>Dont all employers require you to get Drug Tests
What?
>What kind of police state do you live in where you need a finger print for a drug test????
Where do you all live that you consider emplyer mandated drug tests normal?

Govt already has all of my fingerprints from when I applied for visa.

Depends on the field. You don't want your airplane pilot to be on drugs, do you?

Industry class hardware/software encryption plus taking the US government to court to protect the privacy of its users, even when those users were literal terrorists.

Sorry Pajeet.

>compares fingerprint from tip of the finger to a full police-tier fingerprint scan

Attached: article-0-003F0F7200000258-27_468x286.jpg (468x286, 45K)

Every iOS device now has a dedicated AES 256-bit crypto engine that sits between the flash storage and main system memory.

You’d be hard pressed to find a more secure hand held device.

Your fingerprints are taken at birth as well as DNA
(((They))) already have you filed and assigned a serial

>falling for PRmoves
>hey guv, let's do this and i'll pay 1% taxes this year under the table instead of none.

>cares about users
>the phone breaks after a year
>"reparing" it is more expensive then a new phone

>cares about users and the world
>steal money and profit on slave labour like every other techcompany

>implyng your not dumber than the average "pajeet"

I never even brought up android or whatever.

they go to court for leagal reasons. cia has a backdoor in everything. even your mom.

It seems nothing about your post address the security or encryption methods used by Apple in their iOS devices. Why is that Pajeet?

Remind me also how are Google at paying their taxes?

not him but so what if they have my fingerprint? what do i really have to lose, my life has no value. they gonna put me in prison so i can get free 3 meals a day? noice.

>CIA can break 256bit AES

Got any proof?

>.t pajeet
its bad enough you shill for free. you dont get to have a company with a 1 trillion market value without being a cutthroat psychopath. tim cook doesnt give a shit about you and would sell you and your family to foxconn if it meant he could increase profits by 0.5%.

They can't, which is why they backdoor implementations

I don't care enough about apple to know it's security flaws, i'll grant you that. But you have no way of knowing what they do with all that data so they are very likely just selling it or at least using to manipulate the end users.

I never defended google you fuckwit, nice deflection. I'm also wrong because i have a phone right?
Because your life ian't.worth shit doesn't mean it's like that for others.

>having a successful company is bad
>can’t address any encryption points

iOS is secure. Communists deserve the rope.

Deal with it faggot.

Proof?

bgr.com/2018/03/16/iphone-x-encryption-broken-graykey-ios-backdoor/

Well if you don’t know enough to care about their security, why would you claim their phones are insecure?

>device the size of a DVD player is capable of cracking 256-bit AES in two minutes

Obvious click bait article

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/#ANALYSIS
>Despite iPhone's minority share (14.5%) of the global smart phone market in 2016, a specialized unit in the CIA's Mobile Development Branch produces malware to infest, control and exfiltrate data from iPhones and other Apple products running iOS, such as iPads. CIA's arsenal includes numerous local and remote "zero days" developed by CIA or obtained from GCHQ, NSA, FBI or purchased from cyber arms contractors such as Baitshop. The disproportionate focus on iOS may be explained by the popularity of the iPhone among social, political, diplomatic and business elites.

not to mention the fact that apple are bunch of greedy faggots that probably sell your data anyway.

or almost any other official verification

Google is worse desu

>worried about phones
>almost all are stored in enclave on CPU
>not actually a fingerprint scan
>doesn't know how they work
>ignores Japan,Korea, US and other countries fingerprint everyone on entry
>ignores lots of countries have fingerprints on their bio metric passports anyway

OP you do know that the fingerprint scanner only records your fingerprint as a hash to compare it to the one stored in the CPU.

They don't actually save an image of your fingerprint because it's not how they work. Also fingerprints don't mean shit.

>profile readily available form constant transmission of location to cellular networks

>concerned about fingerprint
>phone constantly transmits location data

You're assuming corporations can be trusted. You're assuming corporations aren't lying so you won't hinder their revenue stream. You're ignoring the fact that corporations have shown multiple times in the past and present, that they do not care about privacy, yet here you are, flexing your mental gymnastics capabilities.

So they'll go to court to defend a terrorist, yet they have never done such a thing for a non-terrorist. Do you actually think that was the only time the government asked aplel to unlock a fagPhone?
The only thing I got from that whole thing is that aplel supports terrorism.

Occam's razor say corporations are kikes and you're a faggot so you're wrong.

>buy a cheap phone that doesn t have fingerprint
>puts lineage os
>sets up a vpn and shit so you get out of botnets
>don t use normies social medias
>profit ?

Friendly reminder
To use phone u touch screen with fingers
Hehe

you can compile most of their software yourself but i don't trust their own releases either, yeah.

Occam's razor doesn't really side with anything here.

What phone do I get If i want a high end phone but without a front camera, fingerprint scanner, face scanner and all that other bullshit? I can unlock my phone just fine using the screen but since when did we stop caring about privacy?

>high end phone but without a front camera
No such thing

you talk like a fag, so stop posting

man my phone isn't even tactile, it's a dumbphone without internet access
i don't understand why you need a smartphone, maybe because you are a bunch of pathetic castrated boi that weren't breastfeeded by your stupid mommy

daily reminder that the moto g3 (2015) had the best back of any phone ever made.

>Imagine living in this much denial

>He doesn't realize android bootloader unlocks securely erase the storage

Android phones have full disk encryption enabled by default now

they can cut your finger and use it
... oh

Occam never could have predicted just how false and obfuscated our world could become. He doesn't know SHIT
Get that medieval mindset out of here.

No, they don't .Stop lying.

I don't understand how people are comfortable with a camera facing them at all times that is literally connected to the internet.

I use my phone in the shower and bath and shit. I opened my phone and blocked the camera off. I wish I could buy a high end phone without paying for a camera that I don't even use.

>has a smartphone in the first place
Don't worry they have much more valuable information about you than merely your fingerprint.

You don't have to assume corporations can be trusted, their revenue stream comes from selling you $50-100 of hardware for anywhere from 200-1000% mark-up. All the situations where corporations specifically have failed at privacy are ones where we already knew they were harvesting data (and what data they were harvesting) and failed to protect it. These companies are not making their own fingerprint sensors, they are using off-the-shelf components by electronics manufacturing companies whose entire business model has no benefit from exposing user data and generally has clear technical documentation for how they work. There are likely plenty of things your phone transmits that you don't want it to, but your fingerprint data is extremely unlikely to be one of them.

You must be 18 or older to visit this website. Jow Forums.org/rules

friendly reminder that the fingerprint on each finger is different and that it's a useless piece of info

>Friendly reminder that corporations have the fingerprints if half the world
and every one of those people paid for the privilege.

>phone is made overseas
Yikes

Police regularly set up booths at fairs and stuff where you can get your kid fingerprinted in case they go missing or whatever. It was a big thing back in the overprotective era of the 90s, I'm not sure if they still do it today. Either way if your parents brought you to one of those as a kid I have bad news for you, your fingerprints are already in the system and have been for a very long time.

so does the gobnerment and anyone interested enough

You're a shill.

hi Jow Forums, running out of arguments again I see.

Attached: prism-slide-51.jpg (700x525, 85K)

This. You cannot use your fingerprint as a password. It's a username at best.

>$20M
That's not even high considering the scope. I'd imaging it's much higher now.

Occam's Razor is flawed for sure, fieldwork like science have become more and more complex when attempting to explain things happening in the real world.

Sounds like Moore's law, based on random nonsense.

fingerprinting is so fucking pointless it does the same thing as a Button why do phone companies do this?

Attached: 3DD31FE6-F7C5-46CD-922E-240A2C55A169.png (684x529, 134K)

Attached: 1539001996045.jpg (638x1000, 81K)

Dont lump faggots like that in with Jow Forums its redditors