Why are Canadian tech workers so underpaid compared to there US equivalent...

Why are Canadian tech workers so underpaid compared to there US equivalent. We're lucky to even see 100k in base salary + compensation a year for 5+ years of work. Yet if you work for a US firm in the valley base pay + compensation can be 200k just for 0-4 years of work.

medium.com/s/powertrip/i-know-the-salaries-of-thousands-of-tech-employees-4841bc26d753

Attached: tech_workers-100034531-large.jpg (580x387, 72K)

California is extremely expensive. Why not compare to a more reasonable area of the states?

that doesnt fit his narrative, stop making him feel like he shouldnt be paid more just cause he feels like he should be

It's bad enough that the govts. of Toronto and Vancouver used low salaries as an incentive to Amazon when begging for their campus

The reason I mostly hear is that there is an oversupply of labour and up until recently companies haven't been moving in to take advantage

Plus both Vancouver and Toronto have great technical universities but don't perform the same when it comes to research.

Just spitballing but yeah it's shit

It's this thread again

Attached: desu.png (1600x1200, 341K)

Attached: salaries.png (780x658, 87K)

>TFW when when Florida.
But yeah, who even decides quality?

>Why are salaries lower for Canadian workers?
The key issue at the heart of it is structural: economically in terms of pricing labour and capital availability, regulatory in terms of taxation, and social in terms of attitudes towards risk taking.

Canadian businesses don't make as much as their American counterparts. Money doesn't go as far, and they have a much smaller market and labour pool. Even with the internet, it's still fairly difficult to sell your services outside of your regional market. These factors and general conservatism lead to a general aversion to risk.

>What is the labour shortage or skills gap?
Every business wants to hire good employees who can contribute day 1. They don't want to take risks on a junior employee or mentor them. There's essentially a gap at the top of the market, where employees having intermediate levels of experience exist but top level talent has either fled, is already taken, or never developed.
Companies want the world but aren't willing to pay for it or develop it.

How do I get a job like the guy in the pic?

Attached: 1541390311825.png (398x400, 96K)

Be jewish if I had to guess from the pic.

>people refuse to share salaries
>company benefits by underpaying workers
This just a thing in the US? People are extremely secretive about what they make here.

Attached: 1513477218500.jpg (633x950, 134K)

>oh boo hoo I have to spend $2000 a month on rent when I make 200k a year

>mfw that my rent in vancouver at half the salary :(

I live in Florida, not sure what you are implying. I make 75.

And you have high ass taxes and you work with so many "diverse" people.

Attached: 11396667374983nt.jpg (800x1187, 222K)

>I am one of those diverse people
>USA are all immigrants that pretend they arent

Top Kek on the bright side you'll stay in Canada.

Because Canada is a fucking joke.

You guys wish you had a based and sexy leader like Trudeau.

Canada
>Where free healthcare means high as fuck taxes to compensate.
>Where the prime minister is a closet homosexual
>Where they have high taxes for food and alcohol.
>Where people deal with a shitty climate of the cold.
>Free speech is censored under the pretense of Hate Speech
>Where the entire identity is Lol "we aren't American", yet their culture heavily borrows from us.
>Where they have to beg American tech companies to go there because honestly they'd never want to have so much as an office there.

A country that itself is oversold and overhyped for immigrants.

Attached: ca_gayis.gif (360x216, 3K)

Don't they have really long wait times to go to the doctor?

it is just america, but better

>Where they have to beg American tech companies to go there because honestly they'd never want to have so much as an office there.
[citation needed]

found the leaf

yes, hello

also everyone here is used to the cold that's like very common knowledge silly user, although most places dont have it that bad, like in BC it doesn't even snow half the time

can't hear you over the world's largest GDP and the SOUND OF THE LIBERTY BELLS

>get paid twice as much in cali, where everything costs twice as much?
problem?

yeah and this is why it's so hard to take americunts seriously. they all nut to their """"freedom"""" and are overly patriotic

>It is just America, but better

Cool stay there and don't ever come to America. You're not invited :^). Trump needs to build a northern wall too.

Attached: Bandera_gay_Turquía.png (777x480, 19K)

lol you don't have to take america seriously! just remember where electricity, the personal computer, and nearly every meaningful piece of tech were invented

You have clearly no idea what you are talking about.

100k is normal for 5 years in my city where taxes are low and housing isnt that expensive. Basedlicon valley taxes and housing is insaine and id probably need 175k to live the same lifestyle there

You wanna know something ask an American on the street if they know where Canada is. They won't know because that's how irrelevant it is.

Attached: c4yw3HN_d.jpg (640x563, 66K)

You can say the same about literally any other country, most people there are fat retards with almost no knowledge of the outside world. Although since Canada is right below, it is one of the most likely for your average ameritard to know. Yes I am responding to bait

U.S Universities > Canadian Universities

Amount of labor output by American > Canadians

Paying actual American born in the U.S good salaries > Paying "Canadians" (chinese/indians)

Why are Chinese Americans such friendly folk compared to Chinese Canadians?

It depends.

Both for emerge and stuff like surgery.

People in the worst shape get treated first as per triage and GP assessments. The rest can vary wildly depending on how big of an asshat your GP is, how packed an ER is, or whether surgery needs to be done somewhere else. The wait times for non-urgent surgery and MRI/CAT scans can be one or two months.

The average joe has to be patient in general.

One thing is 100% sure: You can expect to wait 3+ hours in emerge if you go in for something retarded like a pain in your shoulder if you're young, going in for a cold, cuts that don't require stitches, or asking for prescriptions. Hell even if you're gored up they'll make you sit there like a dumbass if your bleeding is stopped and you're fine to sit there for a while.

That's hella fucked up, I thought Canada had badass health care.

canada has a huge issue with racism

>to there US equivalent
literally unemployable in my field

Yes, racist white people and East European immigrants

Your stock photo is retarded. What the fuck is he even looking at? Why is he holding a laptop and staring at servers like they're monitors?

Attached: 1539650693734.jpg (469x468, 23K)

It's just expensive areas like SoCal and NYC that are that high. Most of the country you're lucky to see six figures USD at five years.

>Canadian it.
The best performers end up working in the US.

He’s looking at the link lights on those level 2 switches

Wrong. Montreal.

Commies just want your money to waste it. Don't believe their healthcare lies.

This. I live in Ausfailure, and is an absolutely spot-on description. The only people who get decent healthcare are the ones who pay for it (via U.S.-style health insurance).

So then why should people be forced to pay for socialized health care if it's shit and private is better?

Why indeed. It's almost like it's a fucking retarded thing to do, but it's a great way for leftist scum trying to buy votes from useless parasitic poorfags.

you're a fucking retard lmao you think someone that makes like 80k in canada would make 200k in cali? kys

Yeah Canada has terrible healthcare. Don't come here. Americans have better healthcare. Send your people there. Canada is a racist shithole and violent.

How is Canada racist???

200k is literally new graduate pay. Kys retard.

Even though that poster was being sarcastic, there are real issues with immigrant communities being overtly racist.

So Indians and Chinese are racist?

Canada doesn't have world class tech companies like the USA. Also, many tech workers are overpaid in the US.

A surprising number of them are, yes.

Ummmmm only white people can be racist honey...

And how are they racist what do they do?

Stop being facetious.

Not even sarcasm. The gangs in Brampton will beat anyone with sticks. White people in Toronto will sucker punch any colored person. The mentally ill run free and stab people. Don't come to Canada.

This is true. American companies come here to die. See Target and Lowes.

Attached: 220px-Socrates_Louvre.jpg (220x293, 19K)

>muh expensive California
It's still much higher than the rest of the world

Attached: atlas_HkoDJSxUz.png (640x501, 36K)

It's because of the talent war in the area. These internet companies are completely sustained by tech workers so they can't afford to suddenly be at a competitive disadvantage.
If they could underpay you of course they will but there are just so many companies needing talent and trust me it's hard to get actual competent people. You'd know this if you have interviewed more than 5 people for your company.
Truth of the matter is, the average canadian tech worker is probably not that good compared to the ones working at the bay area. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for for the most part.

> he feels like he should be
That's the only reason to be paid higher. If people work for a full team, but don't feel like they deserve the pay, they'll be paid what they get.

>california super expensive so it evens out
>barely get any holiday
Here I get 32 days of PAID holiday (not counting all the bank holidays)
Basically you slave away and you're free by the time you hit 60, where you won't even be able to enjoy the money you've earned all these years

Cost of living. Not having to pay for healthcare. Those'll equalize things a lot.