What was the thing that made you say "I will never buy a samsung phone again"?

What was the thing that made you say "I will never buy a samsung phone again"?
For me its them forcing their shitty new ui on consumers with android 9, them likely to drop headphone jack with the next phone, killing the note line, and theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/11/15/18097179/samsung-free-themes-14-day-limit-galaxy-one-ui
I dont want to switch to google pixel but at this point I'm half tempted to make it my next phone

Attached: E73B68139B284103A4D775D4960ED86F.jpg (2048x2048, 195K)

>What was the thing that made you say "I will never buy a samsung phone again"?
For me it was learning about their position in price fixing scandals that always ended up unchecked. They have been involved in almost every if not all the scandals since the days of CRT TVs.

it blows my mind that actual humans are still talking about headphone jacks on phones

>it blows my mind people still use a decades old standard thats flawless and has unjversal support instead of eithee using an ugly dongle or expensive wireless headphones you need to charge

>Phones
They haven't been just "phones" for a long while now. They are mostly personal computes, and media players with voice call, and messaging capabilities.

It blows my mind that there's people who will defend every retarded decisions companies make.

it blows my mind that basement-dwelling autists living off their mum's gibs still call these decisions "retarded" when the global market has already proved that 99.9% of people don't give a shit about >muh 3.5 mm

Why not just admit that you're harping on about it because you're a tech-illiterate brainlet who isn't qualified to talk about anything else

>99.9%
Source: your ass
And even if that's true, what makes people who want to keep the jack tech-illiterate compare to the people who don't care about it? Your average normies will still buy new phones with or without jack/sd slot/etc

Then abandoning the SGS3 after jelly bean 4.3

>new phone without headphone jack
I doubt it, they memed the hell out companies that removed it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they removed it on their new meme foldable phone.
>killing note line
If the new S phone comes with a pen, why not.
>forcing their new UI
At least they provide UI customization, most companies (including Google) doesn't.

Attached: 1282231780691.jpg (1024x768, 262K)

this is making getting a oneplus 6t a lot more tempting over a note 9

>tips fedora

I will never buy another Samsung phone because it will not be updated a day after I buy it. I will never buy another Samsung phone because it comes with bloat like Samsung store.

The next time I buy a phone, it will be straight from google because google actually cares about updates and ships the most polished products in the android ecosystem

i will only buy a new phone when they take out the USB c port and do everything wirelessly

Sundar Pichai is paying you way too much for such lazy shilling

Attached: google dropped support for the Nexus 5 after just 2 years.png (870x576, 126K)

I don't give a flying fuck about brands, if it has an official LineageOS build then i'll buy it.

Attached: 2548.png (460x730, 520K)

>mom get a galaxy something
>battery overheat the phone and kill it
>get it replaced
>a year later complain it's starting to get slow to recharge
>take a look
>something is sticking out of the usb cable
>remove it and plug in phone
>charging but something doesn't feel right
>look at the piece of plastic
>it's actually part of the phone usb port
>try to pull out cable
>feel a burn on my hand
>plastic is melting
The botnet is trying to kill my mom.

Attached: 1479624752002.jpg (680x671, 17K)

It wasn't Samsung specifically but I decided if I was going to continue using Android it would be Nexus/Pixel devices. It drives me crazy being on another manufacturer and waiting 6 months to a year to never to get OS updates. Even other flagships have long waits. For me it's either Pixel or no Android at all. Currently happy w/my Pixel 2 XL. Basically the same hardware as the 3 and no fucktard notch, and updates for the next 2 years.

>tips fedora
Misused maymay.

I love my note 9, but if they drop the jack on the 10 I will jump ship.

I have no loyalty to companies who remove essential IO.

Didn't know the new UI was out yet, just checked it out.
It does indeed look like shit.
That's typical Samsung though. Same thing happened when they transitioned from 4.4 to 5.0 and from 6.0 to 7.0. They drop polished and functional UI and start from scratch.
You can bet the new ui will look presentable a year from now.

>shitty new ui
How is having in-app navigation conveniently located at the bottom shitty?

This, I really liked the fact they are putting shit like tabs on bottom. Even the settings and the notification bar are closer to the bottom.

Don't worry about trying to understand, little guy. Just let the humans discuss it without trying to comprehend, you're thirsty so take a drink.

the future is wireless, old man

>AT&T Note 3
>one of the versions that had a locked bootloader
I would have used that phone another 2 years at least. It was my favorite until I got my Razer Phone.

I have plenty of wired and wireless headphones.

Everytime they are wired they sound significantly better. They are also way simpler to set up.

the future will be what the big companies bring.
and brainlets like you will defend the new meme.
it's how the world works, turd

the market brings what the people want. its simple you dumdum

I don't know why Google would try to shill "no updates" when they spent so much effort on Android One to get OEMs to push updates faster.

sorry, I had no idea I was talking to a retard.

I don't actually care about the standard of 3.5 mm jacks but not having a dedicated audio out port is retarded.

>flawless port
>wears out within 2 years of use and is a cunt to replace
yeah, great....

I've never once had a fucking 3.5mm port fail
What do you do to your devices to fuck those up? I can see microusb those things suck but a fucking round hole?

I've never bought a Samsung phone because they void your warranty for unlocking bootloader and have a shit custom ROM support. S9 got better in that regard but paying more for the stupid edge meme? Nah.

The only time I ever listen to stuff on my phone it's either via Bluetooth in the car or using cheap earbuds on the rare occasion I'm walking somewhere alone. I need a 3.5mm socket for that because cheap earbuds don't have DACs in them.

Dongles r poop

It blows my mind there's still no viable replacement for 3.5mm after half a fucking century.

>the future is shitter than the past
not at all surprised

I had a Note 3 for years, decided to get a new phone this year after much consideration I ended taking a gamble on the Xperia XA2. I think for the price its real good quality the camera is excellent and the sound is incredible obviously being sony you'd expect that and being Sony you can expect 3.5mm to be standard on sony phones for a few years yet.

Attached: xperia-xa2BLUE.png (468x600, 299K)

>What was the thing that made you say "I will never buy a samsung phone again"?
When the phone got a memory failure and displayed a nice console message
I'll never forget that nice Memory Dump output

Why do you need to buy a new phone every year
Imagine how much closer you'd be to owning some land, if you didn't buy a new piece of electronics so often

Attached: 1505819441982.jpg (750x738, 52K)

Who said every year? I upgrade every 3-4 years
Are you poor? Can you not afford comfortable shelter as well as 10 bucks a month paying off a phone?

Pretty sure it's the poor people who buy phones in the pay off method
But yes, i'm poor, but thats cause i'm in uni and can't work full time

It's not about the manufacturer, it's about perspective. The S9+ is a glass sandwich and has curved edge gimmicks no one asked for, but it is developer friendly and can be worth after the price drops. In the meantime, something like the Mi 8 seems like a more reasonable choice.
Enjoy your accelerated battery degradation and your phone heating up even more while charging on a pad you can't move it away from.

If it's pure android you want get an android one phone, either nokia or xiaomi.

/thread

when I was thinking about buying a used galaxy 5 or 6, I forget exactly. I learned some models could be unlocked and others not. Had a bad experience with a samsung sidekick before that which was absolute under powered trash so I decide to never buy another one after that.

Just choose an android device that XDA devs like to develop for. Xioami, OnePlus, pixel/nexus are what comes to mind.

Nexus 5 has an unofficial 9.0 from unlegecy project going strong in beta.

>Razer phone

Welp opinion just went straight into the trash, more reason to question people who choose the note series.