Name a better browser than icecat

name a better browser than icecat
>protip, you cant

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/53327767/whats-causing-this-build-error-for-gnu-icecat-on-windows
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/icecat/60.3.0/
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/63.0.1/linux-x86_64/en-US/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it builded on windows id be happy but apparently theres a bug with macro redefinitions which prevents it from building, feels sad man.

stackoverflow.com/questions/53327767/whats-causing-this-build-error-for-gnu-icecat-on-windows if anyone knows how to fix it

>using icecat on windows
pretty much the whole point of using it is privacy

yea I get you but its better than not using icecat

It's alright, but being so far behind the current build of 'fox, it was difficult to use umatrix since it's built with webextensions now

i would dowload it if i knew how to

which flavor of glinniks

mint

K idk which package manager mint uses but
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/icecat/60.3.0/
2nd to last one, build it yerself

I can't even install this shit. Why can't they just release a .deb for the latest update for newshits like myself?

w3m

>tar.bz2
See, this is the shit I don't get. It's obviously not enough to just unpack it, you need to run some command line shit to install it.

tar -xvf theicecatthingy.tar.bz2

this doesnt work?

then after you need to build it, for arch itd be "makepkg -si"

>STILL not stable enough for portage

Attached: 1296002963715.jpg (400x484, 48K)

>can't get it on kde

Google Chrome

That guy over in /fglt/ said that it's literally just Firefox. Is he right?

It's a firefox fork with some GNU/bullshit mixed in

What changes does it actually make?

Waterfox is splitting from Quantum, while IceCat does not plan to do so once updated, effectively ending support for XUL addons.
I liked IceCat in the past and still see issues with Waterfox, but it all comes down to whether or not I can keep using the addons I've relied on for over 5 years now.

you're just like on old person with dozens of toolbars in their internet explorer

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/63.0.1/linux-x86_64/en-US/

you've no clue what my set-up looks like, let alone what I even use

>extract files in home
>make icecat shortcut with alacarte if you use gnome
>search icecat
>run

This is the most noobiest thing ever I am sure that even 10 yo old, knows this method.

It’s not a fork, it’s a rebranding. All icecat does is compile it differently, different about:config, strong privacy settings out of the box, and comes with some extensions GNU liked.

You're supposed to compile it.