Why is Internet and Telstra so expensive in Australia?

Why is Internet and Telstra so expensive in Australia?

Attached: 240892x.jpg (900x900, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fiber.salt.ch/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population_density
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$89 per month, iiNet. As if not on iiNet cable scrub.

Attached: Screenshot_20181116-141347_Speedtest.jpg (1439x1355, 176K)

If you were in the UK, you would have to pay for the loicense too

Because our cucked government is anti-progress and refuses to correctly support infrastructure that could possibly attract innovation and industry in the tech field.
Telstra can get away with charging a premium for low tier services and stupid prices for anything above mediocre.
Basically they're all just old cunts who believe that 500GB of 5mbps internet is all any regular person needs, in order to read left leaning media, watch foxtel and check footy scores.
It's why our shit country is doomed for technological shitness whilst pajeet and china rape our country for its natural resources and indonesia laughs at us, whilst being a nation of literal street shitting Islamic Niggers of S/E Asia.

Move to a city if you want good internet. Sorry your goverment did the right thing and didnt waste tax dollars on bad investments

I live in a city, i pay alot of money for a fiber connection, it's still low tier.
Every one can't JuSt MoVe tO a CiTy DuRrRrr you fucking imbecile, infrastructure needs to extend outside of city areas.

>Sorry your goverment did the right thing and didnt waste tax dollars on bad investments

You're either not Australian or live under a fucking rock. Read about the NBN, and tell me that wasn't a massive waste of tax dollars and wasn't/isn't a bad investment.

Australia's government seems unwilling to fix telecom companies and more things that have been a pain in the arse of Australians for decades now. And monopolists and quasi-monopolists got no motivation to fix shit.

At least that's how I see it so far.

Just hope they turn around at some point and mandate x open-to-any-ISP strands of fiber to every premise.

You should never advocate for goverment subsidization, it only ever leads to waste and kills competition

>mandate private companies be public utilities
Yeah they will totally want to pay to lay wire when ever competator will get to use it for free. Then no one will lay wire unless the government pays them to. Stop and think fucktard, this is why they took your guns

How was every train, plane, and automobile industry was ever made then?

Yep, x=4 minimum here. And now we got this and many other [mostly 1GB/1GB unlimited] offers:
fiber.salt.ch/en/

> this is why they took your guns
We also still have guns. They're just not regarded as some crime problem - solving EDC device here. We will use them if we're mortally in danger or get invaded or if we are in designated shooting ranges and shoot 'em for sport, that's about it.

By hard work and not crying bootlicking niggers like you who begged the government for gibs. I bet you are a gas breathing abo

Wait you can defend your home with guns? Canadians go to jail for murder for that shit and its illegal for them to store a gun and ammo together

Basically yes [there are passages in the law that allow you to use force in defense of yourself and even your property], but the circumstances involved will surely matter.

But you shouldn't expect it's quite what some US states do and see it as a permission to use lethal force with your assault rifle against people who scare you, trespassers or even thieves. It probably won't be okay in court.

my brown reggaeton shithole too

good one dickhead.
Ok so you live in Tasmania which got Fiber rolled out as a testbed several years back. Or you live in a brand new suburb. Either way you represent about 3% of the population that has a fibre connection.
Oh I forgot, Canberra now has fiber too. Because the pollies can't go without can they? They're sure happy to fuck over the rest of us though.

>hard work
lmao

>i have to get Telstra
>i'm going to ignore you can make almost $40/hour on sundays in retail

$65 for optus 50 down if you have a mobile with them. unlimited data

Australia is a corrupt shithole. Telstra has connections with the government.

This is bullshit labor party propaganda. Both sides are corrupt.

>i'm going to ignore you can make almost $40/hour on sundays in retail

The legislation behind that has been removed for some time user. It's now at the employers discretion to pay penalty rates.

Because you don't understand physics, population density, or how much things actually cost. You're a retard, basically. You want good Internet? Go live in some country that has a hundred trillion people jammed into a space the size of your backyard.

>NBN fags turn up and dig up my yard
>9 months pass
>still not available until april next year (this will change i guarantee it)
>still keep getting tons of junk mail offering NBN plans

Attached: 1424441588923.jpg (463x366, 89K)

>scrub
12 year old detected

>The legislation behind that has been removed for some time user. It's now at the employers discretion to pay penalty rates.

Is that what your boss ramesh at 7/11 tells you?

No there aren't. You are not allowed to own a firearm in Australia for the purpose of self defense. If you shoot someone, you'll be charged.
Maybe not convicted, that will depend on whether the jury agrees with you or the prosecutor. There was a case in QLD where a female security guard was bashed. She chased the offender who got into a car. She told him to stop or she'd shoot, and when he tried to get away she shot him. Police initially charged her. Public outcry made them drop the charges.

this

like that couple that complained the NBN would not run 4.5km of fibre just for them and put them on wireless.

NBN offered for them to pay for it but taxpayers were not going to

I know work is a joke to niggers thus why they remain poor and beg

he said force, doesn't mean a gun

that chick was charged because she chased, even in the US the threat is over you can't go chasing people after

Try again dumbarse. This is HFC in Ballarat, Geelong and Mildura. Installed in the mid 90's.

>NBN says ready for service october 1st 2018
Sure wish october would hurry up and get here.

Outer northern Brisbane here - FTTN everywhere. IOW, you're a fucking lying cunt.

lots of places have fibre

the fuck you crying about

Also, in this case: Wrong country. Australia doesn't have $50 / month 10Gbit symmetrical unlimited internet connections, as far as I can tell.

(Me)
FTTP, rather. On street after street of houso, no less.

Always hate seeing fellow aussies post on shit, we make ourselves look so fucking dumb all the time

They're not Aussies - they're Labor(sic) voters. More a form of parasitic vermin than people.

t. liberal nigger baby who would pay 900 dollars for a studio in a metro area.

>pay to use someone else's stuff
Yeah, I know that's an alien concept to a thieving piece of shit like you.

oy mayt, stop yoozin the inenet and bekom a snoipa, koz snapinzagujob!

im not a theving piece of shit, i just live in a rural shithole because the city is full of snowbirds and ghetto shitters who take everything. The city is a good place dont get me wrong, but paying 700-900 bucks for a studio is retarded.

(((sides)))

Once again, not even close to being representative of what's available in the vast majority of the country. You lucked out.

You get what you PAY for. PAY nothing for a shithole, get shit. This is fucking obvious to anyone with a brain.

That's less expensive than America, get bent.

1000GB is like a weeks worth of internet for a modern normalfag family of 4.
Fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1523507288183.jpg (657x527, 40K)

Telstra's gotta recoup all that money they funneled into Tony Abbott and LP to handicap NBN.

>muh gunz

Attached: Charlize-Theron-monster-mom-scandal-06.jpg (600x764, 85K)

Sit around and bitch or go outside and shoot targets 600 meters away. Yeah fuck Jewflix.

>Then no one will lay wire unless the government pays them to
That's exactly what they should do.
In New Zealand, the goverment provided shitloads of money to a few companies to lay fibre basically everywhere, with a bunch of extra conditions including that they're not allowed to sell directly to consumers (only ISPs), stopping them from becoming a monopoly.
Now we have unlimited gigabit in basically every major centre for not an outrageous price.

Blame nbn Labor and lnp fucking up telstra nbnco and g9 since the 00s
Fucking Howard the johnny coward ruined the net since he sold off telstra

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-24-21-18-07-34-01.jpg (1080x449, 65K)

the fuck you gonna do with 10tb?

There's not been 10tb of watchable media released in the past decade.

>New Zealand
>every major centre
So Auckland and... and... help me here?

Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide

Is that your description of everywhere that isn't Australia? Lol

Pretty sure that's Austfailure, but who knows, the kiwis probably threw earthquakes or exploding infected Terran sheep at them and they rolled over.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population_density
Lists these places with lower population densities than Ausfaggia:
>Namibia
>French Guiana
>Western Sahara
>Mongolia
>Tristan da Cunha
>Pitcairn Islands
>Falkland Islands
>Svalbard and Jan Mayen
>Greenland
Truly the who's-who, the cream-of-the-crop, of blasting, multi-gigabit Internet action.

Or, more likely, you're just a worthless fuckwit.

I have FTTP, and I'm on 50/20 with Mungi for $65 a month no lock in contract, they are switching to using wideband networks like Aussie Broadband soon.

Here's the problem with your logic. You're assuming uniform population density, when Australia has an extremely urbanized population. Those urban centres still have shithouse infrastructure for no good reason.

Here's the problem with your logic: by world standards, even the "big" cities - and protip: Australia is Sydney, Melbourne, and a couple of country towns pretending they're something after their mining booms - really aren't anything remotely large or dense. Further, you're totally forgetting the whole other-side-of-the-fucking-planet factor, where (say) Canada throws a reel of fibre optic over the fence, and parties. Germany, Britain, etc. are similar. Exactly the same for the high-tech part (Japan, Korea, etc.) of Asia.

Are you seeing a pattern here, user? Or are you just going to keep bitching that evil, evil Tony guy ruined Saint Kevvy's plan for you to be able to scrape your lewd loli sites ten times faster?

>He's actually making the 'no you don't NEED better infrastructure for anything why would anybody ever need that?' argument
Enjoy your ScoMo, settling for the bullshit handed to you seems to come naturally.

At least get a strawman that even remotely covers that you have no counter-argument, user.

>tfw somewhere in my land is some half-pissed labor voter trashing the houso flat I pay for and belting his defacto whos treatment I have to cough up for
>because of something he saw on a screen
>again
Universal (and worse, COMPULSORY) franchise was a terrible, terrible mistake.

Another stupid leftist lays dying on the ground before you, in effect, slain by his own hand, clinging pitifully to the illogical belief that calling his opponent names was a substitute for reason- and/or evidence-based debate.

Attached: 1360136862945.gif (140x140, 1.27M)