Android Tablets General

Do you use an android tablet regularly?
Are they still alive at all?

Attached: android tablet.jpg (740x416, 41K)

>Do you use an android tablet regularly
Yes. To me an android tablet is perfect for light web browsing and nothing can top the tab s2/3's screen, especially for reading comics or manga.

Are they alive?
They're on life support. Name 5 people you know who have one compared to ipads.

No and no.

I had an S4 tab but trust me when I say this the android tablet support is abysmal, so much wasted space on the apps.

I would reccomend either getting a cheap android tablet, a surface if you want productivity, or if you want a premium tablet experience, an ipad

I'll take your Tab S4 off your hands

Nigger detected

> premium experience
> apple
that's how people recognize shills. babbling laughable nonsense like that

Google virtually killed development support for Andoid tablets

No implications of robbery nor of stealing/jackig were made.

I can see the oled display being the closest thing to reading on paper.
Better than a kindle fire that's for sure.

Why did you get an s4 if you knew it was going to have a lot of compatibility issues?
ipads are not premium in the slightest. Everything being tied to apple and being a pain in the ass to jailbreak just ruins everything.

For reading ebooks and comics/manga, nothing comes close

Everything else, id either use my phone or pc.

Watching tv shows in bed under the covers is hella comfy though.

Bulkiness of a laptop, toy operating system, worthless application base and god awful input methods of a smartphone, and in the case of Android tablets not even fashionable and just used by people who can't afford an iPad and/or won't shut the fuck up about it.

The worst of all worlds.

>people who can't afford an iPad

Attached: jew 4.jpg (300x295, 43K)

my company got it for me I switched it for a surface instead.
oh get fucked faggot I hate apple but even I know they take full advantage of their ipad screen size.

I got a Fire 8 HD for 60€ and for the price it's great since you can just install Google Play and Fdroid onto it
But for anything else than watching video or music it's either too slow or the size of the tablet makes it very awkward. For example typing is way better and faster on a phone than on a huge tablet
I think the reason tablets aren't selling anymore is because of market saturation
Even if you bought a $200 Android tablet 4 years ago for watching videos, it will still be able to play videos today. And if the battery decreases it's as big of an issue since you usually use a tablet in your home. You just don't have to buy a new tablet every 2 years.

Attached: 1541357181421.png (793x761, 827K)

Hate Apple. Have an iPad. Literally best tablet experience sadly.

Love my Tab A 9.7" with s-pen.
>replaced my use of paper products in university
>use as an ebook reader
>read news and articles comfortably
>draw stuff
>browse 4chins
>watch videos, films, and sports on the go
>play games during flights

Attached: Screenshot_20181116-084532.jpg (768x1024, 369K)

>Name 5 people you know who have one compared to ipads.

iThing owners will make it a central point of their lives to announce and conspicuously display their iThing ownership. Android owners will simply enjoy their thing and shut the fuck up about it.

Show drawings dude

> using apple
> not a faggot
thank you but I like pussy, I won't use an igay device
nothing beats windows on a lenovo thinkpad 10 or galaxy book when it comes to tablets.
your hardware illiteracy is laughable
and i despise MS, I have linux distros on all my hardware otherwise.

Android on tablet is dead
Long live Android on tablet

Attached: slate.jpg (2040x1360, 519K)

>under the covers xD :3

Underaged people need to get the hell out.

Get a TV.

Surface is good for when you're in school, afterwards you only need a desktop. Laptop (except for enterprise) and tablets (except if youre tech illiterate) are useless.

I bought a Tab S3 last week. So far so good, very useful tool to take notes during classes and read comics.

you sound like a Verge writer

Chromebooks & tabs will bring it back. HP X2 is looking good, wish it was ARM tho

>windows
How did you do that?

Fire HD 8 for muh prime video.

this
android 3.0-4.4 had tablet support. it wasn't GOOD tablet support, but it wasn't no tablet support like it is now

yeah honeycomb wasnt great but the ICS tablet ui was pretty good. i would probably have a tablet now if it was still around.

Using my Nexus 10 right now. Verry happy with the tablet, had excellent use out of it.

Yes, I'm posting from one right now.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-Bangladesh-816x459.jpg (816x459, 58K)

I use an HTC Nexus 9 that will die any day now.
Reading, Jewtubing, shitposting and the rest.
I love it, but at the end of the day it's kinda useless, I can do everything and more on my phone.
I love) got attached to it, but tablets are dead (Android tablets). The iPad is still standing strong because Applel.

I am in Chyna, how's the custom ROM support on that?

Xiaomi has for months promised to release the kernel sources. Once that happens, there will be a lot more support. Right now you can install xiaomi.eu ROM or maybe some version of Lineage.

Windows tablet >= ipad > android

Too bad they didn't went with a display with better resolution.
I think Mi Pad 2 was the best tablet of all time.

Attached: Comb07112018022656.jpg (720x1182, 206K)

1920x1200 is enough for 8" screen.

Windows tablets are trash. You can't really use one without a mouse and a keyboard.

I have a Nexus 9 and it's ok for web browsing and basic apps (one at a time). It's kind of slow. I use it 4-5 times a week after work to relax on the couch while watching tv.

And no, they're not still alive. It's not getting new Android versions anymore and there don't seem to be any viable replacements. The Slate looks cool but it's ridiculously expensive for good specs. When my N9 dies I'll probably replace it with an iPad.

Attached: n9.jpg (1722x1012, 176K)

>Nexus 9
Outdated as fuck.

How good is this tablet user?

For its price, it's really good.

Anyone here have the M5? How is it?

Any thoughts on using a tablet as basically a DaaS thin client?

no headphone jack / 10

>TV
found the boomer

Tablets died in 2013.

>tv
You mean an inexpensive futureproof gaming/multimedia setup (around 700-800 bucks), a budget phone and a mid range tablet?

>You're a boomer if you watch a screen more than 50cm from your face
God I feel old

Touchwizz

Attached: Screenshot_20181116-230733_Clover.jpg (1440x2960, 527K)

I got a nexus 7 (2012).

I really wish google just did another iteration of the nexus 7.

Mi Pad 4 is the closest thing. It's even the exact same size, except thinner.

I'd honestly rather get a Surface Go or something similar.