14 million rpi sold worldwide

>14 million rpi sold worldwide
how can someone scammed 14 million people and got away with it?

Attached: 91zSu44%2B34L._SX466_.jpg (466x300, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

electronics-lab.com/hardkernel-odroid-h2-intel-celeron-j4105-launch-soon/
ark.intel.com/products/128989/Intel-Celeron-J4105-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-2-50-GHz-
techradar.com/news/best-raspberry-pi-distro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mom i can't play fortnite with this

You know what it is for, right?
And you know that it is doing this one thing pretty good, right?

Oh look, it's this shitty ass thread again. It's almost better than the "guyz what can I do with this???'
This board, website and planet is gay

>This board, website and planet is gay
Oh, i think you are not inclusive enough here. Please try to respect our diversity

> 1 real USB with a shared HUB with Ethernet
> USB 2.0, 100M Eth.
> 1GB RAM

I don't get it either, there are better/cheaper boards.

it's not about the hardware. When will people realize this?
The raspberry has never advertised itself to have powerful hardware

>what is a brand

People buy the rpi because they know what they are getting and because there are a huge amount of guides written specifically for it.

>scammed
Nah m8, it's just a little computer - you decide what to do with it.

>it's this thread again

marketing

>100 Milion Eth
newfag pls go away.

This thread is funny. This one arrived today. It is my fourth. Also my brother is pestering me to setup for him a retropie too.

Attached: IMG_20181116_133322.jpg (3391x3120, 3.17M)

What will you be using it for (including the usb drive)? Getting mine today too.

I'll just leave this here

Attached: odroid-h2_01-680x508.jpg (680x508, 42K)

It is a card reader. As to what I will use this one for? it will probably end up as a media/print server and hosting a bunch local network services.

You fucking autistic retard what's wrong with 100 megabit ethernet

Why? I use it to WOL computers inside of my NAT.

Autism

Megabit = Mb or Mbit
M = milion
kill yourself

>You fucking autistic retard

>kill yourself

what's this?

Attached: 1541688777963.png (483x470, 184K)

its just the more popular, less bang for your buck just werks version of single-board computers.
basically the apple of the single-board computers.

odroid-h2
an x86 SBC with Nvme support, 2xgigabit ethernet and 2 sata ports plus 20 pins for external hardware shit.
It's going to be rather expensive (i guess like 200€ with everything like ram and ssd), but since it is x86 it can run all the software.
This could actually be a real homeserver, unlike the raspi

So you're telling me a $250 computer is more powerful than a $30 computer? Fuck, what a scam!

Attached: me_online_irl.webm (716x540, 655K)

>there are better/cheaper boards.

....now.
But none existed when the original RPi came out.

Im using a n2820 as a home server

No, this is obvious.
People just think the raspberry is made for something like this and then complain about it's hardware anyways.
And the odroid is like a really good candidate for stuff like homeservers and """real""" robots

Play Minecraft then, you little shit. And don't tell your father about how Uncle Tyrone stopped by today and we played hide and seek in my bedroom for two hours.

2x gigabit...
what cpu? Does cpu have aes instructions? This could be such a good pfsense/vpn device...

>what cpu?
this might be the problem, but I don't know.
>SoC: Intel Celeron J4105 quad-core processor @ up to 2.3 GHz (real frequency) with 12EU Intel UHD Graphics 600
One of my colleagues had scepsis on the performance of it, but we'll see. I think, atleast for a home network, it should be fine.

electronics-lab.com/hardkernel-odroid-h2-intel-celeron-j4105-launch-soon/

>$200 for a j4105
U wut

It is expected to be between 100 and 150 buckos.
But without hdd and ram

>no ram or storage embedded
You might as well get one of the mini-itx embedded boards then. They're like 70 bucks

*crack*
just buy an old pc, even a penryn can do better than that baby toy
*sip*

GPIO and community, nothing to do with the board.

filename

I wanted to yell at you for your analogy, but it's actually pretty spot on... Marketing and you are paying for a name with good support based on a large community. Or you can get something way faster for cheaper.

yea I figured that on my own later when I posted

>cheaper
The Pi Zero is literally $5. The RPi's value proposition has always been "good enough and cheap enough with a standard platform for hardware accessories and software" so, you know, like the IBM PC was in its day.

You are all fucking retards. It is a bit more expensive because you are financing an Charity that teach children how to program.

to be fair, the
>ASRock J5005-ITX
is a good option for mini-itx embedded builds. you can even slot in an m.2 wifi chip. if you're into retropie, this option is about a gazillion times better than an rpi 3.

I have 5 of them. They are good for robotics and implementing various hobby ideas that can't be done using arduino(eg video processing, etc). If you use an rpi as a pc, you're a retard.

>If you use an rpi as a pc, you're a retard.
I'm browsing on my pi right now. why shouldn't I?

It's less of a scam if it costs 10$ less?

Attached: Raspberry-Pi-3A-3.jpg (2000x1326, 1.61M)

Am I being scammed nonetheless, if I'm using the Pi's full resources?

Yup, winner right here.

>Does cpu have aes instructions?
Yes
ark.intel.com/products/128989/Intel-Celeron-J4105-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-2-50-GHz-

This nigga thinks a $30 computer is a scam lmao.

Minetest*

I feel sorry for whatever the fuck happened during your childhood. Hopefully everything is fine

>not getting a Rock64

So a over $120 per motherboard/cpu/memory combo. This is not why I have 5 raspberry pis (which to say is what above 1 item costs). I have them because they are low cost, low power and easily passive cooled. All but the Zero keeps to the same design. I dont mind the x86 getting into the market, I love competition. The issue I have is they need to follow the lower cost, lower cooling and lower power usage design.

Do you not have databases to run? Daily cronjobs to do stuff etc?
RPi's made my life a buttload easier

What do u mean exactly?

Arduino is fun, Pi is stupid shit.

Attached: 1540143280849.jpg (960x682, 83K)

Great for running LibreElec.

raspberry pi 3 is completely fine for internet browsing, and uses less than 5 watts of power. how much does your desktop use 100? 200 watts?

>Arduino is stupid shit, Pi is fun.
this. this. this.

Have to fill a quarter of the memory to even get things going on Arduino while on pi you just download some Deb package and are almost finished.
Also ESP > Arduino

imagine a clsuter with all of them, damn

>too shit to make anything useful
>too power-hungry to make small stuff

Pi(ece of shit) is literally the worst of both worlds.

>arduinos are not power hungry
>arduinos are powerful
>arduino language is not a bloated piece of garbage
okay lol

>I have never used Arduino, the post

Attached: _2NoqOGr_400x400.jpg (400x400, 39K)

What's wrong about my post?

Arduinos are realtime microcontrollers you retard. They have a specific but very useful purpose like driving automation, unlike pis which are just under powered crap "computers" that arent actually useful for anything you cant run normally on your PC with no performance impact.

>they are comparing general use single-board computers to single use microprocessors again

>Uncle Tyrone stopped by today and we played hide and seek in my bedroom for two hours.
I love how they started projecting halfway through the post

>100M Eth.
>not Fast Ethernet/FA/100baseT

>"""real""" robots
>needing overpowered hardware to run your python routines at sub-real time latencies for your shitty coffee dispenser """robots"""

So Pi's don't have a specific purpose?

PS: Any actual (hard-) realtime code won't get coded on an arduino

>sub-real time latencies
You know that real-time applications have not much to do with latencies, right?
You probably mean performance, but not realtime

fuck off pajeet

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I don't know what realtime means: the post

>built in 2x sata controller (cheapo NAS w/o USB fuckery)
>nvme (could use pic relate for wild shit or as cache + boot)
>dual nic w/ AES support (Router + Edge use to switch)
>x86 (a lot more software options)
>Much faster CPU

It simply can do things the raspberry pi can't. of course it'll be more power hungry, but for the use cases I've laid out the only options available are more power hungry anyways (not mentioning the fact electricity is not expensive for any of these SBCs)

Attached: M-2-NGFF-NVMe-M-Key2280-To-PCIe-3-0-4x-Riser-Card-Cable-PCI-Express.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 50K)

Fuck that one's just pretty. I already have all the pi's a person can reasonably use but I kinda want that one.

literally (((blacked)))

Attached: blacked.png (262x400, 108K)

>He doesn't know how to use a simple $30 device to better his life.

top kek

Attached: 4ktrumpofrefreshes.png (600x600, 154K)

arduinos have like 6 pwm pins, PI's only have 1

I run Kodi, Plex, sonarr, radarr, nextcloud, syncthing, glances, nginx, muximux / organizr (unsure which I want to use), and then test local sites I build or clone from git, and I have a 4tb external hard drive hooked up. I used to run pihole but having it router wide isn't possible for certain reasons but it's great too. at the moment in pic I'm running full GUI and running Kodi and watching TV shows via HDMI on my TV right now, usually it's only running no xserver and pure cli. this is the 3b, not the 3b+ that just came out. pie is worth while for a lot of reasons, sorry you can't figure out uses for it.

note: pi3 is NOT powerful enough to use Plex if you have it transcode, only direct play will work.

Attached: Screenshot_20181116-183955_JuiceSSH_1.png (1440x2348, 735K)

4k rules

this
Switched from Arduino to redboard and boy was it a pain in the ass to run some basic libraries

>plex
How, it won't be able to transcode anything

techradar.com/news/best-raspberry-pi-distro

Only a tech illiterate retard would think a pi is a scam
You retard

4k rules

serious question, what's it about?

FPBP & /thread

>TOSLINK
>Dual Ethernet
>4 USB
>Firewire 400?
>HDMI
>2 SATA
NEED!!

>sonarr, radarr
Do these do IRC?

I find your lack of vision disturbing

Attached: 1540327124487.jpg (367x371, 73K)

"4k rules"

STEP ASIDE PLEBIANS

Attached: microcontroller_development_board.png (284x423, 81K)

>embedded Ryzen
>arduino compatible pinout
actual best board coming through

Attached: make_way_for_the_champ.png (680x547, 92K)

Incoming freshmen to my unis csc program do a lot of their assignments on a Pi that they get given the first class.

direct play, it's an option, you don't have to transcode.
these are for torrents. you tell it tv show or movie you want and it'll download new episodes or the movie when it hits torrent sites.

>only run weechat + tmux and a couple [spoiler]Discord[/spoiler] bots on friends' servers on my Pi
What else would you guys advise doing with a Pi running headless?

WHOA.

4k rules